Initial D 4 Plzkthx.

Started by zoupzuop2, February 05, 2008, 12:02:35 PM

JTchinoy

so... when are we gonna get you that sexy 10 second REAL car ari?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

short_storiesgl

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 06, 2008, 10:04:52 PM
when my grandma dies =]
Dance Staff Second

abcbadcat

I really can't stress this enough

WMMT3 > IDV3 > Mario Kart > IDV4

Back in high school I used to be an Initial D fanboy...

also, yes I have played each of these games to know what is what...

820hp FC on WMMT3
2 FTed FCs on IDV3
Beat a few levels on IDV4

IDV4 is garbage... I'd much MUCH rather have four linked WMMT3 machines

JTchinoy

Quote from: short_storiesgl on April 06, 2008, 10:24:57 PM
when my grandma dies =]
You'll be getting 10k when that happens? O_O

If so... here you go:

And wow... the excitement of unrealistic understeer in a relatively straight line.  WMMT sounds so fun. >_>

A stock car has more control than those modded cars at those speeds. *being honest*

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

short_storiesgl

Quote from: abcbadcat on April 07, 2008, 01:40:56 AM
I really can't stress this enough

WMMT3 > IDV3 > Mario Kart > IDV4

Back in high school I used to be an Initial D fanboy...

also, yes I have played each of these games to know what is what...

820hp FC on WMMT3
2 FTed FCs on IDV3
Beat a few levels on IDV4

IDV4 is garbage... I'd much MUCH rather have four linked WMMT3 machines

YOU HO DONT HATE id4 is awesome D:<

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 07, 2008, 01:46:02 AM
Quote from: short_storiesgl on April 06, 2008, 10:24:57 PM
when my grandma dies =]
You'll be getting 10k when that happens? O_O

If so... here you go:

And wow... the excitement of unrealistic understeer in a relatively straight line.  WMMT sounds so fun. >_>

A stock car has more control than those modded cars at those speeds. *being honest*
yes im a getting a 10 second car when she dies =] (thats mean to say D:)
Dance Staff Second

JTchinoy

yes i know it's wrong but.... *points at posted car image*
*drools*

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

JTchinoy: My mom had a Z before I was born, same blue but with a different front end.

Shorty: Have you played WMMT3 or IDV3?

JTchinoy

Quote from: abcbadcat on April 07, 2008, 01:54:30 AM
JTchinoy: My mom had a Z before I was born, same blue but with a different front end.

GIVE!!! I want a transplant body for a RB26. *drools*

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 07, 2008, 01:56:14 AM

GIVE!!! I want a transplant body for a RB26. *drools*

She sold it years ago.

I guess someone has been watching too much Tokyo Drift lately.

I dunno if I should LS1 my FC...

JTchinoy

I think you think I know nothing of what I'm talking about.

That was supposedly an RB26 in a mustang fastback.  In reality it was a bunch of Mustang fastbacks with SR20DET's I believe.  Since the RB26 is a drag engine when not in a AWD form, it obviously wasn't going to work well for actually drifting in Tokyo Drift. :)

Stock RB26 in a 1972-1974 Datsun 240z = a mid 11 second car on the 1/4 mile.  it can do 10's easy with tuning.

LS6 in your FC now? since the new LS engines are out.  Any swap I dream of is legal. :) The work it takes to do a legal LSx swap into a RX7 is not realistic to me for the next 10 years of my life XP

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 07, 2008, 02:02:39 AM
I think you think I know nothing of what I'm talking about.

That was supposedly an RB26 in a mustang fastback.  In reality it was a bunch of Mustang fastbacks with SR20DET's I believe.  Since the RB26 is a drag engine when not in a AWD form, it obviously wasn't going to work well for actually drifting in Tokyo Drift. :)

Stock RB26 in a 1972-1974 Datsun 240z = a mid 11 second car on the 1/4 mile.  it can do 10's easy with tuning.

LS6 in your FC now? since the new LS engines are out.  Any swap I dream of is legal. :) The work it takes to do a legal LSx swap into a RX7 is not realistic to me for the next 10 years of my life XP

Well my dad is a mechanic and knows lots of Mazda people in the bay area.

I'll just keep it rotary and learn to take care of that... The FC isn't up and on the road... yet.

JTchinoy

Well your mazda will be more corvette/ camaro than mazda after you do a legal swap. :)

DUDE!! have him do the swap for you!!! XD save hella on labor. o.o remember to do it with him (naturally) so you can fix it if it breaks. :)

I actually used to want to do a V8 mazda when I was still working.  But a skyline powered datsun seems more cheaper in the overall. A 1974 porsche 914 with a STi swap is sexy too. <3

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JTchinoy

ok gonna sleep.

farewell present to the initial D lovers:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jigavL3Uhs4

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

short_storiesgl

Shorty: Have you played WMMT3 or IDV3?
YEE i have and is hella of alot different from ID4 will say that much =x
Dance Staff Second

zemric

im gonna get a 240sx and drop in a rb26. = +10,000$ and or i can get one with a rb25det for 8,700$ still think im gonna do the 26 cause its faster and yes im gonna make it awd some how.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

otakuya

ID4 is different than the previous 3 ID games. Not saying better or worse, but different. I like all of them, ID and WMMT.
ID3 FT cars: EG6, 86T, Evo VII, S2000
ID4 FT cars: EG6, 86T, WRX (Buntamobile)
MT3 820/DG: Z33, Corolla
I'm not a record-holder or anything cuz I usually play with AT (!).

zoupzuop2

I VASTLY prefer how ID4 handles compared to ID3.

Me an' my Nissan Skyline are workin' our way up~ <3
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

JTchinoy

Quote from: zemric on April 11, 2008, 09:05:51 PM
im gonna get a 240sx and drop in a rb26. = +10,000$ and or i can get one with a rb25det for 8,700$ still think im gonna do the 26 cause its faster and yes im gonna make it awd some how.
illegal. :(
240z with the same swap is legal. :)
think about it. ;)
cheaper insurance as well since it's a 34 year old car.

good luck with all wheel drive, I looked up the information on how to do it in a 240z... total waste of time.  as for a 240sx, i heard it's easier but it'll probably cost you more than your engine swap to do it.  I don't know how it'll sit in a 240sx but the engine location in a 240z throws all of the weight in the front so you have terrible handling if you AWD it.  I'd assume a similar problem will come up with a 240sx.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

zemric

nope not illegal if you know how to reclassify a car as a custom build car then you have to do a couple things with the cat.

no not a 240z a 240sx and it doesnt throw all the weight up front cause the sr20det that the Japaneses model runs is really heavy but the rb26det is quiet light for a I6. and the all wheel drive does not screw with the handling it really does increase . the swap im talking about is one of the most famous and hardest to do in engine swaps (for jdm)
ive seen one swap put out nearly 1.2k RWHP i cant remember the torque but it was also insane.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

JTchinoy

taken from dmv website:

A smog check certificate completed by a Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) Referee Station. Since custom-built cars do not have a year-of-origin designated by a manufacturer, they must be inspected by a BAR Referee Station instead of a regular smog check facility (call (800) 622-7733 for an appointment).

I hope RB26's can smog.  ???  Last I checked they have 0 cats, so you'll need to install like 2-3 to make this thing pass... IIRC.

Why would you want 1.2k whp? I only think of building cars that are DD'able, I hate dyno queens.  I hope you're making a car with no more than 500hp~ if you're hoping to drive/ drift it.  Even that's excessive but we're talking a 6cylinder, not a I4 where 500 is in the max limit range.  I don't want any more than 500 if I make a rb26 240z.

pictures of why 240z > 240sx ;)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X