Which Mascot would you like to see?

Started by Xeluu, February 11, 2008, 03:34:17 PM

Xeluu

Hi guys, I generally try not to post these threads, but I'm really at a loss right now. I had a list of characters I was thinking about potentially cosplaying in my head, but just blanked out on it the other day.

So, I'm presenting this question to you: what mascot character would you enjoy seeing at Fanime? But note, I'm not going to cosplay a character I don't know or don't like, more or less what I'm trying to do is get some ideas and remember characters I've forgotten. Heck, maybe even get some new ideas on the list.

Thank in advance!
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

redroses3164

oooo! *stares at your signature* You were mudkip last year?! Cool beans! =3 I have two pics of you:
You by yourself:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v600/RiNoATRePe/?action=view&current=fanime2007d300120.jpg
Me hugging you:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v600/RiNoATRePe/?action=view&current=fanime2007d300121.jpg

Sorry random. XD

Anyway, I would love to see a moogle (Final Fantasy series) bopping around the con. =D A Kon (Bleach) would be cool too.

AbsolutelyCursed

I would love to see Bonta-kun from Full Metal Panic Fumoffu.

Xeluu

: D Thanks for the pictures! I'm always trying to find and collect more of them.

As for the suggestions so far:
Moogle - It's been on my list as a potential.
Kon - Also on the list, but I'm a bit worried, as I'm not caught up with the Japanese releases of the Manga and Anime, I'm more or less just following the English release of the manga. Think people might be a bit disappointed or try to spoil things for me if I went as Kon?
Bonta-kun - I know there's a cosplayer who goes as this character and has for the past few years. On top of that, I haven't actually sat down to watch the series. ^^; Bad me. Good idea though!

Again, let me know if you two come up with any other ideas. This year's mascot costume should be a LOT better than last year's Mudkip, it was kinda a trial and error cosplay, even though I hate to admit it.
2016 Cosplay Plans

Kanzake

Kon or Postaf(Kon in a dress XD) from bleach XD
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

redroses3164

As being spoiled, I highly doubt it. Kon isn't really a huge character in Bleach that directly impacts the story so people won't go "OMG *SPOILER* KON!?".

Moonblossom

I would love love love to see a Babbit mascot costume, but I know Kodocha isn't exactly a currently popular series.. ><''

Xeluu

Seems like everyone would really like to see a Kon at Fanime.

@redroses3164: Good point. x_X I just know that's one thing I'm really worried about if I do cosplay as Kon.

@Moonblossom: Awww, Babbit! I remember that little guy. The biggest issue would be getting the proportions right for it. I'll think about it. : D

I'm still looking for more suggestions, so keep them coming everyone!

And I thank you all for all of your help.
2016 Cosplay Plans

Kyonluver

<Fanime '16>
Reese~ACNL
RainbowQuartz~SU
Alkaid~.Hack

ININ

You were Mudkip =)  Here's another picture of you http://www.innovateinfinitely.com/animepage/2007/2007fanimeconpictures/2007fanimeconpictures/2007fanimecon276.jpg

I second cosplaying as Mokona.  Can use a Mokona for the CLAMP gathering.

Xeluu

Okay, so it looks like the list of potential characters so far is:

Moogle - Kon - Babbit - Mokona.

I leave out Echiboo and Ryoohki because I'm not particularly familiar with either of the series. (Well, I've seen episodes of Tenchi, but never really got into it. ^^;  )
Thanks for the ideas and the pictures from last year!

Keep the ideas coming! The more I get, the more likely I am to make more than one!
2016 Cosplay Plans

AbsolutelyCursed

hellangel

As sort-of organizer for the CLAMP gathering, I'm going to have to go with Mokona as well XD

(plus I've seen the huuuuuge Mokona done and it is SO MUCH CUTE)
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Xeluu

Not sure why I didn't respond to this earlier. Responding to it now.

I have been thinking about what people would like to see, and what would be feasible for this year's Con to make.

Unfortunately, I'm 99% sure I won't be going as Mokona. If I were, I'd be a stickler and want the costume to be in the right shape, and proportionate... but with my height, (5'10" ) it's just not convenient for transportation and for getting around. Mind you, if I can figure out how I'd make it more portable, it's a possibility, but right now it's looking pretty slim.

I think I know which I'd go with out of the remaining three (Moogle, Kon, Babbit), but I also have another idea in mind which could be really fun.

I'm still looking for more ideas of series I might have overlooked when thinking of characters, so if any of you have any other ideas, keep them coming!
2016 Cosplay Plans

SOawesomeness

This isn't anime-related, but OMG I would love it if you cosplayed as the Mr. Peanut from... what'sit... Planter's Peanuts. xD
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Jun-Watarase

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

dibbly

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

pockystix

Any microbe from Moyashimon. [image]
I myself have been thinking of doing an Oryzae mascot.
New sn = Meirin