Anti this or that...?

Started by Tuplica, June 29, 2003, 04:02:47 AM

Saffy

i never liked dbz only because the episodes were too short... but i used to like pokemon (used to!)

if anyone does, do ya wanna buy some cards? theyre practically worthless now...
POCKY
Because you never forget your first box.

GIANT POCKY
Because some like it harder, better, faster, stronger

Images coming soon!

Hououji Fuu

Quote from: "Tuplica"Hmm... Hououji Fuu, you mentioned that Pocket Monsters fans were dissapointed about the dub.  (I've read all there is to read about the changes made, so I get that).  But how did they get to see the original PM?  I've got a tape with two eps, but it isn't subbed and I've never found fansubs on the net.

...*coughs and hides bootlegs/raw episodes in random crevices of her room* I don't know... where COULD they have seen it??

XD plus I have a lot of friends who are native to Japan, and they were fans of the original.

...speaking of fansubs, a fansub group FINALLY PICKED IT UP! *Squee* I love Rocketto-Dan, they're the only reason to watch the show. n.n

Hey, remember me? I was the whiny kid in the Suu costume :D

SuperKawaiiNeko

Asking how people saw Pocket Monsters subbed is like asking how people saw Sailor Moon subbed. The reason you cant find it fansubbed is BECAUSE ITS BEEN PICKED UP! Anime companies allow fansubs of NONLICENCED anime for various reasons (which we wont get into here) in spite if its illegalness, but fansubbing licenced anime is frowned upon even by the fansub community itself, to say nothing of the anime companies who make their business on the stuff. If you know someone whos subbing Pocket Monsters, I strongly urge you to advise them against it.

Mmm...Meli-skitty...
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Tuplica

Quote from: "Hououji Fuu"...speaking of fansubs, a fansub group FINALLY PICKED IT UP! *Squee* I love Rocketto-Dan, they're the only reason to watch the show. n.n

WHERE WHO WHEN and how can I get it? PM me if you like.... :D
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

swordofthebezerk

What is with the anime that i see nowadays when it comes to kids shows they have to be really ridiculous and have the craziest armor and costumes imaginable. I mean i was watching tv the other day and i saw a commercial for digimon on some channel and i saw the kids changing into the freaking digimon...what the heck, i mean i remember when they just had there ultimate forms and then they went to super saiyin and then super great kamikaze form number 3.
Anyways enough of that rant lets go to yu-gi-oh, I got addicted to that card game pretty quickly and then the gameboy advanced versions came out and i had no need to buy the cards ever. Too much money for things like that. I mean I don't deny that it is fun but the anime kind of makes me mad because they completely bypass the origins of Yugi and his friends and enemies. Well at least i have the manga...it's about the only thing that I think is good about yu-gi-oh, that and the games... well i will probably get back to this topic later with some more thoughts about these types of anime.

Updated Version

Tama

Ah the Jaded Youth of the World! *Ponders in silence*  

We must keep up ratings and if it means killing a Japanese show to make it approproate for American kids who don't know that *shuuuuu* things DIE! Then who are we to stop them?  *shrugs* Something about sensors probably.  And the dubbd TV shows do complete the purpose of luring in new people who eventually realize the GOOD stuff isn't available on TV yet.
FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS  :oops:  :
  I first discovered anime when they piloted the SailorMoon series on TV with the first episode of R.  I thought How cool! What is it? There must be more!  It took me forever to find it, about 2 months. It took me only a short time to discover that it was part of this "anime" genre.  I found  different animes to watch let see... (Nuku nuku and Ushio and Tora I believe)  Ushio and Tora was only available in Sub so I got used to Japanese voices and began to prefer them.  When they stopped showing Sailormoon mid SEASON!!! I discovered Fan Subbers and then learned how horribly WRONG the Dubbed voices were.
:::

And now no matter where it comes from the original voices are BEST!  For example Powerpuff girls in Japanese-Can Bubbles' voice go any higher?  Anyway We don't hate Pokemon or TV versions it's just we are beyond that phase. Right?
*cough* sorry I didn't mean to give the story of my life. :oops:
taaaa DAAAAA! I LIVE!!!!

Nephilim

i think there is a general feeling of distaste towards some anime including Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Yu-gi-oh, Sailor Moon, and others. mostly i think, because its directed towards other people besides us (in some cases, little kids) and because it usually doesn't have much of a plot (oh say...Beyblade).

imagine you're trying to convince someone to start watching anime. lets say that while you go to your room to look for the Vampire Hunter D dvd, they pop in and watch the Live Action Sailor Moon TV series. if they didn't take anime seriously at first, after watching that they just won't have the choice. and umm... i forgot where i was going with that. o.o;

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

swordofthebezerk

Oh my god i forgot about that  bayblade anime, what a waste of freakin time. I mean you can watch yu-gi-oh and get the same stupid message...friends are good or whatever they try to get at with these kids anime nowadays.

Updated Version

CloudStrife546

Quote from: "swordofthebezerk"same stupid message...friends are good or whatever they try to get at with these kids anime nowadays.

Is that a bad message?

swordofthebezerk

Of course not but it gives some kids a false sense of security in the fact that their friends will always be there for them... and that is not always the case now is it? Saavy?

Updated Version

RyuHayabusa

Hey, I watch the Live Action Sailor Moon! and it kicks ass btw lol XD
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC