Cherry Blossom Festival Anime Costume Parade 2008

Started by BunofGovt, February 02, 2008, 12:47:04 PM

gmontem

Quote from: ININ on February 19, 2008, 03:46:46 PM
I'm participating in the parade.  If timing is good, we can eat dinner at my cousin's Japanese restaurant in Pinole.  It's Happy Sashimi at 2718 Pinole Valley Road just off I-80.  Website is http://www.eathappysashimi.com/

Ah, a better choice than Miyako SF. ;)
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: gmontem on February 28, 2008, 11:26:44 AM
Quote from: ININ on February 19, 2008, 03:46:46 PM
I'm participating in the parade.  If timing is good, we can eat dinner at my cousin's Japanese restaurant in Pinole.  It's Happy Sashimi at 2718 Pinole Valley Road just off I-80.  Website is http://www.eathappysashimi.com/

Ah, a better choice than Miyako SF. ;)

Yeah I have to agree as well. I haven't been there in ages lol.

Thank George for cropping your sig.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

punk_parfait

Hmm... I'm not much for the marching around thing but I will be there sampling food, I'm sure.  :-X

Mizuki

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on February 10, 2008, 09:51:28 AM
Hopefully my Rock Howard coat arrives in time (after numerous delays thanks to materials).

Hey, I'm cosplaying as your adoptive daddy, no homo.

JME2

Ah, I don't know if I'd be able to make it up, but if I did, it would be as Kisuke Urahara.

_Rena_

ahm. I'm not sure if i'll participate in the Parade but you can't miss me I'll be very pink. xDD

yeah cosplaying in my Sakura Shinguji to fit the theme. :3

Yukari Kaiba

ill be there participating in the contest and in the parade as BANKAI!Renji Abarai :D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Chloe

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on April 03, 2008, 12:00:06 PM
ill be there participating in the contest and in the parade as BANKAI!Renji Abarai :D

Imma see you there! D:

We should battle, lol.
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

ININ

I signed myself up for the parade.  I'm cosplaying as Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicles.  Two years ago, the sword shop was selling swords on sale.  Need a sword for Syaoran for Fanime ^^

Eurobeat King

I'm going to bring my FC3S costume and have fun "drifting" in the streets of San Francisco for this year's parade.  8)  Hopefully the weather will be good else I'll just be there and take pictures.

Since I can't bring my car to Fanime (no room due to all the swap meet stuff i'm selling) this will the only time this year i'll have it at a cosplay-event until my new FC is made. 

See you all in 2 weeks!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Shinsengumi

I might bring my Shinsengumi outfit since I've never wore it the Cherry Blossom but I'm not sure yet.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: Shinsengumi on April 05, 2008, 12:38:55 PM
I might bring my Shinsengumi outfit since I've never wore it the Cherry Blossom but I'm not sure yet.

yay so you're going for sure now? Haven't seen you guys in ages DX
I'll be wearing Yuya's white/pink girly dress(it's sounds so wrong to my brain lol) that I've been slacking on from Samurai Deeper Kyo XD and a couple of friends of mine will be there as DMC4 Dante and Princess Serenity, but I keep forgetting what Lisu is going as lol oh and Vasher will hopefully be stopping by before the parade starts =3 ah so nice to meet up with everyone, good times ^.^ <3

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: Black Kawaii Kitty on April 06, 2008, 02:03:52 AM

I'll be wearing Yuya's white/pink girly dress(it's sounds so wrong to my brain lol) that I've been slacking on from Samurai Deeper Kyo XD and a couple of friends of mine will be there as DMC4 Dante and Princess Serenity, but I keep forgetting what Lisu is going as lol oh and Vasher will hopefully be stopping by before the parade starts =3 ah so nice to meet up with everyone, good times ^.^ <3
U were pretty occupied during wondercon but thats must be worth it!  I guess this might be the best time we all get together perhaps?
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on April 06, 2008, 01:52:30 PM

U were pretty occupied during wondercon but thats must be worth it!  I guess this might be the best time we all get together perhaps?
Yeah Wondercon I was preoccupied with the masquerade and trying to navigate through all the other people to get to panels and the dealer's room, so the parade will be a nice time to kick back and hang out lol XD

RyuHayabusa

As for the weekend of the 20th, I've looked at the schedule on the SCBF's website and it looks like the costume contest happens on saturday afternoon on the 19th. Edit: OK, THIS IS THE FASHION SHOW, NOT THE COSTUME CONTEST.The schedule is misprinted with the wrong event. Bart has told me about this because he got a reply from the coordinator of the cosplay contest. Disregard that, please.
The costume contest will happen on sunday morning as scheduled.

if you want to download both parts to the schedule of the SFBCF, here are the links:

Schedule of Events-SFCBF Part 1
Schedule of Events-SFCBF Part 2

It looks like they changed it around this year and i'm glad they did. :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

pandabooti

Spoiler costume for Contest: Sasori from Naruto.

It's gonna be a special version though. I also think lulz will be had with my cosplay. ^_^
My butt sez HI!!!

BunofGovt

Crikey, I'm in Dallas this week for a training class and trying desperately to finish my outfit in my hotel room (meh meh).  This weekend will be crunchtime fersure.  If I can't get these arm band things done, or my belt or my wig or my jacket done, dunno what my cosplay will be  :o

See y'all there...
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

quantbits

I'll be there to document the whole thing with my camera from start to finish - maybe I'll join in the parade next year =).

By "camera", I mean a really big camera with a really long lens.  8)

Shinsengumi

Of Course I'm showing up lol, I'll be seeing there.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on April 06, 2008, 01:52:30 PM

Craig, are you going to be there Saturday? Its Joe's Bday and were probably going to be there both days but Saturday for sure.