My Birthday Cherry Blossom Festival Gathering!

Started by Gatsby, February 10, 2008, 10:50:17 AM

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

kimu

yeah!
That will make it more fun, to travel with fellow cosplayers.
And aid each other if anyone needs help with costumes.

RyuHayabusa

@Kimu:I'll be taking BART as well to go there. Me and short_stories will be coming from Hayward/Castro Valley. Where are you coming from?
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

kimu

I'll be driving in from Monterey.
So I'll park at the Japantown garage, and go from there following the very helpful suggestions I've read here and on the cosplay forum.
:)

KawaiiAngel

ooO, I would like to attend =]!!
The festival sounds awesome, and being with awesome people would make it...MOAR AWESOME
plus, birthdays are always an excuse to make fatty baked goods (muahahahaha...my eeeevil plan to fill everyone with fatty goodness...*_*)

so yes! i would like to say i'm probably attending (only because, well, life happens.)

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

BunofGovt

I'll probably catch up to some of you at City Hall or Jtown.  I usually park at Jtown and walk over to City Hall early Sunday morning.  I didn't realize the Farmer's market is on Sundays in the plaza, I might see if I can grab a snack there before the parade.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

VictimX

Whats the earlest people will be heading down cause last time I went the parking as bad and the wait to park down by j-town was too long, I'm thinking about going down and getting breakfast early?

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

otakuapprentice

i'll probably head down to j-town around 10 or 11am
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

VictimX

I'm planning on heading down around 8am and being there hopefully around 9am getting something to eat and ready to go by 10am but planning something and doing it... I'll probly get there around noon.  :-\

shyguy_2357

id go but i didnt really enjoy myself last year..

some crazy fan girl hit me in the head with a gold club and when i came to, my gear was stolen including my ds...

another girl threw her crepe at me and i had orange peel stuck in my hair!

you board ppl are crazy  :P

but i suppose i have nothin better to do

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: VictimX on March 04, 2008, 09:28:24 PM
I'm planning on heading down around 8am and being there hopefully around 9am getting something to eat and ready to go by 10am but planning something and doing it... I'll probly get there around noon.  :-\

That's why you take BART. Take it from Milbrae Bart and get off at Civic Center, and walk towards City Hall. No hassle on th e parking situation.

@Shyguy: well, we may go to Happy Sashimi Afterwards, sooo, that will be fun again if it happens.

VictimX

but I like driving and the detours around the city besides whats funner then driving a M/T in San Fransico?

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: VictimX on March 04, 2008, 11:25:38 PM
but I like driving and the detours around the city besides whats funner then driving a M/T in San Fransico?

LOL  I see. well, that should be fun then XD

BunofGovt

Yeah, parking around Jtown can be difficult because the streets get blocked off and then there's St Mary's up the street so people are parking on the street for church service, too.  I try and park on the street either Geary on the block before Laguna or even on Van Ness.  The first year I did the parade, I parked by City Hall and had to walk ALLLL the way back to my car after the parade.  Sigh.  So now I park close to Jtown so I don't have to walk so far when I'm already tired ...  ;D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

kimu

It was suggested by other experienced festival goers to park at Japantown by 8 am. So you could find parking. Then have time to finish getting your costume on before heading over for the contest judging or the parade.
Check-in time for the contest is listed as 10 am.

(ugh, will have to be on the road before 6 am that day...but the fun should be worth it!)

short_storiesgl

Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 04, 2008, 09:24:46 PM
i'll probably head down to j-town around 10 or 11am

omg your going! yay we gets to hang out!
ahhaha yes.. im never going to leave you alone Dr.O... ahhaha
Dance Staff Second

VictimX

If 8am is the sound good time then maybe that should be the time I aim for, I really wouldn;'t mind getting there that early anyways so Kimu will you be there at that time?

kimu

Yes, VictimX--I think I am going to take the advice given to me about the 8 am to the parking garage.
I'm going to need a little time to get the costume on--there's no way I'm going to make a 2 hour drive in my cosplay.
I'll have shorts and t-shirt suitable to wear under the costume that can get me around the fact there won't be a good private place to change clothes. And a jacket and sweat pants that can go over that for my drive, or be worn after the parade is over and I decide to change out of the costume.
I'll also need time to get the wig on, as there's also no way a super long wig would survive the long drive north, without being a horrible rats nest! LOL!

Not having done it before, I have no idea where we'd pick up the bus around Japantown, nor how long to allow for the bus ride to City Hall and the staging area for the costume contest. So again, I'll learn from those who've done this before, and just enjoy the whole crazy experience.
;D