Want to join IT?

Started by LadyKaren, January 20, 2008, 07:45:15 AM

LadyKaren

Yes, I know I'm not the head of IT and I'm not even associated with the department, but I'm the one that keeps being blamed for anything not on the site, I figure I'd throw this out!

Since out of the 3 members of IT, 2 of them just quit, and it's right in the middle of when we need them most... IT NEEDS PEOPLE!

So if you know how a server works, know how to code, or know anything about the back end of websites, JOIN IT! They need it. Please? Do it for me...

:P

If you'd like more info, or you'd like to join, email [email protected] or myself ([email protected]) or post here. Now lets hope scott doesn't kill me for posting this..

heeroyuy135

I can be of some help, especially with the fact my current major is Computer Information Science (Programming branch) and I know some things :)

LadyKaren

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on January 20, 2008, 04:18:57 PM
I can be of some help, especially with the fact my current major is Computer Information Science (Programming branch) and I know some things :)

Contact [email protected] and give him a list of what you can do / want to do. Depends on what he says (Ie: Scott is stubborn sometimes), you might want to email it to me as well. :P

heeroyuy135

I'll put something together and e-mail both of you later in the evening :)

sysadmin

Quote from: LadyKaren on January 21, 2008, 07:36:23 AM
Depends on what he says (Ie: Scott is stubborn sometimes), you might want to email it to me as well. :P

Apparently, this is the kind of boss you'll be working for. :)

sysadmin

While I work on the official staff recruitment site, I'll highlight what I'm looking for..
There are two positions that are open, web coder, and system administrator.

Web coder: I am looking for people who can build and manage projects for both the internal and external websites.  The primary language of concern is PHP, although as most of these sites have front-end, you'll need HTML and CSS.  You will also need the ability to set deadlines and meet those expectations; this is quite important.   Ideally, you will need to have some experience in making PHP projects, either for yourself or for others.  Practical people are worth bonus points.

System administrator: We have a number of Fedora Core servers that need love and attention.  Managing security things, making sure nothing is breaking.  You will likely need to help with some bigger stuff, like "help design a front end for Spamassassin" or "migrate a mail server from sendmail to a different MTA".  Things like that.

You can find me at [email protected]   Or email Kelsey.  She's cool too.