What are you planning to buy this year? (2008 edition)

Started by FanFicGuru, January 24, 2008, 08:52:40 AM

FanFicGuru

Well, I'm typically one that budgets out EVERYTHING fairly early on. I'm going to be bringing about 1000 to fanime again this year...not including room, but including food.

Soundtracks...figures and a selection of anime are on my list. Series that I haven't had a chance to pick up yet. I'm also looking for wall-scrolls and of course....more shirts!

How about the rest of ya?
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Kandybar

Manga and plushies are at the top of my list.  :P  I don't have anything specific in mind, thought I'd just wander around and see what there is.

Barnes

-Chicken Wings
-F-Zero stuff
-Arcade stick for DC or PS2
-Guilty Gear games that I don't have
-Records. Like classic rock, hard rock, metal, punk, 80s pop and whatnot in the Swap Meet.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Shinsengumi

Import games on the PSP, H-Doujins, some CD's, maybe some figures if I see something good worth buying some Hentai DVD's  ;D, maybe some YuGiOh cards or VS cards.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

bahamutknightzero

Hmm.....

-Mangas
-Keychain figures
-Maybe a game (If I can find a good import for my DS or PS3)
-Maybe a H-doujin or two
-Maybe a DVD
-Cards (YGO and maybe any of the VS Series *Collecting wise unless someone can really help me learn the game*)

Who knows what I could find...

billgoku

I'll be taking about 2k with me, and that'll including everything, food, hotel, things I buy. Which will consist of figures mostly, scrolls, dvds, plushies, maybe some adult stuff.  :P
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

redroses3164

I'm hoping to get more Haruhi Suzumiya stuff. Mainly figures though. I don't trust Ebay about figures...

I'm also gonna be looking for plushies and maybe manga. Random stuff is cool thing. XD

Moonblossom

I'm going to buy an Obitsu body for my Pullip if I haven't already yet, and possibly some Re-Ments for her, and clothes if I can find. Aside from that, I'd really like to get Haibane Renmei on DVD, and maybe some Yotsuba manga since I'm currently obsessed with it.

Probably just some random cute toys aside from that :)

sunrise-oasis

Im going to sell alot of Crap to buy One Female resin/ PVC figure model. 4 ramune (or Daifuku), Honey and Milk pokey because FREAKING JAPAn TOWN are'nt selling them anymore T_T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manga's *but sad thing is, i can't find any nice manga to read (NARUTO is far ahead so no thanks, same with bleach..) Basically hard to find items that iw anna find and get....

bearmoon

My shopping list for the dealers room is rather small this year. ^^: I'm just keeping an eye out for any Pandora Hearts merchandise I can find and Strawberry Lunch doujinshi. Possibly any CLAMP or Harukanaru artbooks I don't already have. Otherwise, I'm just playing it all by what I see.

Finding Happiness Each Day

Cosplays 2011:
Cleo de Nile [Monster High]
Elvira, Mistress of the Dark

AbsolutelyCursed

Probably looking to buy some CDs (if there is decent selection) and figurines; but for the most part I will buy whatever catches my eye.

Shinsengumi

You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Xeluu

I'm always on the look out for One Piece stuff, usually Ufo Catchers.

Other than that, the list goes something like...

Ufo Catchers,
Mini Figures,
Key Chains,
Random Stuffs.

Random thing from last year that I still regret not getting, a One Piece Blanket! >.< It was... $24 I think, and I'd already purchased two over-priced items from the seller already and had been lied to by them (I was purchasing an Eyeshield 21 Plush set, and had asked the day before if they had Hiruma, the blonde character. I'd been told no, and came in the next morning to see it hanging on their display.) Still though, kinda wishing I'd purchased it, maybe they'll have it this year.

Oh... and if I find it for a good price: Ouendan! Both of them! XD

Huh, guess the list is a bit longer than I thought it would be.

What I won't buy:

DvDs,
Manga.

Why? Because I find that they're generally average priced compared to where I shop, so I'd rather save the money for things that I'm not gonna find in the local DvD store or book store.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

Tur713

I've got 800 saved up now including room, but it starts the day after my birthday so I plan on having more cash from that. No actual plans for the money yet, but I want to be ready for anything that might catch my eye. ;D
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Xeluu on January 29, 2008, 01:53:16 AM
I'm always on the look out for One Piece stuff, usually Ufo Catchers.

Other than that, the list goes something like...

Ufo Catchers,
Mini Figures,
Key Chains,
Random Stuffs.

Random thing from last year that I still regret not getting, a One Piece Blanket! >.< It was... $24 I think, and I'd already purchased two over-priced items from the seller already and had been lied to by them (I was purchasing an Eyeshield 21 Plush set, and had asked the day before if they had Hiruma, the blonde character. I'd been told no, and came in the next morning to see it hanging on their display.) Still though, kinda wishing I'd purchased it, maybe they'll have it this year.

Oh... and if I find it for a good price: Ouendan! Both of them! XD

Huh, guess the list is a bit longer than I thought it would be.

What I won't buy:

DvDs,
Manga.

Why? Because I find that they're generally average priced compared to where I shop, so I'd rather save the money for things that I'm not gonna find in the local DvD store or book store.

I also want to get some cool One Piece stuff this year. And another collectible sword.
Swap meet staff - 2014

talu-chan

I am bringing about $500 which includes food (for thursday through Monday until I get back to Tulsy Town) but not room.

I am looking for stuff that I will be able to take back home through the airports so I don't think that i am going to get more than a few manga, dvds, plushies and shirts.
These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Mister_E

Crap! Reading on what sum of cash they have I need to get to my Goal and fast of $300.00+!!! Maybe if I got to a budget of instant noodles and I can't get a job cause of my college life, what a bother, what a bother.

So what to do...

Anyway I just look around at the swap meets and booths, but I hope to get a Zeon MS-14 Gelgoog, to go along with my MS-06F Zaku II and my EMS-10 Zudah.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

FanFicGuru

http://bowendragon1.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=208&zenid=c366a5834605a70cbcd37ccdd6c6b554

Bowen Dragon has started selling 2008 hand-forged Fanime swords.

150 bucks... and it doesn't look like the cheaper option will be available this year (or at least, it isn't yet). Still...awesome collectible.

Swap meet staff - 2014

naruto_ramen_1

I'm going to be on the lookout for:

- Death Note goodies -- My new favorite series
- Naruto Shippuuden goodies
- Gengas
- Cool artwork in the artists' alley
- Eurobeat CDs
Dattebayo!