2010 Cosplay Murder Mystery?

Started by Gatsby, January 16, 2008, 09:29:23 PM

SangSeiku

Aah yeah, I could also be an actor, since I'll have multiple cosplays for the entire weekend.  We can call up any one of them we require for the mystery.

L - Death Note
Kenny - South Park
Seto Kaiba -Yuugiou (?)
Katsuya Jounouchi/Joey Wheeler - Yuugiou (?)
Edit:
+Ash/Satoshi - Pokemon
Edit/

The first two are definate, so if we went with one of the murders being who killed Kenny, I could just lie there being dead.  Or get up later for questioning, seeing as how Kenny never stays dead for long.  If no one solves it for instance a dead Kenny could get up and claim the truth.  Or he could be lying to protect the murder (why would he do that?!).

Uum, also, if we end up with partial scripts for the actors, they'll either have to promise not to tell anyone early, or we'll just give them the prompt/story cards day of so info doesn't spread around before the game. (God, I can't wait for Fanime.)  I'll start asking my friends if they'd be interested in acting parts.  And I have to make sure they've all registered.  -_-'

G'night. :)

Gatsby

Hmmmm... out of your two definite cosplays I think the L cosplay would work the best for an actor.

And as for the victim, I've been thinking about this. It would seem that it would be a bit unfair to make someone play a dead person for a few hours. So I've thought of two possible things we could do. First option: We take some pictures of the crime scene (mainly the victim) which we'd distribute with the murder report. Second option: the murder happens and then once the "investigators" have looked over the body "police" come and remove the body. I'm just trying to think of our "victim"'s comfort.

Yes if they are going to be actors they must be on the forums. Hey, do you have MSN? We can have a group chats there once we begin getting members.

SangSeiku

Yay for L.  (I've come to sit like him nearly every where I go.  Its not good for my back is it?)

I was thinking about the same thing so yeah, We could have the pictures up on a board for the investigators so we don't have to make too many copies for everyone. (Must save on costs too.)

And I don't think I have MSN, but I'll look into it. I think my brother used it on my cpu awhile ago, so he'll be able to set me up.  I'll update you on that, but until then, we can just pm and email I suppose. :)

SangSeiku

We could also start advertising acting spots to people around the forums (Like stick the link to the thread in our signatures?  Is that allowed?)  because we need to know what charas are available to really define the plot.

Oh, and my creative writing teacher said he'll help out however he can.  (Isn't it great to have such a geek on good terms?)  (And geek is a term of endearment.  I acknowledge Nerd, Outcast, Weirdo, and anything relating to insanity the same.)  (Its more fun that way.)  (Escpecially when you let slip something like an entire conversation with your friends in leet... out loud. -_-' )

:)

Gatsby

Haha... Don't worry I sit like L often too. And yeah it's probably not good for your or my back, but oh well. XD

Yes a bulletin would work. We can have picture (we'll have to have either an instant camera or bring a printer or find a way to print pictures), the list of suspects, and some other important crime info on the board. Then for the investigator reports we can have a more detailed profile on the victim and basic information of the crime (murder weapon, time of murder, etc). Another thing I think we should have an actor detective who is still in the dark, but is given a few question to prompt the mystery along if the players get stuck.

I like the idea of adding this to our sig. ANd I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. I'll ask some of my friends if they'd like to be actors and actresses also.

Okie doke. I'll try PMing you a comprehensive list of everything we've talked about so far tomorrow.

Rally

There was a murder mystery party on the Girls Next Door show.  If I remember correctly, no one there did the dying but they made a fake plush body or something where they showed fall from the stairs and lie on the ground.  Near the end, they pulled aside the girl that the party was for, and told her that she pushed the victim over the railing.  Yeah, I can't remember much and would have to watch the episode again. ^^;  But this event sounds really fun.
All Hail Lelouch!

SangSeiku

Would it be agianst any forum rules to look through people's cosplays lists through tthe forums and invite them to the murder mystery on that cosplay thread?

... -_-'

If anyone has ideas for plotlines please do tell. (If there are any specifics please pm them though.)
We can't really pull together our story until we have our cast. So pm or comment if you have any interest! :)

Also, some possible characters from cosplayers I know (who are willing to help):
Chi (chobits)
Bakura/Ryou (Yuugiou) or Near (death note)
Ashley/Satoko (pokemon) or Pharos (persona 3)
Link (legend of zelda) (but he'll only be there for Saturday night)
Sanji (one piece) (?)

half these guys will probably be exploring all weekend though, (due to first time con-goer curiosity) so they may be unavailable (or they'll be sticking by my regular group the entire time due to first time con-goer fear-of-huge-crowds).  Dunno, but I'll ask again later to reaffirm their desire to be part of the mystery.

Anyway...  :)

Mizuki

This sounds pretty fun, and I've always been a sucker for mysteries, I may join in.

MonkeyRikku

I plan on cosplaying as Sunako Nakahara from Wallflower. And I would absolutely love coming by and participating in this as a suspect or something like that ya know? She kinda loves death and stuff anyways, so she might make it funny cuz she'd always try stealing the evidence nd stuff. It'd give us a good way to start having clues disappear or move and make people pay attention.

Cuz thats how I roll, duh.

LastExile

I'd love to help out! =D
That sounds awesome! x]

LastExile

Quote from: LastExile on October 30, 2008, 07:26:20 PM
I'd love to help out! =D
That sounds awesome! x]
Oh, and I'm cosplaying Near from Death Note, by the way. =]

ruby19_4

Sounds really fun. I really want this coming year to be fun. I was alone for 2 years I spend on fanime. So Im willing to join in and help. I have already Deidara costume,but I dont know what else I should do. I dont mind any suggestion. Please IM me to let me know more about it. I have a busy life here. Thank you so much.

Rette

This sounds like fun! I'd love to help if I can.
I'll be cosplaying Kanda from D.Gray-man.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

SangSeiku

Thank you all for support and interest!

We're trying to pull together some sort of audition thing we can do online for the actors, so if you guys are interested in participating, please do pm us after posting.

Remember to tell us if you wish to participate as an actor (witness/ ???)  or an investigator (competitor). Also your cosplay, we can't really work on the main story until we get some actors together, so bear with us. :)

For something like auditions, we'll try to pull together mini scripts of some sort.

Please do contact!

:)

Rodney_Pheonix

This sounds like a lot of fun, though if I went I'd likely be pinned with the Murder, well depending on if I was dressed as Mikami or Snake that day.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

ToshiX

Sounds silly but awesome I was in mock trial so this would be so much fun
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

BogusRed

If the planning is done right and early enough, this could be totally AWESOME. I will look for this in the events at the next con!
My PD account - My Blog
PaperDemon.com - art and writing community

SangSeiku

Hello all out there in forum land! ;D
We need more partipants for this project in order to get the ball rolling!
If you want an idea of the story, we need to know what characters our participants are cosplaying and if they want to be a witness or a detective.

Please PM Darth_Diclonius or I with info!

I hope you all look forward to the product of this! :)

emo_avenger

oh snaps! i wanna join! this sounds like something everyone would have fun doing. although i do wanna suggest that there is a set time and date for the start and have a set list of people joining so that you can write the plots and everything. since you would know who's there and who their cosplaying.
Fanime '08 cosplay.....

sasuke - non time skip ~gathering on sun-12:00pm~ all sunday
Ritsuka - Loveless ~gathering on sat 2:00pm~ all saturday
shinigami - bleach ~cant make the gathering~ all friday