Detailed Map and Location of the Dealers in the Exhibit Hall in the Program...

Started by Tsuchimi Rin-chan, February 12, 2008, 08:42:35 PM

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Guide (2008)

I am wondering if Fanime Plans to put in a page inside the 2008 Program Guide of a detailed Map and Layout of Where and what section a dealer is located at in the Exhibit Hall.  A map on top along with a listing of the dealers with a corresponding number and location on the map on the bottom would be beneficial.

This will help attendees plan on locating and finding their favorite dealer and make shopping in the dealers room much easier.

Please pass this suggestion to the Fanime Dealers room Head or whoever is in charge of that department. 

Thanks,

Jason Nagal Estioko

Former 2006 E-Gaming Console Gaming Staffer
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Tony

Not a bad idea, but the program guide may be designed before the final room layout is confirmed.  :-\
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Moonblossom

Maybe it could be a photocopied handed out when you pick up your bag, just tucked into the guide then? That would allow for last-minute changes, but it would still be a handy thing to have :)

Shinsengumi

You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Xeluu

Or to save paper you could make large signs and place them at various points in the dealers hall, one near the entrance, one near the back, one towards the center, etc.

Just a thought.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

Akito Starwind

I would need to talk to my Boss's about it but If they say ok, I could Draw it all out on like 2' by 2' cardboard with squares for each booth and numbers saying what booth is what. But that would take time plus as weird as it mite sound every year we just dont have any cardboard to make signs. Its funny we always say we need a big EXIT ONLY sign at the exit. but getting a List of dealers and where in the Hall, I can say I Know there is no way it can be put in the guide without it being really out of date or have dealers in the wrong areas. The Booth List is always Changing even On Friday when it starts. Its a good thought, but then if you know where the booths you wanted to see where, then you would miss the other booths that you would not see the first time. Lets just keep it like a scavenger hunt, you may find your booth right away or find a booth that you where not looking for, and discover its better for what you need.
Dealers Room Staff 2004
Dealers Room Staff 2005
Dealers Room Staff 2006
Dealers Room Staff 2007
Dealers Room Staff 2008

clawmaster

yea i guess, jst using a guide to each booth would make it easier for some people and a bit convenient.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

Ari

Lol i work at a grocery store... If you guys need boxes to mutilate i can get a lot. ^^'; Or even going to staples and buying poster board