First Timer

Started by talu-chan, February 02, 2008, 12:18:28 AM

talu-chan

Are there any rules for cosplay that a first timer should be educated on?
These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Yukari Kaiba

well its a family friendly con, so cosplay that is more on the skimpy or really revealing side i'd stay away from. i'd also advise taking a look at the props & weapons policy to get an idea of whats ok to bring as a prop and what isn't.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

dibbly

have a good time with what you're doing :)
all of the rules are posted on the site, but it's really just common sence (but read theweapons and prop rules just like he said ^^^ cause that can be sticky)

but the unspoken rule is: have fun!
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

talu-chan

I have helped run cons for a long time.. here in the OK I am know as "Conbaby extraordinaire." So I do see a lot of simuilarities in the policies for weapons. So, I think i am good on that fornt.

Thank you both.
These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

luckyends

im going to make a sugestion and you dont have to fallow it but please try and stick to anime or video games when cosplaying
iv seen pirates, jack skelingtons, jedi, and trekies and its just kinda anoying when they come to an anime con and dress in something that isnt even japanese i know its kinda biest and i should be more excepting but it kinda burns me when i see an american cartoon win an anime costume contest
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

DarkFaeChilde

Don't do a female version of a male character that does not have a female version.  Don't have long blond hair, when you're cosplaying a character with short black hair, or anything along those lines.

Those are really my only pet peeves.  Mostly, just make sure you have lots of fun.  Be a character you like, and enjoy being.