Boffer Room and Boffer Tournament

Started by THEBROTHERHOOD_CEO, January 20, 2008, 05:55:37 PM

THEBROTHERHOOD_CEO

We should bring back the Boffer Room.  It is really too much fun to not have.

In addition, we should have a tournament and give away a bronze, silver and gold metals for 1st 2nd and 3rd finalists.

call it "Best Boffer 08"

There would be regulation boffers that the con could make and sell (lets say 5$ per boffer). matches would be first to three, and would be officiated by 2 judges, who could also make sure that conduct does not exceed acceptable levels for those douchebags who take it far too seriously.

waiver forms would be signed before entering the room indemnifying other boffers, Fanimecon, the hotels, the convention center and the city of san jose (yay being pre law!); those who have signed the waiver receive a stamp on the hand.

Great great great fun.

~~Loktera~~

This could also be used as a testing ground for my Katar-Boffers...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

heeroyuy135

"Boffer Room?" Elaborate.

*2007 - first year*

LadyKaren

You might actually be closer than you think to get this happening. But I don't do programming so I can't say. I did have to have a staff explain to me what the h*ll a boffer was when emailed to me...

THEBROTHERHOOD_CEO

This is from an email exchanged with the head of programming.

"I am ... helping bring the boffer room to Fanime...  Once we have it finalized, more information will appear on our website."

Looks like the Boffer Room is back by popular demand!

astroboy

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on January 20, 2008, 10:45:20 PM
"Boffer Room?" Elaborate.

*2007 - first year*
google image search "boffer"

Ska_Kitti

I know this game under "amp guard." than "boffer"... is that just me?

xD I had a friend make a sword out of a swim noodle, , pvc pipe, tennis ball, tube sock and pantyhose. It looks hillarious. Same friend also make an ax out of kickboards and pvc.

One word comes to mind when Ebner told the others about this idea: Safety.

I'll leave it at that. Kick ass game when you get down to it at night in a large park.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

heeroyuy135

Runewitt

i've boffered with a friend of mine who used to perform at renn faires, is fun, but easy to get hurt, would fanime have waivers that people must sign to do it?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

dibbly

i've played for a couple of years and my group tries to follow simple rules
NO head
NO crotch
1 hit=lose arm or leg
2 limbs lost=death
1 hit to torso=death

safety would still be an issue. you'll need waivers and protective gear,....but you can always do it outside,...unsupervised 8)
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

Ska_Kitti

Outside is more dangerous because you have the outside publicun sure what you're doing and you might get law enforcement called on you dependant where you go. If you guys go that route, just be cautious and careful.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

THEBROTHERHOOD_CEO

hmmm... I do kendo, so im not too sure about taking away the head.  I say we keep the head if insurance liabilities constraints will allow us.

loss of limbs... i remember doing a few black knights in my day and winning.

we use some of these martial arts headgear, thus allowing us to target the head safely.

anybody like the idea of a tournament? and would we have bring our own boffers or would they be there at the convention?

otakuya

So is this gonna be like American Gladiators?

dibbly

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

Runewitt

Quote from: dibbly on February 06, 2008, 01:27:53 AM
Quote from: Otakuya on February 05, 2008, 11:38:24 AM
So is this gonna be like American Gladiators?

if theres spandex. i quit

is that show still on? i remember watching it as a kid.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

otakuya

A new version of American Gladiators is on NBC right now. It's not as good as the old version though.

~~Loktera~~

Waitaminute... If I remember completely and well enough... Wasn't the whole "Struggle" mini-game in KHII kinda like a Boffer fight?
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Emerge

Glitch

fold

are you my one and only pumpkin?

..still searching...