Can't... Think.. Of cosplay...

Started by Chibblz, January 26, 2008, 12:18:18 PM

Chibblz

Okay, so I was thinking of cosplaying as Haruhi and Suiseiseki.. And all this other stuff, and then i was like.. "HAY! It doesn't really work.. I need a loli-type chara!!!" since I've got.. an almost-flat chest and I'm under 5 ft. A lot of people have been bugging me about my cosplay choices too because they're saying that I'd look funny trying to cosplay as a chara with big bobbles! And people got confused when I said that I should just cosplay as a dude. So here's my dilemma: Who should I cosplay as?
- Piktar is Here -

All I've got is Konata at the moment. My friends want to group cosplay Guilty Gear, and I'm not sure who to be, either.. And my boyfriend wants to cosplay something from Fire Emblem with him.. *sigh* Then there's day 4 of Fanime. So I'm stumped.
I rarely ask for help.. So.. Uhmm.. It's the first time I'm going to Fanime with more than $50 in spending money. I really want to do something nice. :3

Moonblossom

Yotsuba! Yotsubayotsubayotsuba!

I want to cosplay as her this year, but I'm nearly six feet tall and have a 34F bust, so there's no way on earth I'd pull off looking like a five year old ><''

All you'd really need to put a lot of work into would be your hair, either a wig or a bright dye job. Her clothing is very simple, a t-shirt with coloured sleeves, baggy shorts, and running shoes.

http://myy.helia.fi/~a0400729/Pics/Yotsuba01.jpg

RamenCat

Hmm...lets see, you can take your pick of characters from Anime Freaks, Vampire Knight,Aquarius Age, X/1999 (if you have long hair or are willing to wear a wig) and basically ANYTHING from Clamp. Most shoujo ai type of manga/anime out there, most characters in those types are the same basic shape as a loli type....hmm...also Cardcaptors and Tsubasa ...there're a whole bunch of loli small framed type of characters out there, even Bleach has some
Registration Staff 07-08

kat-hime

MIWAKO FROM PARADISE KISS!
she has a variety of outfits, and they're very cute
that would be great!^^ i'd definately love to see a Miwako at Fanime

& someone from Tokyo Mew Mew

there's also Sumomo from Chobits

as said before, anyone from CLAMP, really...

Nightroad

As previously mentioned anyone from Clamp's work would work!!!!! Try Tsubasa, Sakura's AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

Jun-Watarase

I'm going to quote this from the other thread.

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on January 28, 2008, 09:31:43 AM
Quote from: PyronIkari on January 26, 2008, 11:01:27 PM
-_-

Cosplay a character THAT YOU LIKE because you like the character. Cosplaying just for the sake of cosplaying is a spit in the face of the designer of whoever you're cosplaying as.

I STRONGLY second this.

Don't cosplay a character only because you like its design. Cosplay a character that you like, because if the design is the primary reason why you're cosplaying her, it's not only insulting to the creator, but insulting to fans of that series. I know how it feels to want to at least be able to pull off the character you're cosplaying, but it should be a character that you like, and want to cosplay as because you love his/her character and want to express that. If you're absolutely SURE on the design, AT LEAST watch the series. It's only slightly better if you at least know the series and the character, but not by much if you don't enjoy it.

I hate running into people who are cosplaying a character, where I can assume they actually like who they're cosplaying and believe that we have some sort of common interest by talking about the series... which to my disappointment, they know absolutely NOTHING about the series or character they're cosplaying as. It's disgusting to see cosplay reduced to people simply wearing costumes that look pretty, and to have people tear away at an anime/game's value by cheapening it to its character design.

WHY NOT Suiseiseki? What bust of hers are you referring to, seriously?! Look at other cosplays of her. Do you think chest size, especially small chests, matter? If you were HUGE, yeah, you'd have a problem. As for height... She's a doll. Seriously. What's good about this is that you actually like her character. Don't just cosplay other people's suggestions just because it'd look nice, unless you like the character too. (And I mean CHARACTER, not just their design.)

You're not even flat-chested, IIRC. What's your cup size, if you don't mind me asking? If clarify that, and perhaps give us a list of people you WANT to cosplay (even if you don't think you can pull it off), you would get more of a lead of who you should cosplay, and enjoy cosplaying as.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Kanzake

Interested in cutting your hair?

Some characters who are near flat chested (hey flat chested girls are cute too~) that i can think of
Bleach : Yachiru (11th squad Lt) , Kiyone (3rd seat 13th squad) , Ururu (Urahara's shop girl) , any of the Kurosaki children.
Guys from Bleach : Jinta (Urahara's shop kid)

Lucky Star: Most girls minus Miyuki (pink hair girl) and adults.

Makai Senki Disgaea (anime version of the game Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness) Etna, Flonne

Love Hina: Shinobu Maehara , (i cant remember if this girls flatchested-ish) Motoko, Kaolla Su

If you need more ideas you can message me or something with the kind of anime you like and ill look up some more info for you from my dvd shelf XD
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

Chibblz

Quote from: Jun-Watarase
WHY NOT Suiseiseki? What bust of hers are you referring to, seriously?! Look at other cosplays of her. Do you think chest size, especially small chests, matter? If you were HUGE, yeah, you'd have a problem. As for height... She's a doll. Seriously. What's good about this is that you actually like her character. Don't just cosplay other people's suggestions just because it'd look nice, unless you like the character too. (And I mean CHARACTER, not just their design.)

You're not even flat-chested, IIRC. What's your cup size, if you don't mind me asking? If clarify that, and perhaps give us a list of people you WANT to cosplay (even if you don't think you can pull it off), you would get more of a lead of who you should cosplay, and enjoy cosplaying as.
I love Suisei, really. I was planning on running around with a watering can and screaming "Desu!" with the voice, since I can do it quite well.. I just got kinda bugged at how my friend was going to cosplay as Souseiseki and decided not to when I had already started on the cosplay.. That and I messed up about half of what I had already done. And I'm a little less than an A-cup, btw. Lawl. ~.~;

Quote from: KanzakeBleach : Yachiru (11th squad Lt) , Kiyone (3rd seat 13th squad) , Ururu (Urahara's shop girl) , any of the Kurosaki children.
Guys from Bleach : Jinta (Urahara's shop kid)

Makai Senki Disgaea (anime version of the game Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness) Etna, Flonne
I wanted to go as Yachiru last year. I'd have to buy a wig, though. O_o;; And I was thinking of Etn tooa. I'd LOVE to go around with, like.. a spear or something and try to take the throne from a Laharl or something.. O-o;; But it's to nekked for me. XD Flonne's awesome, but I think one wig a year for cosplay and stuff is fine. My budget isn't great, either. :3

And, like.. The CLAMP thing. I didn't really get into Tsubasa, and I don't remember X/1999 very well. Harhar. But yeah.. Ermm.. I don't really want to cut my hair... o_o;;

But I've decided on Konata, Long-Hair Haruhi, and May from Guilty Gear. I've been stealing my friend's PSP during class to play it, and I've become attached to the anchor. Rofl. But I just can't really think of a last one..

Maybe I'm just too indecisive. O_o;

Kanzake

Laharl is too clueless of Etna's true plot. Tsk on him. Bad Overlord!

Shes not too nekkid. Too nekkid would be like Jennifer (Earth Defender Gordon's assistance) XD

Kaname Tousen

Okay if you want to play a dude I would suggest bridget from Guiltily gear (HE IS A GUY I'M SERIOUS)
The truth behind blindness

Chibblz

Quote from: KanzakeShes not too nekkid. Too nekkid would be like Jennifer (Earth Defender Gordon's assistance) XD
I'd be afraid of myself if I ran around in that. XP

Quote from: Kaname Tousen
Okay if you want to play a dude I would suggest bridget from Guiltily gear (HE IS A GUY I'M SERIOUS)
Lmao, I was talking to my friends about Bridget today. Like an alternate costume or something. But I'm not really sure.. O_o;

Asa_Gohan

Quote from: Kanzake on January 28, 2008, 08:08:53 PM
Shes not too nekkid. Too nekkid would be like Jennifer (Earth Defender Gordon's assistance) XD
No...Id have to correct you and say Chocolat from Sorcerer Hunters...

Also, Id say Konata...only problem in the way is dying your hair blue or getting a wig.  But that shouldnt be too hard.  And if you could find any ToHeart outfits you can get then your set on their outfit and...Yeah >.> <.<

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Asa_Gohan on January 29, 2008, 05:57:09 AM
Quote from: Kanzake on January 28, 2008, 08:08:53 PM
No...Id have to correct you and say Chocolat from Sorcerer Hunters...

Also, Id say Konata...only problem in the way is dying your hair blue or getting a wig.  But that shouldnt be too hard.  And if you could find any ToHeart outfits you can get then your set on their outfit and...Yeah >.> <.<

NEVER... EVER SUGGEST dying someone's hair an unnatural color for cosplay. EVER. Considering the color and the length of the character's hair, a wig should be your only option.

As for suggesting To Heart, I think the standards you're working off of... based off her chest size, there are loli-charas in the majority of seinen anime in recent years. Though, cosplaying characters from gal/eroge, the anime adaptions, any type of modern seinen series... is sort of difficult for me to explain for some reason. The fandom is slightly more picky in this genre, and are more easily disappointed if you aren't familiar with what you're cosplaying.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Kanzake

Quote from: Chibblz on January 28, 2008, 11:22:16 PM
Quote from: KanzakeShes not too nekkid. Too nekkid would be like Jennifer (Earth Defender Gordon's assistance) XD
I'd be afraid of myself if I ran around in that. XP

Quote from: Kaname Tousen
Lmao, I was talking to my friends about Bridget today. Like an alternate costume or something. But I'm not really sure.. O_o;

You know running around as Jennifer youd have loads of fun!
Especially that shes so redicously.... blonde... not intelligent, youd have loads of fun cracking random jokes XD
"Oh~? This cute little boy is the overlord?"

i think shes smarter than Pesche (Bleach)
"How rude! Ichigo!"
"Im Ishida!!!"
"Then whose Uryuu...?"