Table Top, as in RPG

Started by Moondancer, January 30, 2008, 10:52:20 AM

Moondancer

I was looking through the first 3 or so pages of the various threads in this section, and I was shocked to find out no one was talking about running/playing a good old fashion Pen and Paper RPG. Even LARP wouldn't be to bad. Last year some of the roomies I was with tried, but seeing as we had to make characters before playing...It just didn't pan out.

So yeah, anyone interested?
Maybe get characters done up and submitted before hand?

I know I'd be most interested in nearly any of the World of Darkness games (New or Old) and Scion.

Just a thought.

Ta,

~Juls

talu-chan

LARP or even tabletop would be fun. I haven't gotten to do anything since October.

At one of the con that I help run in Oklahoma. I am the story teller for vampire LARP. We go WoD old school.
These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Nanashi

I'd be down for table-top, so long as the system is good. As for LARP, I only do Amtgard.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Moondancer

And Amtgard isn't larp really, though it's fun in its own rights.

I'll have to see what my roomies think. Might be able to get a game going. Just not sure which would be best right now. Like I said I'm partial to OWoD, Scion and could do NWoD if need be. D&D might be okay.

Who wants to ST? *Snickers*

ManWithDoor

I've never been the ST for a large game before, so I bow out of that one.  On the other hand, I am an experienced gamer (D&D, Shadowrun, SLA Industries, all the White Wolf systems, Serenity, GURPS), and would be happy to join a campaign.  If you're looking for something with just battle (i.e. Amtgard), the Twilight Knights Renaissance Guild is currently negotiating to hold all-night battles from midnight-6 am every night, with boffers.  Makes the insurance people less twitchy than other weapons.  We'll also be holding katana and knife-fighting workshops.  Anyways, I'd love to be in a RP campaign.

talu-chan

I have been running a few games here for my friends.. I guess, if need be, I might be able to put something together. It would be OWoD. Though, if someone else would volunteer it would be better because I kinda want to not have to run anything for once when I go to a con.
These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Nanashi

Quote from: Moondancer on February 05, 2008, 07:24:11 PM
And Amtgard isn't larp really, though it's fun in its own rights.

In theory it's a LARP, although you'll get made fun of for doing it by other Amtgarders.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Moondancer

*chuckles*I've always heard Amtgard was much like our local game, where you basically just battle it out with padded weapons to either a last man standing, to CtF style stuff. Then again I heard it's like D&D, but you don't really talk much in D&D. Just "Loot, wench, and arrrrgh!" Well Talu-chan, I love OWoD personally. Let me talk to my roomies (Cause their bums and been to busy to talk to me online) and maybe we can see if anyone else wants to run something, or if people don't mind someone who's rusty, I could try to run something OWoD. Though you go ahead and feel free to start thinking something up *ChuckleS* Just in case. So lets get a show of hands who's still interested, and is OWoD good for everyone? If we get enough, maybe we can get co-ST's going. 

Kandybar

I might be up for a game, depending on when you guys did it. :)  I've never done table-top before but I do have some Amtgard and online RP experience.

the_Pink_Panther24

Actually, im a pretty good DM so if nobody wants to, i could run one?

I would probabaly run a DnD 3.5 setting and run "expedition to Ravenloft" (undead, fuck yeah) or something.

Or w/e, im very down to get my rp on at fanime.

the_Pink_Panther24

Quote from: ManWithDoor on February 06, 2008, 06:40:58 PM
I've never been the ST for a large game before, so I bow out of that one.  On the other hand, I am an experienced gamer (D&D, Shadowrun, SLA Industries, all the White Wolf systems, Serenity, GURPS), and would be happy to join a campaign.  If you're looking for something with just battle (i.e. Amtgard), the Twilight Knights Renaissance Guild is currently negotiating to hold all-night battles from midnight-6 am every night, with boffers.  Makes the insurance people less twitchy than other weapons.  We'll also be holding katana and knife-fighting workshops.  Anyways, I'd love to be in a RP campaign.

1 more thing, haha.

if we decide on some games (because lets face it, theres not going to be a lot of gamers) I SUPER support rifts or gurps.
Only systems with rules on how to mount a Machine-Gun to a flying Carpet.

YEAH

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: the_Pink_Panther24 on March 04, 2008, 01:58:45 PM
Actually, im a pretty good DM so if nobody wants to, i could run one?

I would probabaly run a DnD 3.5 setting and run "expedition to Ravenloft" (undead, fuck yeah) or something.

Or w/e, im very down to get my rp on at fanime.

"expedition to Castle Ravenloft" is so evil.
Im currently playing it, and well, people died

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

talu-chan

well, I could go for some DnD or OWoD.. I can get something together.. I guess we will figure it out sooner to the con though

TC X0 Lt 0X

You know Ive never played in Eberon (DnD) before...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Moondancer

So we have a few people interested in running stuff, so....I figure either the folks interested in running things can explain a little abit about the setting and a hint of the story line they'd run, and we can all vote, or figure out some other official way to see who shall Run things, and who shall play. Also what night would be best for folks?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Moondancer on March 06, 2008, 06:57:38 PM
So we have a few people interested in running stuff, so....I figure either the folks interested in running things can explain a little abit about the setting and a hint of the story line they'd run, and we can all vote, or figure out some other official way to see who shall Run things, and who shall play. Also what night would be best for folks?
Well I cant go to hentai night LOL because Im underage.
I plan to go to the Rave, though I dont know the times of any events
But besides that, Im up for any night

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

the_Pink_Panther24

the Campaign setting i was going to run (Expedition to Castle Ravenloft) Its a story more or less tied into Bram Stoker's "Dracula" (in terms of setting, but not plot).

The party of heroes enters Barovia, a Land choked with the essence of undeath and fear. The vast forests that wall the country are veiled by a foul mist, and whispers and laughing can are heard form the fog on a regular basis. Upon investigating this land, the heroes discover a foul plot to murder all of Barovia's citizens and unleash them as an undead horde.
Barovia's castle Ravenloft has been empty for years, for the count of this house died many moons ago.
But a light has recently been seen in the tallest of the castle's tower, and a chilled wind blows from the cliffs and crags from which the looming citadel sits. There, Count Von Strahd awaits.

I'd probably run a QUICK 1-time session, start you all at level 10 and then skip all the sections about exploring the country, forests, ruins, churches, graveyards, crypts, dungeons, catacombs, bandit camps, ghoul raiding bases, or survival-horror like encounters with a villages overrun with zombies (though this  is hilariously fun, imo) Players would start at the drawbridge of the castle, and we'd pretty much "Castlevania" it up until you get to the boss, haha.

like a WoW instance or something.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: the_Pink_Panther24 on March 07, 2008, 10:20:01 AM
the Campaign setting i was going to run (Expedition to Castle Ravenloft) Its a story more or less tied into Bram Stoker's "Dracula" (in terms of setting, but not plot).

The party of heroes enters Barovia, a Land choked with the essence of undeath and fear. The vast forests that wall the country are veiled by a foul mist, and whispers and laughing can are heard form the fog on a regular basis. Upon investigating this land, the heroes discover a foul plot to murder all of Barovia's citizens and unleash them as an undead horde.
Barovia's castle Ravenloft has been empty for years, for the count of this house died many moons ago.
But a light has recently been seen in the tallest of the castle's tower, and a chilled wind blows from the cliffs and crags from which the looming citadel sits. There, Count Von Strahd awaits.

I'd probably run a QUICK 1-time session, start you all at level 10 and then skip all the sections about exploring the country, forests, ruins, churches, graveyards, crypts, dungeons, catacombs, bandit camps, ghoul raiding bases, or survival-horror like encounters with a villages overrun with zombies (though this  is hilariously fun, imo) Players would start at the drawbridge of the castle, and we'd pretty much "Castlevania" it up until you get to the boss, haha.

like a WoW instance or something.
I call the Mountain Thane!!!

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Does anyone want to try the Bleach D20 System made by draxredd on the WotC Forums HERE ?
Of course Im NOT going to be DM. But if anyone wants to run it, as it does fit well with Fanime, then that would be cool.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

the_Pink_Panther24

If we wanted to run anime themed games, thats possible too with BESM! (which stands for Big eyes, small mouth)
here's it's wiki entry:

"Big Eyes, Small Mouth is a roleplaying game that was designed to simulate the action of anime and manga. It is frequently referred to by the acronym BESM. The title alludes to the common anime drawing style of characters with huge, expressive eyes.
BESM uses a point-based character creation system. Characters are evaluated based on three "Stats", against which all action checks are made. These are supplemented by Attributes, which give the characters unique abilities."

When we played, I was a bishounen military operative who owned and operated a mobile suit and attended a private high school to which a plot to secretly one by one snatch each student and replace them with clones was unfolding.  needless to say, various anime-inspired themes are written into the game XD

classes include like: Mecha pilot, magical girl, poke'mon trainer (really), horrific daemon (my personal favorite) and MANY more.

Essentially, You pick more of a genre rather than a class, and genres include: Cyberpunk, cars and guns, Martial arts, Medieval fantasy, modern military, occult horror, space opera, or teenage romance. from here, You can emulate any type of occupation for your character you want.

tis pretty cool.