What are you planning to buy this year? (2008 edition)

Started by FanFicGuru, January 24, 2008, 08:52:40 AM

Sygmus

Most of my purchases are on an impulse, but I go into the dealer room searching out the specifics first.  This year I want Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! for DS, a Hinata or Sakura keychain, some manga, and at least one Galaxy Angel DVD.  Things I don't expect buying but might consider are gashapon figures and plushies, CDs, and doujinshi.

ph1shf00d

I'm not very big on buying stuff in the Dealer's Hall, but I'll browse around for any obscure things that I'd like to have... Kaiji/Akagi/Fukumoto memorabilia would be freakin' awesome.  I just got into Kaiji and Akagi and would love some merch  *w*  Maybe some Gurren Lagann stuff too.  Possibly some doujins...

I'm aiming to spend a lot in the Artist's Alley this year, though.  Fanime's AA is pretty formidable, and I'm sure I'll find tons of artists I like there.  I want to splurge on them XD Support the artists!  Hell yeah!

Nina Star 9

- My annual pin and plushie
- Anything cute that I can use that catches my eye (pencil cases, mechanical pencils, cell phone straps, etc.), typicall I don't have much luck in this area
- Hope to find a good CD again (two years ago I managed to somehow pick up an Amano album... what luck I had!)
- If there is anything else. Doubt I'll find much merchandise for Kino no Tabi or Red Garden, but if I do, I may or may not buy it.

I never buy much.

Mister_E

Along with my MS-14 Gelgoog, maybe a new different Zeon Flag, a Japanese victory headband, some Sharingan contacts, and some key chains.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

firegoddessnerys

I'll definately be on the lookout for Katekyo Hitman Reborn stuff. It's my new favorite series and I'm in love with the characters so I want to get goodies from that. Aside from Reborn...I dunno. My problem tends to be that my favorite character from a series isn't the most popular/doesn't have as much merch made of them. I tend not to buy much manga and dvds cause I can get them outside of the con, but I'll probably have a list of series I need to update in case I do decide to buy. I love jrock related stuff, so maybe something there...but if I reign in my impulse buying to just Reborn and even there, just Mukuro, I probably won't go insane...PROBABLY *sweatdrops because she knows her own spending habits*

A Tale as Old as Time

Shinsengumi

You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Japanvideogames

haha whatever anime stuff from Haruhi. Eureka 7 and tons of others I cant get from work. Games im good there haha, but Figures and plushies im all over that XD

Narutotaku

Konychiwa Otaku Elite and all subspecies of manga/anime fan(Genshiken),

I'm planning on buying rare hard-to-find Imports(i.e. The 4th Hokage & Naruto phone charm w/bell or sanin Jiraiya pin).
"Time flys when your having fun"(unknown)
"Time blasts off like a NASA space shuttle when you cosplay at FanimeCon"(Narutotaku)
<"http://member.square-enix.com/na/"><"http://member.square-enix.com/na/data/signature/16916.gif">

keitoghostie

- Rilakkuma Mechandise (Like a wallet/plushie/T-shirt)
- Some sort of Loveless merch - possibly a cell phone strap
- Maybe a figurine or two?
- A dvd - either NOIR or Shuffle!

Akito Starwind

Dealers Room Staff 2004
Dealers Room Staff 2005
Dealers Room Staff 2006
Dealers Room Staff 2007
Dealers Room Staff 2008

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

BrightHeart76

I spend a lot of money in Artist Alley.  Every year I start off finding someone to draw an anime style picture of me like this...

After I do that I try to find something really interesting in AA.  Then I go buy silly t-shirts and stuff in the Dealers room. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Magedark

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! Maybeee
Suzumiya Haruhi stuff (Maybe if they have the Light Novel that too)
RvB stuff if they're there.
Random clothing maybe :)

obliviousedward

Gundam Wing doujinshi is at the top of my list like it always is. XD  (I swear, I'm still obsessed with that anime after seven years.)  Other than that, I don't really have a strict list.  Maybe I'll go for more plushies and Gundam models this year (there's an odd pairing).  Oooh!  And I'll browse Artist Alley more thoroughly this year.  I've never really stopped to really look at anything in there, usually because it can get crowded and I don't want to block anybody's way or view. >_>;;

GUNDAM WING DOUJINSHIIII. 83
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

migitlicious

Kon plushies in different styles to add to my collection, wall scrolls, and some cool t shirts would be nice

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

rude32

I"m trying to look for this poster of Vice and Mature from "King of Fighters." DemonlordZabuza knows which one I'm talking about.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Dragon Ninja

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

OkamiOkami

Because I am a dorky fangirl, I am going to be looking for D.Gray-Man stuff, and because I am a masochist, stuff with Daisya.

But other than that, I am a simple creature and whatever catches my eye.

rctan9

Everything is on impulse for me each year, but I notice I just mainly buy plushies/figurines. If I somehow miraculously save up the money though, I'd like to invest in like a $200 Gundam lol.