Arcana Hearts

Started by Heartbreak_despair, January 14, 2008, 03:50:50 AM

Heartbreak_despair

I just picked this up this last weekend...anyone play?
stuck between tomarrow land, the old timey "one big wheel in the front bicycle", and the cellular phone...

asuka245

looks interesting..how is the game play i was wondering and is it a straight up fighting game?
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09

Emerge

i haven't played it myself, but i've heard it compared to EFZ. didn't really get into EFZ, but i'll try anything once

Mizuki

I do, as all I know I was the only WC Arcana player, and I've tried hyping it up but to no avail. There's a US release coming soon though from Atlus!

Oh, and it's Arcana Heart.

Shinsengumi

I've only seen the game play, to me its not bad, I'll try it out when I have a chance.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

I heard (from Kotaku.com) Atlus USA picked up the rights for Arcana Heart to be released domestically in the states around April 8th 2008, I might as well support the U.S.A. Version than import it.

A while back I heard Play-Asia.com had a sale on that game going for around 30 or 40 bucks.

Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Stormfalcon

And here's the website for the US release.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Chun

Any word yet if this is the first edition or the "FULL!" version?

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Chun on February 13, 2008, 06:37:06 AM

~Chun

IIRC:

1) Googling gives me a Gamespot page that says both.

2) Wasn't there only one version of Arcana Heart home ver.?

and not IIRC: Dear God I hope they include a JP voice option if they choose to include a dub at all...
epic progressive

vox

PyronIkari

Quote from: Spiritsnare on February 13, 2008, 07:50:34 AM
Quote from: Chun on February 13, 2008, 06:37:06 AM

~Chun

IIRC:

1) Googling gives me a Gamespot page that says both.

2) Wasn't there only one version of Arcana Heart home ver.?

and not IIRC: Dear God I hope they include a JP voice option if they choose to include a dub at all...

Don't know... how much I can say about the game without breaking rules. There was only 1 Home release, it had original and Heartful versions of characters.

There will be JP voices.

and Mizuki: No you aren't the only Arcana player.

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

I checked the USA trailer of Arcana Heart from the Atlus site and I found out we are getting both versions of the game all into one.  This is Atlus man they cater the Niche gamer so of course there will be Japanese voices during the fights.

Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Tsuchimi Rin-chan on February 20, 2008, 05:09:34 PMThis is Atlus man they cater the Niche gamer

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH you have no idea how false that statement is.

But yeah, name a big JP fighting game that was released in the US that didn't have JP voices outside of Toshinden and Bloody Roar. It's hard... isn't it?

LordKefka

US release is due next Tuesday. Yar, got mine pre-ordered a month ago (even though I have a feeling the pre-order was stupid considering where I am at right now). But man, I wish there was the fighting controller with it like the one offered with the jp release.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Shinsengumi

I'm hoping to buy a copy eiter before or after Fanime.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Chun

Quote from: LordKefka on April 05, 2008, 02:31:52 AM
But man, I wish there was the fighting controller with it like the one offered with the jp release.

Just be content with the fact the bloody thing only costs 30$.

Gamestop had shipping delays. Week late probably.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

JTchinoy

Go on youtube, look up the name "geesendou"
go into their account and look at their videos.  There's at least 200 arcana hearts 2 videos in there. enjoy...
nvm i'll just link it:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=geesendou&p=r

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Japanvideogames

actually Arcana Hearts was delayed by Atlus due to "brief delays" and "heart palpitations." its unknown how long maybe a week or so but yea hopefully soon.

JTchinoy

meh, looks too much like melty blood for me. :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Japanvideogames

Huzzah Arcana Hearts has come in today so it was only like a day or 2 delay for some odd reason

Mizuki

If anyone wants to play gimme a pm.