Which age should I have put?

Started by Xeluu, January 24, 2008, 04:12:47 AM

Xeluu

Hi all,
I have a somewhat odd question for all of you.

I just registered and put my age down as 18, but I realized afterwards that I'll be 19 when the con rolls around.

Do I need to contact someone to get this changed? Or does it matter?

I figure I'm not the only one who has this question, so thanks in advance for the responses,

~Xeluu
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

FanFicGuru

Actually, since you're still 18+ it doesn't matter all that much imo...unlike if you were a 14 year old who accidentally put 24. Stuff like that might need to be fixed more quickly.

A one-year difference when you're over 18? I doubt the urgency is there...but that's just my feeling.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Barnes

I don't think your age will be shown on your badge.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

otakuya

I guess age for registration really matters if you're under 10 years old or something (then it would be free with an adult admission, there's another thread about this somewhere).

14, 18, 19, 109...it's all the same age.

I think Fanime's registration needs the age information for research only.

ewu

use your age come con. We will use that and the other information to confirm your identity against your government issued ID....not school, no age on there, and no countermeasures against counter fitting... :)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Xeluu

>.> Oops, so do I need to get in contact with registration to get them to change my age? Or do you think it will be alright this Fanime, and just something I need to keep in mind for next Fanime?
2016 Cosplay Plans

ewu

There are other aspects that we can use to identify you, but if you are under 19, you should change it.

Feel free to contact us if you want it changed.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Runewitt

i was wondering the same thing. i reg'd before my 21st b-day and put the age as 20, i have to contact someone to change it?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Runewitt on January 27, 2008, 11:58:52 PM
i was wondering the same thing. i reg'd before my 21st b-day and put the age as 20, i have to contact someone to change it?

There's no reason to bother. For one, there isn't anything at Fanime that requires you to be over 21+, IIRC. Second, Fanime won't have trouble identifying you, they're smart enough to know that you've possibly aged since the time you registered. Third, it won't be displayed on your badge. No problem.

If you're absolutely sure you have to change it, what I've done was contact registration via e-mail to ask for access to my online account and manually edit my information. and ask them to change it for you. Changes should be fine before they start making the badges. You shouldn't have to, though.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Xeluu

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on January 28, 2008, 10:12:42 AM
Quote from: Runewitt on January 27, 2008, 11:58:52 PM

There's no reason to bother. For one, there isn't anything at Fanime that requires you to be over 21+, IIRC. Second, Fanime won't have trouble identifying you, they're smart enough to know that you've possibly aged since the time you registered. Third, it won't be displayed on your badge. No problem.

If you're absolutely sure you have to change it, what I've done was contact registration via e-mail to ask for access to my online account and manually edit my information. and ask them to change it for you. Changes should be fine before they start making the badges. You shouldn't have to, though.

Even though I wasn't the person who asked it, that clears it up for me as well, I'll just leave my age as 18 this year and remember to include in my birthday when I register next year. XD Thank you!
2016 Cosplay Plans

ewu

Small addendum:

We WILL check your IDs at the Yaoi and Hentai rooms......but having the correct age on the member account will help in emergency situations and liability issues.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Xeluu

Quote from: ewu on January 28, 2008, 10:32:33 PM
Small addendum:

We WILL check your IDs at the Yaoi and Hentai rooms......but having the correct age on the member account will help in emergency situations and liability issues.
Good point on the emergency situations and liability issue. x_X I should probably e-mail them.

Curious, where can I find the e-mail address, or perchance do any of you know it off the top of your head?
2016 Cosplay Plans

Krnchichiri

Quote from: Xeluu on January 29, 2008, 01:44:24 AM
Curious, where can I find the e-mail address, or perchance do any of you know it off the top of your head?
[email protected]

It's found on the main website under contacts. ^^
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Xeluu

Quote from: Krnchichiri on January 29, 2008, 01:23:56 PM
Quote from: Xeluu on January 29, 2008, 01:44:24 AM
[email protected]

It's found on the main website under contacts. ^^
Thank you, I wasn't sure if that one was right or not so I figured it would be better to ask. :D

Might I suggest to someone that the form be changed for next year to state "Age you will be during Fanime Con '09" Or something of that sort? Since I'm sure I'm not the only one who got confused. ^^;
2016 Cosplay Plans

Chihiro

I put my age as a year older for by the time Fanime comes around.. Becuase this year (08) I'd be a year older then laster year, when I registered.. (My age is still under 18) So do I contact registration and ask for a change, or just leave it alone? The age is about a month off of my birthday anyway..
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

ZukoLKirafan1

I also have question. When you register what do you have to put down?

Lelouche, I LOVES YOU!

SOawesomeness

Quote from: ZukoLKirafan1 on February 27, 2008, 04:05:16 PM
Can you be more specific? Just in general, fill out everything that was required... Or are you talking about when you register at the door and not pre-register?
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

ZukoLKirafan1

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on February 27, 2008, 04:45:34 PM
Quote from: ZukoLKirafan1 on February 27, 2008, 04:05:16 PM
Can you be more specific? Just in general, fill out everything that was required... Or are you talking about when you register at the door and not pre-register?

Nevermind. I figured it out, thanks anyway! :D

Lelouche, I LOVES YOU!

Magedark

Wait. What if you didn't put an age down? When I registered for a badge, I didn't put an age because it wasn't bold, so I thought I didn't need it.

SOawesomeness

Magedark- It would be better if you put your age... :0 And it's not much of a hassle for you, anyways. Just a few numbers.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook