Cherry Blossom Festival Anime Costume Parade 2008

Started by BunofGovt, February 02, 2008, 12:47:04 PM

AnimeEmperor

I thought i'd miss it but I might actually be at the festival on Saturday.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: YoureMyHiro on April 16, 2008, 12:59:37 PM
Quote from: OniCourseMusha on April 06, 2008, 01:52:30 PM
Quote from: Black Kawaii Kitty on April 06, 2008, 02:03:52 AM
Quote from: Shinsengumi on April 05, 2008, 12:38:55 PM
I might bring my Shinsengumi outfit since I've never wore it the Cherry Blossom but I'm not sure yet.

yay so you're going for sure now? Haven't seen you guys in ages DX
I'll be wearing Yuya's white/pink girly dress(it's sounds so wrong to my brain lol) that I've been slacking on from Samurai Deeper Kyo XD and a couple of friends of mine will be there as DMC4 Dante and Princess Serenity, but I keep forgetting what Lisu is going as lol oh and Vasher will hopefully be stopping by before the parade starts =3 ah so nice to meet up with everyone, good times ^.^ <3
U were pretty occupied during wondercon but thats must be worth it!  I guess this might be the best time we all get together perhaps?
Craig, are you going to be there Saturday? Its Joe's Bday and were probably going to be there both days but Saturday for sure.

O snaps.  Almost the same birthday as mine (mine is today)!!

But yeah, we should party hard (given that we finish the cosplays on time for Sunday).  XD
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on April 16, 2008, 09:36:33 PM
I might bring my Shinsengumi outfit since I've never wore it the Cherry Blossom but I'm not sure yet.

I'll be wearing Yuya's white/pink girly dress(it's sounds so wrong to my brain lol) that I've been slacking on from Samurai Deeper Kyo XD and a couple of friends of mine will be there as DMC4 Dante and Princess Serenity, but I keep forgetting what Lisu is going as lol oh and Vasher will hopefully be stopping by before the parade starts =3 ah so nice to meet up with everyone, good times ^.^ <3
U were pretty occupied during wondercon but thats must be worth it!  I guess this might be the best time we all get together perhaps?
Craig, are you going to be there Saturday? Its Joe's Bday and were probably going to be there both days but Saturday for sure.

O snaps.  Almost the same birthday as mine (mine is today)!!

But yeah, we should party hard (given that we finish the cosplays on time for Sunday).  XD

if you guys do anything for Jyung, I'll be there. Hiro, send me a pm with your plans for saturday?

so, you guys getting ready? it;s only 4 more days, 3 if any of you are going saturday lol ;p
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Eurobeat King

I fixed up my costume but am feeling under the weather the last couple of days..  :P  If I don't feel better by Sunday morning, I'll still go and take pictures of everyone.  :)  But I would like to cosplay alongside those are cosplaying AND take pictures.  darn this cold..  :-\

See you all in 4 days!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

rubymoonIII

hey hayatao wanted me to tell you he is showing up and i quaote "Yeah I'll be there!  Just call me up when u guys arrive!" < thats what hayato said he cant tell u himself since he got himself banned fromt he fanime forums somehow
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

BunofGovt

figured I'd better post in this thread since I started it, I'm not gonna make it to the parade after all, sorry, everybodies!  My doctor has prescribed antibiotics for me and I'm not supposed to be out in the sun for long periods of time for awhile.  Hope you all have a great time and hope to see you all at the next gathering or at Fanime!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Magical Senpai

I'll show up of course, but I'll be bailing around 3:45.

Also, bundle up, I hear it's gonna be cold.

otakuapprentice

i'll be at J-town sometime around noon-ish, or before the parade starts.

if you know me, just look for the jacket...you'll know what i mean.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

*rei*

It's going to be my first time at the Cherry Blossom festival. I've missed it the past few years. I always find out about it after it happens  :-\ I dont know about the parade but i'll definetly be there to enjoy the festival and see everybody!
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

AnimeEmperor

I was there for a long time today, and I might actually go back tomorrow.

rude32

I might be going tomorrow, but I won't get to J-town until about 1-130
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

SOawesomeness

D'OH! I can't go, I have church. D:
But someone take pictures and show everyone else! :0!
Lots and lots of pictures!!!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

edendreams

I have church too but i'm heading over right afterwards I'll try to catch bart over there. so i'll probably get there about 1:30ish
I spent all day making a Chinese dress hehe I wanted to do something for the event. But i really hope it's not going to be too cold just in case i will have my favorite brown jacket ^-^

anyway i'll see you guys tomorrow XD

a little art by me ^-^

RyuHayabusa

I was there yesterday and man, it was fun, despite being windy. I bought some stuff at Kino and had lunch at Osakaya. Later on, me, Bart and the salinas crew along with Jeff(ultramangaia), we went to go see The Forbidden Kingdom. Pretty awesome movie imo. Then I came home.

I'll be there later on today for some more cherry blossom goodness.

@Edendreams: Nice. I hope to see you there. Call me or Lok when you get into town :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Makou

It's been a very hard week for me. I was planning to go, but with my cold and homework, I don't think it's going to happen.

Kita sama

i was there today but i didn't see a lot of things, my father's car have had some problem and we couldn't find a parking! :-[ but i saw the cosplayers during the parade!! it was awsome! >///< (i saw Totoro! >w<). it was a shame that we used to came back at home very quickly becouse of this stupid car! :'(

Eurobeat King

Back from a tiring & busy day at CBFP, and I've begun posting a lot of pics from today:

Eurobeat King : Cherry Blossom Festival Parade 2008

I should have all of my pics posted by tonight.  Please enjoy them!  :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

quantbits

Finally got my pictures up as well. Enjoy guys =)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/winterwish/sets/72157604647607444/

email me at winterwish.photo@gmail.com if you want links or the low-res pics.

BunofGovt

Ah, all those pics are awesome!  Thanks for posting, I missed today.  Looks like everyone had fun, and the cosplays were amazing!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Getting accidentally spiked with a prop's tip directly on the side of my head almost put me out of action for the duration of the festival.  At least it wasn't intentional and were cool afterwards.  XD

Nonetheless, the CBF was very fun.  I had an awesome time walking the parade fir the first time.  What a nice way to burn out some calories.

Now, to actually sign up for the costume contest next time...  :P
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite