2010 Cosplay Murder Mystery?

Started by Gatsby, January 16, 2008, 09:29:23 PM

ruby19_4

MM.... Lets decide to meet at the Fountain on Saturday at 10 AM. I will be on my cosplay, Komui Lee and my name is ruby. I hope its ok with sangseike.

iAnimePHr34k

Don't take this the wrong way WHATSOEVER.
But I think it's hilarious (in an ironic way) that we're playing a murder mystery in the morning! xDD
And I can make it either days. However, I need the date and time! >w<
So I can figure out what time I need to sleep.
However if it's on Friday, I might be a bit late. D:

konataFTW

I think it should be at least after 5 so it would be a real "dinner" kind of atmosphere x3

Friday? uhmm Karaoke contest >_< but I could make it if it's 5-6 XD
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

ruby19_4

mmm..... waw....ok. Well ok. I dont know about saturday. I might go to the masquerade on saturday. so Let's c.

Yuu

Damn! I htink one of my photoshoots is at 10 am Saterday. I eally wanted to play too ;_;
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Chem0

I have a gathering at 11am. DX It should be on Saturday. But then again, Sunday morning would be very convinient as well.

BSaphire

Konnichiwa CMM peeps ^^)

I noticed that Darth_Diclonius has not been on since March 13th. Has anyone sent him an email (not a pm) to see what is happening with him and this thread?

Time is running out and if this is to be a Cosplayer Event then there are decision that need to be made in order for it to appear on the Cosplayer Event section of the info boards.

Just a heads up :P

Squidges
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

SangSeiku

Hokay guys,

I'm thinking it would work out best like this:

We meet up Sunday 10 AM and Saturday 10 AM to hand out alibis to the witnesses so they have a chance to look things over, that way that can act things naturally.  >w<

If we decide we're all prepared for stuff, we weill probably have the actual murder mystery around 5 PM Saturday.

Likely we'll meet up out at the fountains all three times, but after we all discuss stuff in person, we can decide if we want the whole mystery out near the fountains.

Please respond to this so I can get a feeling if this'll work out.

I'll PM Darth today or tomorrow to see if he thinks this is organized enough. (thx for the heads up BSaphire)

(Dates and times may change, if they do I'll post)

Thank you witnesses for being patient, all of my classes threw projects at me this week, but I'll hopefully have things written up.  I'll post who all I request for witnesses by Thursday (I think, if not, keep checking back and curse my idiocy.  Maybe the stupid will leave my brain then. :D)

Thank you all for your support!!

SangSeiku

*Okay, I must be tired.  Switch the "Satuday"s and "Sunday"s in the above post.  My brain is spastic, and I swear it keeps thinking Sunday comes first.  T.T

Better yet you guys tell me whether you'd rather do the actual mystery on Saturday or Sunday.

(I honestly don't know what's wrong with my brain.)

iAnimePHr34k

My friend wants to participate as well.
She's being a character from Sonic.
Can she just show up on Saturday?

ruby19_4

Mm.... I think both are fine with me. Only on sunday I am doing cosplay for D. gray man, which start at 10AM.  Well. Will c how it goes. OMG..... couple more days. *screams* Im so excited to be there. :)

BSaphire

With the cosplayer events scheduled for the fountain area on Sunday start at 10 am and will run till about 5 pm.

I would like to suggest Saturday for this and I wanted to let you know that I will have one table for gatherings and one for events so if you need a centralized location to meet during all of this. There is a CE running from 12 - 4 at the table but there is also the risor stage located at the foot of the stairs (1st floor of the Convention Lobby)that is available most of the day on Saturday. Maybe the final portion could be played out there so eveyone can know "Who Dun It!" @ say 4:30 to 5 pm?

Let me know what you think. :)

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

SangSeiku

Thanks for the inforz B,  (If you haven't already read this, I'll PM you soon)
Having a stage for the conclusion would be great~
I'll get back to everyone ASAP, wanna get a look at the time lists myself

(Man, it kills me that some people can only make it on certain days...
I think we could hand out Alibis to our actors 10AM on Sat and Sun...
Is the stage only available on Saturday?  I'll PM my questions later~)

SangSeiku

Hokay guys, I believe we have two routes to choose from (for now?):

A)
The actors(witnesses and I) meet up on Saturday morning
9AM~10AM near the fountains/ in the game room (which is better?)
and we do the event (questioning and such sometime around 3:30~4:30 in the game room
and wrap up on stage 4:30~5:00 w/conclusion

unless we want to do the whole thing on stage?  work quickly little detectives~ ... no... that would be cruel, neh?

or
B)
The witnesses and I can meet up on both/either Saturday/Sunday
9~10AM either day
and we do the event sometime Sunday evening between 5~7PM
(if the stage were avaiable sometime in that time it'd be cool too, but whatev, I'm flexible~)

I'm supposing during the actual event (if antone can actually tell what's up) Anyone can watch the questioning?
And hopefully the grand reveal at the end we can do public-like?
(Man that stage sounds great)

Talk to y'all soon.
(I finally have Saturday and Sunday straight in my head! *rejoices* :D)
Lawliet signing out~

ruby19_4

lol sang. Um.. on saturday im going to the gathering that start at 12:30 am, which is fine. then masquerade. it sounds in between. So I dont mind. On sunday Im gonna go to the other gathering start at 10, so I will be there to check it out. Few... sure gonna be crazy and fun. Let me know what it gonna be for sure. Thx for the update. OMG few more days......!!!! AArgghhh..... my wig is distroyed.

Yuu

Apparently both of the photoshoots Im going to be in are on Sunday ( Soo glad those costumes are easy to put on)

So I can do saterday morning for witnessing. later I have teh hsonene jump shoot at 3PM on..I forgot.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Rodney_Pheonix

This was a pain to track down, anywho I'm planning to be in San Jose on Friday, somewhere around noon maybe earlier or later depending on Traffic coming over the highway from Casa De Fruta.

As for the con, this'll be my first time at a con (However not acting yay College plays..though it's been a while so I may be rusty-ish), and also my first time at the SJ convention center, so I'll spend Friday-ish getting a layout of the place in my mind.

as far as I know I didn't have any plans for Saturday except wandering and seeing the other cosplays, and fielding a response on if people would buy custom wooden sword props from me.

Or sitting down in a corner and doing random sketches of the architecture.

-Mikami out.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

BSaphire

Quote from: SangSeiku on May 10, 2009, 11:11:24 PM
Hokay guys, I believe we have two routes to choose from (for now?):

A)
The actors(witnesses and I) meet up on Saturday morning
9AM~10AM near the fountains/ in the game room (which is better?)
and we do the event (questioning and such sometime around 3:30~4:30 in the game room
and wrap up on stage 4:30~5:00 w/conclusion

unless we want to do the whole thing on stage?  work quickly little detectives~ ... no... that would be cruel, neh?

or
B)
The witnesses and I can meet up on both/either Saturday/Sunday
9~10AM either day
and we do the event sometime Sunday evening between 5~7PM
(if the stage were avaiable sometime in that time it'd be cool too, but whatev, I'm flexible~)

I'm supposing during the actual event (if antone can actually tell what's up) Anyone can watch the questioning?
And hopefully the grand reveal at the end we can do public-like?
(Man that stage sounds great)

Talk to y'all soon.
(I finally have Saturday and Sunday straight in my head! *rejoices* :D)
Lawliet signing out~
Here is my suggestion to all you Murder Mystery fans out there (Like ME! :) )

Everyone involved with running this meets on Friday @ 7:00 pm @ the Riser Stage 1st floor of the Con Center. I will be at the Shonen Weekly gathering @ 6:30 and then head over. This will give you time to go over the stage dimensions and trouble shoot last minute things (trust me they always happen) If everyone can meet up at this time then hand out the alibis, run through it a couple of times and time the whole thing.

What I would like to see is this performed on Saturday & Sunday.

Saturday from 4 - 5 pm (with the run through on Friday you will know how long it will take) For those who are in the Cosplay Masquerade this would be right after your Optional Masq rehersal & make sure your prejudging is done before 2. You can then head over to the stage and perform this (*note I would make sure that those who are in Masq get alibis and are placed 10-15 minutes into the performance of MM in case they are running late. don't give them roles that would compromise their need to be back and check in at 5 pm)

THEN....

Sunday at 4 pm. The reason for 4 pm is so that those wishing to attend B& W ball (starts @6pm) or MusicFest will have time to make it there. If no one cares to go either of those then adjust the time to a little later like 5 or 6.
The fun with running it on Sunday is that you can change up the alibis after Saturday's performance and have a different person as the "Who Dun It" end. (those that were in the Masq could then have more time and play the roles they couldn't before. Everyone would have more time... The attendees could see it more than once, and the best performance is always the closing performance.

This is only my suggestion.... you will need to make it work for all of you, but I would like to meet up with this group when the alibis are handed out and meet each of you. ^^) Now I know this may not work out for all of you, will create more a little more work and a demand on time but I think that this would be something wonderful to see. Who knows where this could lead for next year.

I would highly recommend some decisions be made soon and everyone involved be pm'd/emailed about how this will break down very soon.

If no one has heard from Darth up to this point I would look to SangSeiku to be running this. This means that SangSeiku will need to follow the guidelines for being listed on the gathering boards and list. As soon as characters are confirmed, date(s) & times are set and all the info figured out I will need it to repost it onto the first post of this thread. I will need this ASAP  or more like yesterday :)

Squidges
BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Rodney_Pheonix

That sounds like it'll work for me.

...Can't really think of anything else to say.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

konataFTW

nee nee nee...

saturday and sunday is ok wih me =]

although on saturday I will be Killua after 3 pm so yeah hehehe Killua is known to be an assasin so I want him in the game >_<

Sunday 4 pm? hmmm I'll be either Nunnally, Namine or Sakura because I don't know when this'll be over (since KH Gathering is at 5:30, and photoshoots will be done by 4 or smt and well B&Wball at 6^^) giving out a "sweet innocent" witness(s xD) =)
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss