Main Menu

ID Card.

Started by ShikiIchijo, February 03, 2008, 10:36:45 PM

ShikiIchijo

Sorry if this is been talked about and if so can you point me in the direction of the thread?

I'm only going to fanime for one day so I am just going to buy my ticket there. Will I need my ID card to buy the ticket? if so would I be able to use my driving permit. and if I end up pre-reg. would I be able to use my permit in place of an ID?

Thank You!
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

gynophobia

You don't need an ID to buy a pass at the desk. ID's are only for pre-reg.

ShikiIchijo

Quote from: gynophobia on February 04, 2008, 12:53:30 AM
You don't need an ID to buy a pass at the desk. ID's are only for pre-reg.
Thank You!
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

redroses3164

In 2006 (the first time I went to Fanime =D), they asked for ID to confirm you filled out the card correctly. I didn't bring mine but my friend did so they let me go anyway.

That year was when I bought a day pass. So, no pre-reg.

ae86co

Things are changing this year due to safety and security concerns we have for our members.  We have to ask for a valid government ID for all members that will register for FanimeCon 2008 to show that the member registering gives us all valid information.  I thank you in advance for your understanding.
Antonio E.
FanimeCon 2003-2005 Registration Staff
FanimeCon 2006 Registration Second
FanimeCon 2007-2008 Registration Head
FanimeCon 2009 Finance Head

TrinSF

Hi! I've posted elsewhere about how we're having to cancel out because my daughter can't get a state ID in time for this event. (It'll be one more sad consequence of the custody change a while back.) It appears to me there are two options:

1. She must have a state issued ID, and only a state issued ID to pre or early register for Fanime. If she does not have a state ID, she cannot be pre-registered or early registered. (And her friends who are pre-registered won't be allowed to attend either, evidently.)

2. If she does not have a state ID, she can purchase a membership at the door.

Here's my question: does Fanime have a registration cap? Is there some reason why she would not be able to register at the door? It appears that basically if we're willing to pay the premium to register at the door (and I have no idea how much that will be), that she would be able to attend, but I don't want to to assume that, have her arrive, and be told, "Sorry, we are at capacity, no more door registration."

Shi_Musouka

I don't believe that Fanime has ever had a capacity limit on at-the-door registrations, but I assume that as long as you register within the times that the on-site registration booths are open(reg staff will probably have the hours up soon), she should be able to get in. I've registered on site for Fanime when I was 15-16 and I haven't been asked for ID either time, however I'm not sure if they're changing that for 2008 or if it will be the same.

My answer to the registration cap is no, and I seriously doubt we will have a cap for a while.

But I'm not on registration staff so this might not be wholly correct.

SOawesomeness

I seriously doubt even reaching limits... I mean, if we get enough people, we might have caps on like, dealers room or the minor concert rooms, but reaching a registration-at-the-door caps... I'd be so surprised if that ever happened. Even this year, we're expecting a lot of people, but I doubt we'd have a limit at the doors. :0
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

FanFicGuru

Quote from: TrinSF on April 07, 2008, 07:20:59 PM
Hi! I've posted elsewhere about how we're having to cancel out because my daughter can't get a state ID in time for this event. (It'll be one more sad consequence of the custody change a while back.) It appears to me there are two options:

1. She must have a state issued ID, and only a state issued ID to pre or early register for Fanime. If she does not have a state ID, she cannot be pre-registered or early registered. (And her friends who are pre-registered won't be allowed to attend either, evidently.)

2. If she does not have a state ID, she can purchase a membership at the door.

Here's my question: does Fanime have a registration cap? Is there some reason why she would not be able to register at the door? It appears that basically if we're willing to pay the premium to register at the door (and I have no idea how much that will be), that she would be able to attend, but I don't want to to assume that, have her arrive, and be told, "Sorry, we are at capacity, no more door registration."

Fanime has never hit a capacity limit before, and unless there was some pressing evidence to the contrary, it's unlikely that they will this year. Other larger conventions, such as Comic Con, have flat out told attendees that if they don't pre-register, they won't get in, since they hit their limit of 100,000 attendees (!!!) last year.

That being said, fanime doesn't have this problem. Roughly 10-12,000 attendees and the SJCC could hold upwards of 20-25K I'm pretty sure.

No worries. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Sen

Redundant thread, locking.  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

On showing ID for on-site registrations: If you are NOT paying with cash you will be asked to show a valid government issued photo ID.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07