1 In 4 Video Gamers are Over 50

Started by ININ, January 17, 2008, 06:54:57 PM

ININ

Some of us know the older generation are getting into video games such as senior citizens playing the Wii.  ABC News reports 1 in 4 video gamers are 50 and over.  Here is the article.  Video included.  Are we going to be anime fans over 50 as well? *hee, hee*

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=4132153&page=1

Shinigami

My mom is 48 and she has a DS which she absolutely LOVES. My stepdad is... 46? and he plays WoW, has a shitload of comics (American comics as well as manga), he comes to Fanime with me every year to watch anime and buy manga, and his office has some action figures and character plushies in it (Like Mewtwo and the such).

As for me, I've always wondered about my future as well. I'm almost 20, and I cosplay, watch anime, play games, all the same stuff you guys do. When I'm older, will I still go to conventions and cosplay? Or would that be creepy? When I have kids, will I stop doing all this stuff, or will I give my games and comics to my kids and have them be interested in it too? Who knows?

HentaiTentacleDemon

my boss, who i think is in his 50's, is a PC gamer and he has just recently bought a PS3.