2010 Cosplay Murder Mystery?

Started by Gatsby, January 16, 2008, 09:29:23 PM

Gatsby

I have always been a bit of a fan of the whole murder mystery parties and thought how fun it could be to do it at Fanime. I'm not really sure on details as I just (literally JUST) thought of this. I suppose it would be something we'd do at night. I suppose we'd have to do a registration sheet to help monitor who is there to be able to select a suitable murder. I thought it would be interesting to do it in cos and everyone involved in the murder would still take on their character's persona. Anyone else think this could be a possible fun activity?

SOme possible ideas we've been thinking of would be to have the murder in the Maid's Cafe after it's closed. We still need to talk to admins and what not to see if this idea is possible. Right now we are looking for reliable people who would like to be actors. If you are interested in helping just PM ME or SangSeiku.

Creators:
Darth_Diclonius
SangSeiku

Actors:

petdiekatze

I think that this would be a great activity. Murder, "dead" cos-players, and the butler did it. Hmm. Doesn't there need to be a host, an open plot line, a certain chain of events, a pre-determined murder, and... ... I'll stop rambling on now. I would be ecstatic to join.
I am Kitty. Hear me meow.

How do I sound like a good book? Just because I wield a pen does not mean I write myself.

Gatsby

Yes there would definitely need those. As I stated I haven't thought of it too much. I just thought it would be a fun social activity and good for a couple of laughs. I can only picture it... *goes into dream sequence* Naruto did it in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with a Death Note. =D *Ends dream sequence*

petdiekatze

*Sigh...* Is this another filler episode? *Waits for dream sequence to end* Aren't you thinking about Clue there?
Yeah, it probably would. Can I help you set it up? I'd like to see this happen and succeed. Though I think we have to ban the use of the Death Note... Kills too quickly.

How do I sound like a good book? Just because I wield a pen does not mean I write myself.

Gatsby

Damn fillers! *shakes fist* And Yes I'm thinking about clue which gave me a great idea to make an anime clue but that is a different topic. Sure you can do anything you think would help be it write down ideas and stuff. I'm quite busy with school lately so I don't always have time to get on so if you have any ideas for this just post them. Have you ever hosted one by chance? I haven't and I don't exactly know how you go about setting them up.

petdiekatze

Fillers caused me to stop watching Naruto. >.>; So curse them.
Well, I think what would help first is for more people to get involved and interested in the murder mystery.
They could give a general layout of their character. Like name, anime/manga from, basic personality.
From there it would be easier to make a plot.

The academic part of school doesn't start up for me again till the 28th-ish. So that's all fun and games.
Yes I have co-hosted two with a friend, he was the one who got me interested in them.

Hmm.. I think another way of contact is better. Does MSN/AIM/MYSPACE/E-mail work for you?

LadyKaren

Hehe. I've hosted like 6 of these parties and games. They're really fun. It would be rather difficult to write a well done one to fit a cosplay theme, and to get it actually coordinated would be worse than that. But all that aside, I'd be up for helping put it on.

Gatsby

Yeah the whole coordination of it seems to be the daunting part. >_< Hmmm... well as petdiekatze I suppose we should first get people interested.

ph1shf00d

Sounds like a really fun event... Oh!  Someone suggested a Phoenix Wright sort of reenacted court trial as an event/panel or whatever in another thread... It would be pretty complicated, but sooooo much fun if we could link the two together so that the "trial" would be on the murder mystery game... Participants in the murder mystery could be witnesses in the court case, and there could be added twists and turns behind the scenes that could end up being real plot twists in the case and to the audience.

Wee~

Just a suggestion though.  It'd probably take an insane amount of work to pull off. D:

sunrise-oasis

thats a good event I wanna here!!!!.....everyone knows the butler did it on clue XD!!!!

petdiekatze

Ohhh, that sounds like an awesome idea. I think to pull the murder mystery off there would have to be either two days, for it to be timed, or ... I think we would have to do the murder mystery party before hand though... I don't think the amount of work would be that insane. Just some really awesome planning and scheduling. Since the murder mystery is probably going to happen at night (I think it's better, because there is more room and less people so the participants could 'run around' more. ), the trail could possibly happen the following day, during the day. There would be an audience of any random cosplayer that decides to watch, and maybe a few jury members? Though who would the judge be?

Kandybar

A murder mystery party would be fantastic.  Putting it together might be a pain - I know the ones I've done before have had an entire storyline, with the people involved learning bits of it slowly throughout a couple of hours - but I might be willing to help out, depending on what we decide to do.  :)

ph1shf00d

@Petdiekatze- The guy who wants to organize the event was thinking that the jury members could be the crowd (or some people randomly selected from the crowd/audience).  For the judge, we'd probably need someone to volunteer to play his part in the other thread.

While it would probably be really easy for the entire court trial/murder mystery to be ENTIRELY scripted, it'd also be interestingly spontaneous to have sort of an open-ended trial where the verdict could actually be determined by the jury/audience.  Hopefully people won't be too disappointed if Phoenix ended up defending the true murderer... XD

Oh, and here's the PW Mock Trial thread:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8607.msg203376.html#new

petdiekatze

Kandy Bar- Yep, that's about the same that I know. But I think it would be fun to make up our own storyline/series of events. And with cards telling them what to do as well as some clues right?

ph1sh- Hmm that sounds like a good idea. I think there could be a sort of 'ending' for the murder half where there are only a few people left alive (which means there would probably be multiple accounts of murder =D ... [Depending on when this starts, people who have to leave at a certain time and tell us before hand- ish could be a planned murder victim.]) or there could be a 'traditional' murder mystery party ending, when the remaining guests accuse someone of being the murderer. But for the sake of the trail, it is not confirmed whether or not he or she is the murderer. That could be leading suspect number one. Or something along those lines.

Do you think we should start a registering list? And where would it belong? In panels and workshops?

Gatsby

Yes I think we should start registering people... or at least getting a basic idea of who is going to join. So just post if you want to do this and your cosplay.

petdiekatze

Hmm I think that we should figure out a date and time that it might be as well.

Petdiekatze- Either Kairi (Pink Dress, KH2/ or another that is in the process of being figured out.)

Ska_Kitti

You know... I can probably make this an event in my department. Like... each day I'll release more clues to the big mystery. I'll make sure that no one can come back and solve it on Friday even if they think they know it... or something like that.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Gatsby

That would be awesome if you can. I'll help if you need me to.

KawaiiAngel

I would totally be up for participating and/or helping you out on this one!

I LOVE MURDER MYSTERIES!!!

XD

Kandybar

Sounds fun, Ska_Kitti.  :)  What kind of help might you need?