What are you planning to buy this year? (2008 edition)

Started by FanFicGuru, January 24, 2008, 08:52:40 AM

Snakey

-Manga I haven't been buying for the past year
-Artbooks (You Higuri's Jewel in particular)
-Doujin
-POSSIBLY pokemon fire red (long shot, but maybe it might be in the swap meet? XD)
-shirts
-another messenger bag
-stuff from artist alley

I'm actually trying to buy a lot less than I have in the past three years, but I shall see. Manga usually is the thing that fills up my bag a tad too much.

Magedark

I've changed my list to this final one.

Soundtracks
Figurines
And any interesting/cool things. But I'll be careful in what I buy.

Jelly Soup

Thinking about a H-doujin. I really liked that book I got last year from Iris Press.

Hope to find a few cheap games I don't have.

Maybe Comic ONE will have the full set of Iron Wok Jan again this year.

questionette

I really want a Kon plushie...
and some other plushies....

also D gray man ANYTHING XD

VampireAlucard

I'll be looking for a Hellsing messenger bag for myself and a Rinoa (FF VIII) plushie for a friend of mine, but other than that I'll pretty much be shopping by the spur of the moment. If I like it and I can afford it, I will probably buy it, lol.

SuperKawaiiNeko

If I can find it, I'd like to buy Dear You, the Higurashi image album. .....yeah right ~_~

Chrono Cross OST would be nice maybe, if the price is right

Manga. Lots of manga. <3 swap meet. Still looking for that full set of Fushigi Yuugi! I also need more Prince of Tennis and would like to finish off Pita Ten if I can (am I a COMPLETE girl, or what?) We'll see what else catches my eye

Any figures I can find that don't cost too much but don't look like crap.

Let's see let's see...swords are too expensive...posters and wallscrolls are impractical (no place to put them)...maybe a plushie if I can find a cheap one.

I always try to pick up the latest BAAU Down, and at least one or two little somethings from the Artist Colony.

ANYTHING YURI!(!!)

If I have any money left after all that and I'm not starving to death, we'll see what happens XD
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

blancoisma

I try to stray away from buying DVDs and manga at the dealers room, simply because I can get the same items online for much cheaper. However, if it's something that I have been looking for online and haven't found it, well, of course I'm gonna buy it there.

But, this year I think I'm going to see if I can get several commissions from the artist alley. Particularly, I'm going to see if there is someone who would be willing to do a commission specifically for a half sleeve tattoo. XD

"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days

SuperKawaiiNeko

*SIGHS*

I remember the days when people would save up their money all year, specifically to buy anime and manga in the Dealer's Hall because that's where the best deals were.

Whatever happened to those days? I miss those days =(
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

robozombisaurus

I WANT SORA'S SHOES!!!!!!!

and like shin's lighter from nana
and and umm yea i dont know just like other random figures and stuff
Pinkie pie- my little pony
Missing no. Snorlax & Sylveon- Pokemon
Lumpy space princess- Adventure time
Stocking,geek boy(gender bent)- panty and stocking

Jelly Soup

Quote from: SuperKawaiiNeko on May 14, 2008, 03:57:50 PM
Whatever happened to those days?

Inflation.
Hell, greed too, I'm thinking. I've had dealers (that I've known for a few years, not saying any names) tell me personally that if I saw anything they had that I wanted, wait until he's back in the store or order it off the website. Reason being, many of the dealers mark up prices by between 2% - 10% for Fanime.

Xeluu

Quote from: Jelly Soup on May 14, 2008, 05:00:50 PM
Quote from: SuperKawaiiNeko on May 14, 2008, 03:57:50 PM
Whatever happened to those days?

Inflation.
Hell, greed too, I'm thinking. I've had dealers (that I've known for a few years, not saying any names) tell me personally that if I saw anything they had that I wanted, wait until he's back in the store or order it off the website. Reason being, many of the dealers mark up prices by between 2% - 10% for Fanime.
Greed definitely. There's one dealer (whom I won't name) that I've purchased from multiple times. They'll usually cut me a slight deal if I buy more than one item. Well, last year I went in.... Either Friday or Saturday night, saw they had four ufo catchers out of a set I'd been looking for for a LONG time. They had two out of the three I really wanted, the fifth from the set being the one they were missing. I asked if they had the missing one, and was told no, so I went ahead and purchased the other two at a slight discount.

Well, I go in the next morning to see the one I had inquired about hanging on their display. It could be that they didn't know they had it, but I REALLY have my doubts. I think they just didn't want to give me a good deal on it. -_-;
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

JohnnyAR

A Hellsing messenger bag, a pair of chain nunchakus, all three Hellsing OVA Dvds, some of those kunai.

rude32

A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Rei-Rei

Generally speaking, some manga and anime.
But I doubt I'll be able to buy it since I'm spending way too much on shopping lately.

Mizuki

alisonbrock

OMG!! I have not really thought of what I am planning to buy! This is my first time, so I honestly do not know what to expect. My friends, who have gone several times, say that the Dealer's Room has everything. I really love cute shirts with anime characters on them. Maybe some figurines or wall scrolls. I do not know what anime I am going to specifically buy because I do not exactly have a favorite one right now. My last favorite anime was Naruto-yes, I know, it is kind of overrated now.
All in all, I cannot wait to see what Fanime has to offer

zdho

this is my frist time going to fanime but i already know what i'm ganna buy :D i'm ganna get some copys of wepons from .hack ;D if they have them   :-\

VampireAlucard

Quote from: JohnnyAR on May 14, 2008, 08:49:52 PM
A Hellsing messenger bag, a pair of chain nunchakus, all three Hellsing OVA Dvds, some of those kunai.

That's another thing I'll be looking for is the Hellsing OVA DVDs, preferably dubbed since this is one of the rare cases where I like the dub more than the sub.