Table Top, as in RPG

Started by Moondancer, January 30, 2008, 10:52:20 AM

neko ewen

I'd be up for this. I'm not really all that up on D&D (I played 3e a decent amount when it first came out, but haven't touched 3.5), but still, sounds like fun. Pretty much any time that doesn't conflict with the masquerade and such would be fine.

Also, I'm kind of working on translating what will be the first ever Japanese TRPG put out in English, Maid RPG. It's not going to be totally ready until GenCon, but I already have enough done that I could bring a printout of the rules and run a session or two at Fanime if enough people are interested. It's a lot of fun, and not quite like anything you've ever seen.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: neko ewen on April 29, 2008, 09:24:43 AM
I'd be up for this. I'm not really all that up on D&D (I played 3e a decent amount when it first came out, but haven't touched 3.5), but still, sounds like fun. Pretty much any time that doesn't conflict with the masquerade and such would be fine.

Also, I'm kind of working on translating what will be the first ever Japanese TRPG put out in English, Maid RPG. It's not going to be totally ready until GenCon, but I already have enough done that I could bring a printout of the rules and run a session or two at Fanime if enough people are interested. It's a lot of fun, and not quite like anything you've ever seen.

Hold on I'm reading the description...

My God...

I F34R Japanese TTRPGs now and forevermore...

JK, It looks fun in, at sounds really, REALLY crazy.
I'll play, If it doesn't conflict with my schedule =3

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

neko ewen

Maid RPG is weird in Japan too. (Japanese RPGs tend more towards anime/manga action awesomeness). But it's also a blast to play. :3

ManWithDoor

Dang-o, that does look rather crazy!  Well, RPGs are often about pushing the envelope.  Good luck.

If you're looking for some good D&D 3.5 ed help, you can go to www.dndonlinegames.com.  They're both a play-by-post site, yet they also have the SRDs for the core races and classes, plus some of the supplements.  If you have trouble navigating the site, I'm ManWithDoor both there and here.  Yeah, I know, same nickname, but I earned mine swordfighting in real life.  Was wielding a sword and a shield at a Renaissance Faire, was kicking butt in the tourney actually, and someone in the crowd starting chanting, "Man With Door!  Man With Door!"  And it sorta stuck.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: ManWithDoor on April 29, 2008, 11:37:41 AM
Dang-o, that does look rather crazy!  Well, RPGs are often about pushing the envelope.  Good luck.

If you're looking for some good D&D 3.5 ed help, you can go to www.dndonlinegames.com.  They're both a play-by-post site, yet they also have the SRDs for the core races and classes, plus some of the supplements.  If you have trouble navigating the site, I'm ManWithDoor both there and here.  Yeah, I know, same nickname, but I earned mine swordfighting in real life.  Was wielding a sword and a shield at a Renaissance Faire, was kicking butt in the tourney actually, and someone in the crowd starting chanting, "Man With Door!  Man With Door!"  And it sorta stuck.

I might actually check out that site

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 29, 2008, 11:49:24 AM

I might actually check out that site

I made account.

I happy long time.

BTW, why is it they don't like L33T over there?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I'm ManWithDoor both there and here.  Yeah, I know, same nickname, but I earned mine swordfighting in real life.  Was wielding a sword and a shield at a Renaissance Faire, was kicking butt in the tourney actually, and someone in the crowd starting chanting, "Man With Door!  Man With Door!"  And it sorta stuck.

Was it the Northern California Renaissance Faire?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ManWithDoor

*laugh*  I don't know why they don't like L33T there.  Perhaps they enjoy proper grammar and spelling?  Hmmm?

As for which Faire it was, I'm not sure.  I've fought in the tourneys at North Faire for the past 3 years, but I think it was a Faire up near Sacramento.  Perhaps Redding or Folsome.  I take it you go to the Renaissance Faires?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: ManWithDoor on April 30, 2008, 11:35:42 AM
*laugh*  I don't know why they don't like L33T there.  Perhaps they enjoy proper grammar and spelling?  Hmmm?

As for which Faire it was, I'm not sure.  I've fought in the tourneys at North Faire for the past 3 years, but I think it was a Faire up near Sacramento.  Perhaps Redding or Folsome.  I take it you go to the Renaissance Faires?

Well I worked out at the Northern California Renaissance Faire out in Casa de Fruita, Near Hollister, CA.

I worked at the "Good Shepherd's Games".

Good times =3

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ManWithDoor

Way cool.  What sort of games did you do?  I was with the "Twilight Knights Renaissance Guild".  Usually on the Sundays, occasionally Saturdays, we run a swordfighting tournament in the Food Court area.  Quite a lot of fun, especially since the Faire gives out actual cash prizes for the 1st-3rd place winners.  I think I got 100 bucks my first year when I placed 2nd.  I was so proud.  The guy was way over six feet tall, outweighed me by a hundred pounds, and used two swords, the dual-wielding ... evil word person him.  *grin*

Actually the guy I lost to is a great guy.  He was an old student of my swordfighting instructor.  Both of us were really out of practice (he got married and moved away, I was on a Mormon mission for 2 years), but we both whooped the competition.  Speaks well of my director, I suppose.  I'm really looking forward to the workshops we'll be teaching at Fanime this year.

Anyways, that's way more information than needed to be said.  Wasn't this supposed to be a RPG get-together forum?

TC X0 Lt 0X

I was mainly the runner (aka, waterboy), but I did get some time in the turtle races and the walk of life.

LOL, but yeah, we should get back on topic =3

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

BDILN

I would be interested in some Shadowrun if anyone could start it up, or maybe some D&D. I haven't played in about 3 years so I just need to know what's going to be going down so I can run some refresher games before the con.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I has an Idea!!!

Why don't we all sign up for dndonlinegames.com, and start the Fanime game there!

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ManWithDoor

Sounds like a great idea to me.  If nothing else, we would have the characters and backstories done by the time the Con rolls around, which would save us a lot of setup time.  Most of my spur of the moment RPG sessions with friends had half the play time taken up by creating our characters, and I'm sure none of us want that.  I have workshops to teach and panels to talk at (not to mention the ones I actually want to attend that others are putting on), so I at least don't have time to spend all day creating a character and never getting around to playing.  Let's get it on!

So, who's DM-ing this adventure?  Would everyone else like to set up dndonlinegames accounts also?  They've got character sheet generators that I've found quite useful.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I believe Talu-Chan said she DM.

But she hasn't been active in the last week.

Should we send out PM to all the people who want to play?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

We got 2 weeks left.

I'm going to send out a PM to all who said they want to be in the game so that we can get everything in order.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

OK, I sent out the PMs.

Some of them may say 12 weeks, but that is an error.

According to past posts, we've decided to use D&D3.5, and the starting level will be 7-9.

Does anyone else want to add there imput?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

the_Pink_Panther24

Yeah that bracket's reasonable, and I would reccomend starting gold be around 19k - 36K.
I'm Dming a game that night, ao i'd prefer to be a player in this one.

neko ewen

Sounds good to me. I can borrow a friends' 3.5 books long enough to make a character at least. I'd prefer to play something simple (i.e., without much in the way of spells).

Saturday isn't that great for me since I really want to attend the premiere of Studio Sokodei's new movie (which I helped with!) and the masquerade (whenever that is...).

Also, would anyone be up for giving Maid RPG a try?

ManWithDoor

While the Maid RPG would be fun, finding time would be ... interesting.  As long as it's in the later part of the evenings, I'm free.  The only other events beyond my workshops would be the Black & White Ball.  Any idea when that actually is?

OK, I vote for keeping this a simple one-night adventure, Level 8, and no races stranger than +1 level adjustment.  Some nice and straight-forward mission.