Table Top, as in RPG

Started by Moondancer, January 30, 2008, 10:52:20 AM

TC X0 Lt 0X

Works for me.

While we did have someone who said they wanted to DM, she hasnt been on for a month or so.

We need a volunteer DM if we don't here from her.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

MikoChika

I'm totally interested in getting in on this. As long as you guys don't mind having someone new to the DnD system ,taging along. ^^;;
Please, don't feed the moogle.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Im all for it.

When I think about it, maybe we can have a D&D Team Deathmatch.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Nanashi

Although i'd rather be a player, I'd be up for being DM if no one else is. I DM for a group on fridays, so I get quite a bit of practice. Just let me know what you guys want, and i'll cook something up.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

talu-chan

Hihi, sorry I haven't been on for a while. I have been going crazy working on my own conventions here in Oklahoma (I am on a concom for both a sci-fi con and an anime con). I have also been working.

I could still most likely run something but it looks like my flight will not be getting there until sometime on Friday and then I leave Monday. I know that I am going to the black and white ball and the bleach gathering and the gaia gathering. So it looks like Sunday night would be the best for me.
These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Cool, Talu-chans back!

Yes, yes we need DM.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Ayanami Rei First Child

So what games exactly are people going to run? If it's Serenity/FireFly, BESM, or Bleach D20 I'd be down with that. I'd also be cool with Shadowrun.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on May 12, 2008, 08:26:57 PM
So what games exactly are people going to run? If it's Serenity/FireFly, BESM, or Bleach D20 I'd be down with that. I'd also be cool with Shadowrun.

I wonder, do you speak of Draxredd's Bleach D20 system?

Anyways so far I believe were running a D&D3.5 Campaign,which were discussing here.

I know that there is a Shadowrun and Maid RPG are being ran by some people (though they haven't really said much).

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

talu-chan

We are doing 3.5.. I don't have the books for that.. I'll see what I can do.

If I am going to be able to do this it is going to have to be on Sunday, because I know I am going to be pulled to so many different places because I haven't ever been to California. And y'all have to promise me that you will not make fun of the way I talk.
These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: talu-chan on May 12, 2008, 10:36:47 PM
We are doing 3.5.. I don't have the books for that.. I'll see what I can do.

If I am going to be able to do this it is going to have to be on Sunday, because I know I am going to be pulled to so many different places because I haven't ever been to California. And y'all have to promise me that you will not make fun of the way I talk.

Before I make the promise, what kind of accent do you have?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Moondancer

*Yaaaaaaawns* Hmm? DnD 3.5? *Eyes the ton of White Wolf RP books* I know I have 3.0 Players Handbook for DnD...somewhere. No worries, out here in cali we hear it all. ^^ I'm amused when I talk to folks in the south who say I have 'one of d'em strange californ'ian accent things.' which far as I can tell, is a lack of an accent. Right then, what night are we thinking about for this then? We should start working on characters if the DM would be so kind as to give us how many levels we have to play around with and the like. Also we should get a updated head count of how many folks we'll be having. Oh and MikoChika, new commers to RP is always a good thing. ^^ 

havok rt

Alright so it looks to be late night likely Sunday, (post B&W at earliest) 7th/8th level game with +1 racial level adjustment max.  Talu-chan will probably be DMing, though it wouldn't hurt to have a backup.(I can throw a game together last minute if needs be.) Okay anything else?

btw if anybody needs some DnD 3.5 books PM/e-mail me and I'll hook ya up. ;) (Also I'll have them at the con for sharing)
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

the_Pink_Panther24

Quote from: havok rt on May 13, 2008, 05:08:17 AM
Alright so it looks to be late night likely Sunday, (post B&W at earliest) 7th/8th level game with +1 racial level adjustment max.  Talu-chan will probably be DMing, though it wouldn't hurt to have a backup.(I can throw a game together last minute if needs be.) Okay anything else?

btw if anybody needs some DnD 3.5 books PM/e-mail me and I'll hook ya up. ;) (Also I'll have them at the con for sharing)

I'm makin' a rogue. i say level 8. nice even level.

heh-heh >:D

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: the_Pink_Panther24 on May 13, 2008, 04:40:08 PM
Quote from: havok rt on May 13, 2008, 05:08:17 AM

I'm makin' a rogue. i say level 8. nice even level.

heh-heh >:D

Lt will make a Swordsage with unarmed variant. Lt says level 9. Great odd level.

LOLZ  :'(

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Moondancer

'd like to hear from the DM type person on what level for sure, and starting gold and all that nifty stuff. Think I might make a psion, I liked them the one time I played one. Though I do like Druids for some reason. *Snickers* Meh Psion would be more interesting to me i think. 

TC X0 Lt 0X

Also, we should have 32-point-buy for Ability Scores.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Moondancer

As I recall, that means you start with the usual 10 in everything, and take the 32 points to divide into the abilities as you like, right? It's been a LONG time since I played any D20 style games. If so, then I agree. Rolling out is risky, and unless the DM is there watching, the temptation could be to much to not tack on a few points. *Chuckles* Cause, hey we all like to have interesting characters I'm sure.

ManWithDoor

Close, but not quite.  The point buy system starts every attribute at 8 pts.
Up to 14 points, every increase of 1 costs 1 point.
15 and 16 each cost 2 points.
17 and 18 each cost 3 points.

So to increase from 8 to 14 costs 6 points.
8 to 16 costs 10 points.
8 to 18 costs 16 points.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Are we really going to have do a Backstory?

For a one-time game, it seems kinda silly.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Moondancer

Quote from: ManWithDoor on May 14, 2008, 10:17:06 AM
Close, but not quite.  The point buy system starts every attribute at 8 pts.
Up to 14 points, every increase of 1 costs 1 point.
15 and 16 each cost 2 points.
17 and 18 each cost 3 points.

So to increase from 8 to 14 costs 6 points.
8 to 16 costs 10 points.
8 to 18 costs 16 points.

Ahh okay dokey, thanks.