Smash Bros Brawl

Started by mDuo13, January 15, 2008, 08:48:26 AM

mDuo13

... has been delayed again, until March 9. Yeesh.

How much more are they going to spoil before the game gets released? We already know 24 characters, lots of stages, several modes... I wish the game would just come out already!

Share your collective anticipation and griping in this thread.

otakuapprentice

This is the last delay, period. It has to be.

My guess is somewhere between 30 and 35 characters total; the ones we know now have to be standard, since they've kept somewhat of a trend with the first two games(the first had 8 to start but 12 total, Melee had 14 at start but 25 in total), so another 8 or 12 characters as unlockable fighters isnt unlikely.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

RyuHayabusa

I hope Mega Man is an unlockable character. It would be cool if Nintendo did bring some of the old school NES characters that didn't get a lot of attention back in the day. That's probably a pipe dream though lol

I smell a gathering for this after it's released lol ;p
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Tur713

I smell a gathering before it released at this rate... :-\
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

Barnes

Why is this..........nevermind.
Anyway:
Sheik, baby! Why am I typing like this? I don't know.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

mDuo13

So today I saw the game was reviewed and become the 7th or 8th ever to get a perfect score from Famitsu. Dang. That just makes waiting all the more difficult. JP release date is January 31...

otakuapprentice

Quote from: mDuo13 on January 16, 2008, 12:38:39 PM
So today I saw the game was reviewed and become the 7th or 8th ever to get a perfect score from Famitsu. Dang. That just makes waiting all the more difficult. JP release date is January 31...
..but we have to wait until march now to get it.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: otakuapprentice on January 16, 2008, 03:50:44 PM

Can the American Wii play import games? If it can, why not import it?

of course, it'll be $$$$$ as hell, but you guys want it that much, eh?

otakuapprentice

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on January 16, 2008, 03:54:31 PM

Can the American Wii play import games?
No.

Ayamachi

I can't say I'm surprised that it's been delayed, but that doesn't mean I'm not PISSED about it. And woeful. T_T *grabby hands*
Alternate personalities for Fanime 2008:
TimeJump Hinata: 9%
Koumei: 8%
Black Jack: 67%
Gwendal: 38%

shortpachoo

Its not that bad

For me I got:

The new Advance Wars as well as Professor Layton that come out for the DS this month.  Then No More Heros for the Wii around the end of the month.

So that will last me till then

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: otakuapprentice on January 16, 2008, 04:25:22 PM
Quote from: RyuHayabusa on January 16, 2008, 03:54:31 PM

Can the American Wii play import games?
No.

ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

I just saw the trailers for it at gametrailers.com. At least that has wet my appetite for the game lol

Jerry

I knew it as much because after working in the gaming industry.. Feb was NEVER a major release month...  ::)

Let's just hope we can get our fix / more practice by having more gatherings.. where were just practicing our skills... on Melee...

oh and random comment.

anyone ever heard of the "Black Hole" Vegetable glitch ? (in Melee)

Dsakurashadows was the first person to show this to me and it was pretty random... and hilirous.  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

mDuo13

Quote from: Jerry on January 17, 2008, 07:53:10 AManyone ever heard of the "Black Hole" Vegetable glitch ? (in Melee)

Dsakurashadows was the first person to show this to me and it was pretty random... and hilirous.  :P
Yeah, the black hole glitch is freakin' awesome. Never done it in real life - just seen it on Youtube.

And yeah, February seemed like an off-beat time to release such a huge game... but you know Smash would've MADE it a big release month. ;) Ah well.

p.s. ryu - you probably never knew this - but the saying is supposed to be "whet" your appetite. As in to sharpen it like a knife. Neat, right? Sort of like how the "Saturn" logo really is a depiction of the planet Saturn. >=)

Jerry

The next Friday night gather I'll have to show it to you guys...

Me, DLZ, DshawowSakura & her friend Piper tried it out.

It's REALLY random.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

zoupzuop2

While the new characters are exciting (SONIC LIEK ZOMG), I would be a touch sad if some of the previous regulars didn't show up (like, say, Luigi, Cpt. Falcon...). That, and...

...aw, heck. SONIC WH-WHAAAAT!!! :3
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: mDuo13 on January 17, 2008, 08:22:17 AM
Quote from: Jerry on January 17, 2008, 07:53:10 AManyone ever heard of the "Black Hole" Vegetable glitch ? (in Melee)

Yeah, the black hole glitch is freakin' awesome. Never done it in real life - just seen it on Youtube.

And yeah, February seemed like an off-beat time to release such a huge game... but you know Smash would've MADE it a big release month. ;) Ah well.

p.s. ryu - you probably never knew this - but the saying is supposed to be "whet" your appetite. As in to sharpen it like a knife. Neat, right? Sort of like how the "Saturn" logo really is a depiction of the planet Saturn. >=)

Thanks for clearing up that professor. :P

Jerry: So that means that this friday, you'll be joining us? I would like to see this trick performed.

OniCourseMusha

I'm gonna start pre-ordering brawl soon since I received a nice late christmas gift from my cousin which is a gamestop card enough to pay for buying the game itself.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Shinsengumi

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on January 18, 2008, 03:24:50 AM
I'm gonna start pre-ordering brawl soon since I received a nice late christmas gift from my cousin which is a gamestop card enough to pay for buying the game itself.

When you do have it, I need to try it out to see how it is.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

narutofan17

I know what you mean!!!! I just got my wii and I come to find out that it was pushed back again! I mean I'm all for the many new characters (boo they got rid of my favorite) but come on. Don't set a date unless you know for sure it's going to be exact. This just getting me burning to play it even more.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!