Fanime Valentine Day Gathering Saturday February 16

Started by ININ, February 04, 2008, 03:46:01 PM

gmontem

This gathering definitely needs some of that 99% cocoa that Appu made me eat... and spit out.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

mDuo13

Quote from: gmontem on February 05, 2008, 03:16:48 PM
This gathering definitely needs some of that 99% cocoa that Appu made me eat... and spit out.
What? You couldn't handle it?

I still think it was a very interesting flavor.

AnimeEmperor

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on February 05, 2008, 11:11:46 AM
Quote from: AnimeEmperor on February 05, 2008, 01:34:42 AM
-obligatory single person post-

BOO! I hate valentines day! No one should ever meet, and the holiday should be burned if at all possible!
I'm single.

I also lub Valentine's Day. Why?

Candy. Lots of Candy. Choh-koh-LAH-tay. ;3
You only get candy if you're loved! T.T

gmontem

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on February 05, 2008, 04:06:14 PMYou only get candy if you're loved! T.T
Then unless you don't love yourself, buy yourself some candy hehe.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

zoupzuop2

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on February 05, 2008, 04:06:14 PM
Quote from: zoupzuop2 on February 05, 2008, 11:11:46 AM

BOO! I hate valentines day! No one should ever meet, and the holiday should be burned if at all possible!
I'm single.

I also lub Valentine's Day. Why?

Candy. Lots of Candy. Choh-koh-LAH-tay. ;3
You only get candy if you're loved! T.T
No. You get candy if it's on DISCOUNT. Yum.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

OniCourseMusha

Need ride if its outside of SF.  If you guys do plan somewhere inside SF I can meet you guys easily.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Kegan_Flame

I'm a maybe depending on times and work schedule..

DemonLordZabuza

Ah, the time of love and unity.  Valentines :P.  I myself don't hate it, it being that I'm usually doing something for someone...one of the most money spending holiday out there >.<.  As of right now I'm keeping it open to whatever life brings into my life.  So maybe for me.

Thoughts:
-the only candy I've ever bought on Valentines is chocolate.  Those chalk like hearts are fun to throw at people from tall buildings :D
-99% chocolate taste like dirt.  Once I took a bite and spat it out, I washed the taste out with chocolate syrup
-Being single doesn't mean you can't celebrate Vday.  In truth it is easier to get a "date" on that day.  Having both guys and girls wanting to have someone to share it with, well makes it easy to hook up...I've seen it happen.
-jumpers seems like a kew movie.  Kinda reminds me of the Covinent.  Good looking guys in an action movie...how the hell do they stay so good looking.  Another movie I myself am interested is defenetly maybe...but thats me :P

Thats all I got for now :P

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

mDuo13

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on February 06, 2008, 12:33:23 PM-99% chocolate taste like dirt.  Once I took a bite and spat it out, I washed the taste out with chocolate syrup
looked more like you were attempting to drown yourself in chocolate syrup

ININ

There is a great chance I can't attend because my family is celebrating Chinese New Year on Sat Feb 16.  I continue to organize the gathering.  I apologize.  I thought my family celebrate on Saturday February 9.  Unfortunately, family plans changed.

ultramangaia and RyuHayabusa's suggestion of Jumper movie and the Japanese restaurant in Fremont is a good one and a start.  I updated the first page with a list of those definite and the suggested location.  If you're coming and are not on the list, please correct me.

VictimX

I'd like to make it out to this but I wont know if I can make it out til Friday either way it soulds like it should be fun.

shortpachoo

Quote from: ININ on February 06, 2008, 06:38:18 PM
There is a great chance I can't attend because my family is celebrating Chinese New Year on Sat Feb 16.  I continue to organize the gathering.  I apologize.  I thought my family celebrate on Saturday February 9.  Unfortunately, family plans changed.

ultramangaia and RyuHayabusa's suggestion of Jumper movie and the Japanese restaurant in Fremont is a good one and a start.  I updated the first page with a list of those definite and the suggested location.  If you're coming and are not on the list, please correct me.

That sucks.  My family usually waits to go out for dinner later a little bit after Chinese New Years so it easier and they don't rush you out.

Another place to maybe go to as well like that Golfland place I hear about on here or somewhere like that before dinner/movie.

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Sunara Ishi

Unfortunately, this is the 2nd time this is planned on the same day as my friend's b-day party. -.-;
Too bad I can't attend both. T.T

Past v-days were so much fun... ~sob~
Maybe we can have an impromptu v-day related friday gathering? O.o? We could all find someplace to buy truffles or something... Or borrow Lisu's kitchen to cook yummy deserts. /gg

Heck, we need a gathering to cook yummy deserts.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

LadyKaren

-obligatory taken person post-

I still hate valentines day. I mean, if you do actually love someone, then shouldn't you show them love every day instead of just one?

Damn Hallmark day.

Quote from: VictimX on February 06, 2008, 06:59:06 PM
I'd like to make it out to this but I wont know if I can make it out til Friday either way it soulds like it should be fun.

I read that as "I'd like to make out."

otakuapprentice

Quote from: LadyKaren on February 07, 2008, 05:46:02 PM

I still hate valentines day. I mean, if you do actually love someone, then shouldn't you show them love every day instead of just one?

Damn Hallmark day.

LOL.

my schedule has me working that day(...(%$%$@%^$#...), but i'm gonna try to get get my shift covered so i can make it to this.

bah, another v-day single...
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

DemonLordZabuza

Damn Hallmark day.

In defense of guys who do something for the ladies on Vday.  Yes you are right you should love your significant other everyday.  But on Valentines we have to exaggerate :P.

And I read that the same way.

Now gathering wise, I really have no idea what Im doing that day now.  I have club meeting in the morning till I or we get bored I guess.  Hmmm

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Lisu

stop the train-
GUYS....DOING....VALENTINES DAY, B.S.!    A guy shouldn't do squat.
My goal, a satisfying Black Day (since it was ever so wrongfully taken from me last year)

In all seriousness, I have a lot of work to do for v-day, why am I wasting time here?

oh, and gathering? maybe interested, will decide when more info is posted.

zoupzuop2

Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

zoupzuop2

Happy to oblige. :3

So it seems decided: We all go out to dinner and a movie?

...if you'll pardon the irony. :P

VictimX

Well looks like I can make this thing...

Quote from: LadyKaren on February 07, 2008, 05:46:02 PM.

... hmmmmm ;) LoL... this is a great group.