Super Bowl XLII

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), February 04, 2008, 12:13:33 AM

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Now that the Super Bowl is over.

Personally, I think this is one of the most Epic Super Bowls ever.  Too close of a game between the Pats and the Giants.

What do you guys think?
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Shinsengumi

It was gettng good on the 4th quarter, I was going for the Pats too but it was great time.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Regardless of who won the game, both teams played a helluva good game.

I didn't really care who won.  As long as it was a Super Bowl to remember.  And that wish was granted.

Emerge

that Pats coach was not happy. he stormed the field after that conversion didn't go his way. then he left. talk about passion.

Eurobeat King

For once, the SuperBowl itself was more exciting than watching it for the Commercials, which weren't too great this year..  :P 

I worked until 5:30 and got home during the 3rd quarter, when it was 7-3 NE.  What a great finish and I'm glad the NY Giants won, to keep the Patriots' record at "18 and DOH!"   ;D   Still, they were the AFC Champions and that's still an accomplishment.

Of course, winning the SuperBowl and getting that ring is even better.  ;)

"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Spalding

It is bast SuperBowl i ever see before.
Is all about anime and fanime.

pSyChOgArDeN

I was at my
boyfriend's
father's house
who hosted a
huge SuperBowl
party [which 30ish
people came]
But I actually
watched the SB
which is funny
cause I never
sat through the
entire game before
prior to yesterday.
lol.

Fanime '11 Cosplays:
Ramona Flowers -Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe
Sakura -Cardcaptor Sakura

<33         

ultramangaia

Went my uncles annual SB party.I didn`t really care who won at first but by 4th qt. I was rooting for the Gaints.The Gaints had a great pass rush and that great over the head pass catch the that Giants reciever was great.Didn`t win any money with the football squares game again.Oh well.

OniCourseMusha

Man too bad I didn't get invited or heard any super bowl party.  But it was cool watching though.  I was going for Pats since I remember them winning previous ones lately and it was pretty surprising that Giants manage to go through on the 4th quarter.  Good game!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Kazuko

I was at my boyfriends also for the SB dealie, they are big packers fans but they rooted for the patriots im guessing

I dont know we just played poker, had a small drinking contest (i got second plaaaace)

the commercials were kind of weak

Runewitt

i didnt watch a wholelot of it because i was re-modeling the bathroom. wish i'd seen all of it though.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Eurobeat King

Yesh, the commercials weren't really that funny, and this one was stupid and pretty offensive:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dsk3fZc2J_I

i wouldn't be surprised if they banned this commercial like they do for numerous Bud Light commercials.   ;D
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Yeah.  The majority of commercials were terrible.  The halftime show was a joke.  Don't we all miss the good stuff in the past?

But with a game this good, the Halftime show and commercials can easily be ignored.  heh.

Barnes

I watched the last two minutes of it at home. I wish I made a bet on the Giants. I would have won a buck or two. :P
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

G.I.R

Quote from: Eurobeat King on February 05, 2008, 12:02:26 AM
Yesh, the commercials weren't really that funny, and this one was stupid and pretty offensive:

Oh... my... God...  How did that ever get on the air (let alone made?).  Shame on you Sales Genie.

mDuo13

Quote from: G.I.R on February 05, 2008, 01:12:03 PM

Oh... my... God...  How did that ever get on the air (let alone made?).  Shame on you Sales Genie.
SalesGenie's other one was a parade of Indian stereotypes, too. I have to think it was intentional.

I watched the whole game, with a bunch of other people at my school - it was really good, the whole time, and the audience was seriously into it. Both teams played really hard, and it was always on the edge of breaking open. I think the Giants really deserved the win, though, after how hard they tried for it. God, this play was the stuff of legends.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: mDuo13 on February 05, 2008, 03:30:33 PM
Quote from: G.I.R on February 05, 2008, 01:12:03 PM

SalesGenie's other one was a parade of Indian stereotypes, too. I have to think it was intentional.

I watched the whole game, with a bunch of other people at my school - it was really good, the whole time, and the audience was seriously into it. Both teams played really hard, and it was always on the edge of breaking open. I think the Giants really deserved the win, though, after how hard they tried for it. God, this play was the stuff of legends.

Agreed.  The "Get-off-me and Helmet Catch" is far too epic to even top.   :o

otakuya

That catch may be up there with THE Catch
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tunyz0WWLSI
Montana to Clark baby!

OniCourseMusha

Yeah the commercial this year and half time show disappointing.  I enjoyed the commercials couple years back during when Raiders made it to super bowl.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand