Fanime Valentine Day Gathering Saturday February 16

Started by ININ, February 04, 2008, 03:46:01 PM

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

ultramangaia

I stopped by the Japanese restaurant today to provide you guys the name and address.I noticed that the place dosen`t open until 5pm so we`ll have to make some changes to the plans.The resturant is west off Auto mall pkwy then make a left on Boscell st.There`s alot of businesses along this street.Go down about 2 blocks from Auto mall.The restaurant is on your right.The name and address is:

Kaenyama
    43785 Boscell st
    Fremont

zoupzuop2

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on February 14, 2008, 01:03:37 PM
I'm afraid I must honorably back out from this one. Given a new and frightfully large workload from school (my first physics class with MATH, particularly the one I JUST barely passed recently with a low C) and a prior obligation on the Monday to follow, it'd just be plain unwise to spend Saturday as such.

I wish I could, sorry folks.  :'( I'm a sad panda man.
Actually, I may be able to attend after all. Depends on how much homework I jam into Friday. I'll let you guys know if I can make it (or I'll at least try).
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Jerry

Jer Bear is a no go.

I have to defend the honour of my Circus.  :P

Have a good valentines day my friends.

*Jumps* ->   ???
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ININ

shortpachoo, thanks for posting the times.  ultramangaia, thanks for posting the Japanese restaurant.  First post updated.

Let's keep the 1pm meeting time and watch the 1:35pm showing.  I know if I move the meeting time to 12pm, then some of us arrive late for the 12:50pm showing.

VictimX

I will be unable to make it out to this event... I have been sick since weds and not much better today so not looking much better tommorrow... I'm going to be staying home and getting some rest but I'm going to miss out on this.  :(

otakuapprentice

count me out for this: no one could take my shift for tomorrow, so i have to work. damnit.

hav funz.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Chihiro

I'm willing to join.. I was going to go to Borders today (Technically, since it's 12:51 AM) but yeah.. But I might look weird (A lot younger then the rest of you.) and I don't think I'll watch Jumper. Dx
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: sakuranoyuki on February 16, 2008, 12:58:51 AM
I'm willing to join.. I was going to go to Borders today (Technically, since it's 12:51 AM) but yeah.. But I might look weird (A lot younger then the rest of you.) and I don't think I'll watch Jumper. Dx

It's cool if you want to join us. we'll be going to Border's after the movie, so just look for us. If you want to know how we look like, check the member's pic thread in the things in the universe forum. Look for me wearing a red Chobits Travelling Bag :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Moogleborg

Sorry guys, i'm gonna have to withdrawl. My friend/roomate called me just as I was about to leave the apartment. His soon to be ex is bringing his kids home since she can't handle them. Looks like i'll have to babysit for a while today.....oh well..
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

Chihiro

My friend was sick, so I didn't go T-T Sorry guys. D:
I'm still going to Borders, so if you guys somehow are in this topic, when will you be there? :3
(Borders by Walmart)

I slept while you guys watched the movie.. ._. Gomen >:
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

Barnes

Shoutouts:

ININ, Zoupuop2, and Ultranmangaia: Thanks for the rides. I'll write some I.O.U.s for gas money.
Jumper movie: So-so. Samuel L. Jackson steals the show once again. :D
Place we ate dinner at: Don't order from the American menu there.  >:(
Ryu: Thanks for hosting.
All else: Nice to see you guys.
My Brawl money: I gotta $20 back soon.   :D
Yay, Haruko.

shortpachoo

The movie was alright and worth it.  Dinner was alright as well except for Barnes meal taking forever.

Ryu - thanks again for the ride, and letting us hang out at your place
Inin - thanks for bring that movie to watch at Ryu, great movie.
gmontem - I beat you again, even though you had less ice cream to eat, but was it really a race?  ;D
Everyone else - nice meeting/seeing you even though I was quiet again, but thats how I am, too shy

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

zoupzuop2

Fun evening, must say.

ININ, thank you IMMENSELY for the lift to my car. You've saved my butt every time, man. Every time.
Barnes, good to see you again. Part of me is sad that the burger didn't arrive on time, but... part of me expected that from a Japanese restaraunt...
ShortPachoo, UltramanGaia, well met. :3
GMontem, those pictures are long due up... WE MUST HAVE THA PICADATURES! Just messin'. T'was good to have you around.
To all else I failed to be specific to, good to see you. I know names, just... not at this hour. Need. Sleep.

Samuel L. Jackson: "I AM TIRED OF THESE MUTHAF***IN JUMPERS IN MAH MUTHAF***IN PLANET!!!"
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

ININ

Thanks everyone for coming to the gathering.  It was fun ^__^  Here's are the highlights in blog format XD

1:00pm Jump To The Theatre If Your Late

zoupzuop2, ultramangaia, Amelia Seyruun, Barnes, and I arrived at the food court.  zoupzuop2 purchased a Subway lunch.  All of us purchased our tickets and entered the theatre at 1:30pm.  RyuHayabasa and shortpachoo arrived after the previews ended.  We sat at the top row.  We exited the theatre after the movie and our opinions were mixed.  No Samuel L. Jackson's mother fu--- quote.

3:45pm  In-And-Out At The Border

Kaenyama opened at 5pm.  We choose to go to In-And-Out at the McCarthy Ranch.  Some of us ordered shakes, coffee, and a grilled cheese sandwich.  Then we walked to Borders.  A few of us purchased manga thanks to shortpachoo's employee discount.  At 4:40pm, I drove to the Fremont BART station to pick up Amol and we met everyone at Kaenyama.  Ultramangaia's Japanese restaurant suggestion was a high class and high price restaurant.  We choose to eat somewhere else.  Gmontem contacted Amol saying he joins us for dinner.

6:15pm Burgers At A Japanese Restaurant???

We choose to go to Japan Grill in Hayward, a first for most of us.  Prices were reasonable.  Gmontem arrived at the restaurant a few minutes later after everyone ordered.  Most of the conversations were movies with sequels.  We also talked about cartoon series, Rock Band, and laptops.  We are geeks, LOL.  Our dinners arrived.  Amol's dinner arrived a few minutes late.  Unfortunately, Barnes' order arrived really late.  Perhaps, the cook was pissed you ordered American.

After dinner, we walked to Cold Stone and Jamba Juice.  Amelia Seyruun ordered a smoothie.  Amol, gmontem, shortpachoo, and zoupzuop2 ordered ice cream.  RyuHayabasa, ultramangaia, and I talked about taxes.

At 8:30pm, we walked back to our cars.  Amol, Gmontem, ultramangaia, and zoupzuop2 went home.  The rest of us went to Ryu's house and we watched Dog Day Afternoon starring Al Pachino.  Barnes was the only person who saw the movie.  The two hour movie was great.  Amelia and Ryu noticed the actor who played Bishop in Aliens was one of the FBI agents.  At 11pm, everyone went home.

Pictures are uploaded.  http://photogatherings.innovateinfinitely.com/2008vday.html

Shoutouts:

Amelia Seyruun  Live hard and die hard.
Amol  One day, we earn six digit incomes even after taxes
Barnes  Kick back, right shoulder, arms.
gmontem  I paid full price and I bought it at Barnes and Noble.
RyuHayabasa Thank you for allowing us to stay at your place after dinner.
shortpachoo  My apologies for the garbage reference.  I wonder if your family used metal cans ~~
ultramangaia  No dress shoes, no dress shirt, no service.
zoupzuop2 Persuade your Physics teacher open book and open note.  More A's and he gets tenure.

Barnes

Japan Grill: First off, I say the costumer is always right. I was tempted to NOT leave a tip after waiting THAT LONG for a simple to cook food. The burger wasn't that great anyway. I ordered it PLAIN and it still came with veggies that I don't like on it (I took them off anyway). If you (the restuarant) are gonna be that slow with bringing a burger to a costumer who ordered it, THEN DON'T ****ING SELL BURGERS ON YOUR ****ING MENU! That place better have a GOOD reason for making me wait that long for my food. If not, I give them my finger (the not so nice one).
That is all.

Thanks for the pics ININ, but I had to copy and paste the link to get it to work.
Yay, Haruko.

shortpachoo

Quote from: ININ on February 19, 2008, 03:15:46 PM
Shoutouts:
shortpachoo  My apologies for the garbage reference.  I wonder if your family used metal cans ~~

I don't remember this, must of been late

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

ININ

gmontem

Thx for the pix, Raymond. Damn I'm craving for Cold Stone again hehe. :)
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!