Cherry Blossom Festival Anime Costume Parade 2008

Started by BunofGovt, February 02, 2008, 12:47:04 PM

BunofGovt

By the way, sign-up for the Anime Costume Parade is open.  You can sign up for either the Costume Contest & Parade, or just for the Parade.

Sign up at Japan Video in Japantown, San Francisco.  I think the deadline to sign up is April 12th but weren't they allowing people to sign-up (at least for the contest) on the day of the parade also?

The parade will be on Sunday, April 20, 2008 at 1:00pm but the contest takes place earlier, around 10:30 am.  Check in by 10:00am.

Of course, the Cherry Blossom Festival begins the week before.

Hope to see you there!   :D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

RyuHayabusa

I won't participate in the parade, but I'll be there for the festivities. :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Shinsengumi

I'm going to try to participate in the parade, I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'll be at the festival.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Magical Senpai

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on February 02, 2008, 01:08:15 PM
I won't participate in the parade, but I'll be there for the festivities. :3

Same here.

Chloe

I'll be there with Ohsu.  I'll be in cosplay and participating in the parade, yays!  I'm excited this year. :3
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

OniCourseMusha

I am planning on participating in the parade.  Looking forward to this event and we can gather up some people to hang out.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Mizuki

I'll try and make it this time! I've missed out 3 years in a row due to bad events leading up to the event.

edendreams

hmm sounds interesting I'll look into it. I've always wanted to do something about cherry blossoms ^-^ heehee would be a great excuse to dress up

a little art by me ^-^

Gatsby

Omg! This is what I planned to do for my B-day since my b-day is on 4/20! Hehe... glad you posted this.

Chloe

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on February 07, 2008, 01:52:07 PM
Omg! This is what I planned to do for my B-day since my b-day is on 4/20! Hehe... glad you posted this.

I suppose as the date comes closer, we can plan out something better...

Like, 10:00 AM on Sun.  Cosplayers in the contest meet in front of City Hall for the contest.  Then the cosplayers for the parade meet in front of city hall at 12:00...

After the parade, restaurants in J-Town get soooo packed, it's hard to eat somewhere.  I'm sure we can try to make things work out.

Gatsby

Hehe I was just saying that I was going to be there for my b-day I never thought of making it a real get together. :P That would be so much fun. Once I can make some more solid plans I'll make a topic in the get together forum.

~~Loktera~~

Hopefully my Rock Howard coat arrives in time (after numerous delays thanks to materials).
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Chloe

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on February 10, 2008, 09:51:28 AM
Hopefully my Rock Howard coat arrives in time (after numerous delays thanks to materials).

Ah, I'm going to be Kula...  How do we end up doing cosplays form the same series? lol.

Maybe I'll see you there with Ohsu.

Mr. Wendell

I missed the first contest in 1999, and haven't missed it since.

I'll be there emceeing it, as well as helping out the judges, as usual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

ININ

I'm participating in the parade.  If timing is good, we can eat dinner at my cousin's Japanese restaurant in Pinole.  It's Happy Sashimi at 2718 Pinole Valley Road just off I-80.  Website is http://www.eathappysashimi.com/

Kandybar

Not sure about the parade yet, but will be around in general.  :)

Mordyan

Cool this is the day after the play I am directing and doing tech on closes. So I can actually make it this year.

No cosplay though... I haven't come up with anything yet for Fanime. So I doubt I'll have one by then.

fanime_lo-ve

I was thinking about going. I haven't been to the Bay Area in a long time. At least this will also give me a chance to see my Dad again too. ^-^
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

Chloe

Quote from: Mordyan on February 21, 2008, 11:49:55 PM
Cool this is the day after the play I am directing and doing tech on closes. So I can actually make it this year.

No cosplay though... I haven't come up with anything yet for Fanime. So I doubt I'll have one by then.

You'd best come, cosplay or not. D: