When is the cosplay contest?

Started by Rukia-Hitachiin, January 19, 2008, 06:37:29 PM

Rukia-Hitachiin

I've only been to one Fanime so forgive me for the question ^^' I was wondering what day the contest is on... I'd like to dress up as Yuki from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya that day so me and my friends can do a skit plus the dance... but I need to know what day it is! Please let me know *bows* :D

hellangel

Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Shinigami

Sunday night. And could you please make your signature a little smaller?

Mister_E

A little more detail cause this year I get to stay till Sunday and I want to enter as The Laughing Man. So like where and what time and how
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Rukia-Hitachiin

Yes I was going to make my signature smaller :-[ Sorry but thank you for the reply!

I'm only going Saturday and Sunday, so hopefully I can stay for the contest. Thank you!

hellangel

uhhhh
don't quote me for this, I'm doing this from memory

It's for sure Sunday. I think it starts at 6 PM (I seem to recall the call time for performers to be at 5 PM).
Optional rehearsal was at 1 PM, I think?
And you needed to have signed in and gotten your backstage passes (and turn in any music) by 10 AM that day.
Upcoming events:

Mister_E

So you could either perform or show off your costume? I'm sorry for asking all of this I just to be 100% on these things. And sign up time is 10 AM?
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

BrightHeart76

Just to clarify.  Are you looking for info on the Masquerade (which judges cosplay as well as the skit...but primarily the cosplay) or are you looking for a different kind of contest?  If you're looking for info on Masquerade there's a sticky at the top of the Cosplay threads with all the important info, check there.  If you're looking for something else, I wish you good luck.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

hellangel

Quote from: Mister_E on January 21, 2008, 08:40:53 PM
So you could either perform or show off your costume? I'm sorry for asking all of this I just to be 100% on these things. And sign up time is 10 AM?

i'm just going off of what i remember from last year, so don't take my word as the concrete rules or anything ^^;; (ergo, you can't really be 100% sure...)

yeah, masquerade is for walk-ons and skits, though skits are definitely preferred over walk-ons.
last year there were a certain number of spaces available for pre-registration before-con, and then the deadline to actually sign in and confirm at-con was 10 AM on Sunday. (so actual reg is open prior to that, of course)

but, yeah, as BrightHeart said, official stuff is posted on the sticky at the top of the Cosplay forum.
Upcoming events:

Rukia-Hitachiin

Thank you so much for the info!! X3 and I love your icon (the twins from Host Club, right?)

hellangel

no problem! ^___^
(and, yup, that's us! ^__~)
Upcoming events:

billgoku

I think I'll be there too in all my Vash glory..lol
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

Rukia-Hitachiin

Quote from: hellangel on January 24, 2008, 09:15:25 PM
no problem! ^___^
(and, yup, that's us! ^__~)

That's so cute! ^_^ Will you be them at Fanime? I'd love to find you and take your picture!

hellangel

Quote from: Rukia-Hitachiin on January 28, 2008, 04:55:03 PMThat's so cute! ^_^ Will you be them at Fanime? I'd love to find you and take your picture!

Awww~ thanks! We'll certainly be there, we're part of an Ouran group (if you saw the Masquerade last year, we were the the group that used Gay Bar XD).
Have some pictures from last year? http://blue-serenity.net/yumi/galls/main.php?g2_itemId=14
Upcoming events:

Rukia-Hitachiin

Quote from: hellangel on January 29, 2008, 01:50:41 AM
Awww~ thanks! We'll certainly be there, we're part of an Ouran group (if you saw the Masquerade last year, we were the the group that used Gay Bar XD).
Have some pictures from last year? http://blue-serenity.net/yumi/galls/main.php?g2_itemId=14

Unfortunately, I didn't get to stay for the masquerade last year, but I'd LOVE to see your skit!! XD is it on YouTube as far as you know? I clicked on the link. I actually have a picture of me with the Tamaki and Mori in your group! XD I'm sad I didn't get to see you, though! Actually... *thinking back* I took a picture of a Host Club group that was missing a Tamaki at the time. I think it was you guys! :D I'll post the link to the picture next time and you can tell me if it was you!

hellangel

Quote from: Rukia-Hitachiin on January 30, 2008, 09:05:19 PMUnfortunately, I didn't get to stay for the masquerade last year, but I'd LOVE to see your skit!! XD is it on YouTube as far as you know?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BVb0Ll3vINU

(sorry about the EXTREME OFF-TOPICNESS, you guys ^^;;)
Upcoming events:

Rukia-Hitachiin

Thank you. I'm watching it right now. XD sorry I took so long to reply! (and yes sorry for off topic-ness!)

Rukia-Hitachiin

Ooooooooooohhhh X3 I LOVED YOUR SKIT! I commented on it and am going to add you as a friend on YouTube! haha. ooh that was so hot XDDD you and your twin were amazing!