Anyone meeting friends from out of town/state at Fanime?

Started by Gatsby, January 16, 2008, 09:42:00 PM

Gatsby

I'm meeting up with my old high school's anime club... my girlfriend will see to that. Heh. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be meeting friends there so who is everyone meeting up with? Anyone meeting up with someone to room together? Anyone meeting a friend they've met online?

Moonblossom

My best friend and I live several thousand miles apart and generally only get to see each other at cons. We met at AX a few years back and talk mostly online. We'll be rooming together and hanging out at Fanime if everything works out this year, so I'm really excited about that :)

heeroyuy135

I'm hoping to meet up with a couple of people, one from Colorado and one from Maryland, plus my friend from the Bay that goes to Fanime

BrightHeart76

My best friend is coming out from Missouri for Fanime.  I'm looking forward to seeing her. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Mango Bunny

I'm rooming with my friend from like, 5 hours away. <3

phoenixphire24

My best friends all live in CA, and I live in WI now. Fanime is our yearly get together!

Kyokun

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on January 18, 2008, 08:13:17 AM
My best friends all live in CA, and I live in WI now. Fanime is our yearly get together!
OMG, one of MY best friends lives in WI and she's coming out to CA to see ME (and a couple other friends,too) at Fanime!  Isn't that a crazy coincidence? 

Hehe.  :D

Gatsby

Oooo... I'm happy! I just found out one of my best mates is coming out from Idaho. :P Now if only I could get my bestest friend from Oklahoma to come out.

THEBROTHERHOOD_CEO

I live in SJ, but I go to school in LA. does that count?

Tur713

My best friend who recently moved to Texas is coming down here for Fanime.
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

Jehuty

I'm in  San Jose, so out of TOWN, yes...Salinas, Ontario, Pescadero and Los Angeles...

Most of my out-of-state friends don't prefer to go to Fanime...
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

narutofan17

A bunch of my friends that go to Davis are going and me and my friend are going to me up with them
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Moonblossom

Actually the more I think about it, I'm pretty much meeting up with all my friends at Fanime, seeing as how I'm coming from way out east and north of the border, and most of them live in Cali ;P

Devi 1313

I have a friend from LA coming up, a friend from Seattle and my Sister from another Mister from New Mexico!
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

M

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on January 16, 2008, 09:42:00 PM
I'm meeting up with my old high school's anime club... my girlfriend will see to that. Heh. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be meeting friends there so who is everyone meeting up with? Anyone meeting up with someone to room together? Anyone meeting a friend they've met online?

4, that I remember off the top of my head.

1 guy from Australia who married a girl from Antioch.
1 girl that I met in WOW and her friend (who randomly plays).

The four people were from WOW, but they're good friends of mine. We had a mini-get together for the guild at FanimeCon 2007 (the east coasters didn't go because they're jerks! :P). :D
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Runewitt

WI, OK, and of course, a few people from CA, we all met on gaiaonline and are part of a group+guild there.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Gatsby

Hmmm... so now I'm meeting up with some friends I met on the forums! w00t!