JUMPERS!!!

Started by iTSUMOxAi, January 28, 2008, 08:13:13 PM

iTSUMOxAi

=D so i was searching the web and i saw these.

THERE SHOULD BE ONE AT FANIME! Think of all the fun we'll have! :D
Admission would be, maybe $5
you take off your shoes(of course!)

SO WHATCHA' THINK! Y/N?  ;D

Tur713

I was always fond of the inflatable obstacle race courses. It would be cool, but where would we put it?
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

Kandybar

Yeah, not sure you could put one inside, but if we could, it would be AWESOME.  Is there room in the Gaming room?

Jun-Watarase

I LOVE THOSE THINGS. D:

But I think Fanime has way too many people, and staff would have an extremely difficult time maintaining/monitoring it. Not only that, but it doesn't... really have anything to do with anime.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

iNSOMNiAC

I agree with Jun; that would probably be the case... Which is unfortunate, because those things look WAY better than any bounce-house I've ever been in! That second one looks suspiciously like Kon... x3

Its actually pretty funny to imagine people at Fanime playing in one, considering most of the con-goers are in their teens and above, right? xD

Nina Star 9

I also agree with Jun. I can envision so many problems with this that I won't even bother to list them all.

Liability seems to be the main one that pops to mind.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on January 29, 2008, 02:56:17 PM
Its actually pretty funny to imagine people at Fanime playing in one, considering most of the con-goers are in their teens and above, right? xD

ABOVE is right. Most are adults from 18 to 30. That's even more awkward... but not unimaginable. ;;

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

heeroyuy135

What's up with everyone requesting Jumpers all of the sudden?

LadyKaren

Every party I have been to with one of these involved has ended in injury or damaging the castle.

Ah, I remember those days.

Eurobeat King

I closed a similar thread that was made on cosplay.com a few nights ago because the creator of the thread couldn't take a little criticism.   :P  (Probably the same person made this one too.)  But since I'm not a mod here, I can't close this one. haha

But yeah, these jungle-gym things aren't for the right age-group for Fanime, and most importantly, there's no ROOM at Fanime to have even one of them.  You can't obviously put one inside the convention center, and the Fountains-area in front doesn't have enough space.  The open-areas would be used for cosplay-gatherings and for attendees to hang out at, so we would need that space.

LadyKaren: ouch.. i know what you mean.  That's like, looking at a pit full of those colorful balls at chuck e' cheese.  You want to dive into them, but when you do, you find out they're made of PLASTIC, and those frickin' hurt..
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

iTSUMOxAi

Quote from: Eurobeat King on January 30, 2008, 12:46:44 PM
I closed a similar thread that was made on cosplay.com a few nights ago because the creator of the thread couldn't take a little criticism.   :P  (Probably the same person made this one too.)  But since I'm not a mod here, I can't close this one. haha

But yeah, these jungle-gym things aren't for the right age-group for Fanime, and most importantly, there's no ROOM at Fanime to have even one of them.  You can't obviously put one inside the convention center, and the Fountains-area in front doesn't have enough space.  The open-areas would be used for cosplay-gatherings and for attendees to hang out at, so we would need that space.

LadyKaren: ouch.. i know what you mean.  That's like, looking at a pit full of those colorful balls at chuck e' cheese.  You want to dive into them, but when you do, you find out they're made of PLASTIC, and those frickin' hurt..
yep same person D:
i wanna say sorry, didnt mean to sound like how i said it.

Glitch

This would so much fun to play a shooting game with nerf guns in the jumper. But of course as already posted, there's an infinite list of things that can go wrong. The problems with glompers is bad enough.

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: Kandybar on January 29, 2008, 09:41:10 AM
Yeah, not sure you could put one inside, but if we could, it would be AWESOME.  Is there room in the Gaming room?

No, because the gamming room is going to have a swap meet. The swap meet's Area is surrounding the corners, and parts of the middle. so IT DOES takes alot of space......mostly like 50% is swap meet, while 30% for arcades 10% for Special gaming (pika-ball), and 10% for the Console gamming....

Ska_Kitti

There is not room in the gaming room, as sunrise states. Where am I going to put it, in the middle of the room with people poking out of every corner? This is a definite no on my part. I would not allow this in my area. I can just see the same problems with people and a giant trampoline: bounce in, bounce in, bounce out, crack. That isn't fun at all for medics to clean someone's mess (whatever that could be) off the convention floor. Not this year, not next year, and not the years ahead of them. This is more of a risk than a playground.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay