GET DAVE RODGERS TO SAN FRANCISCO! (And, possibly, Fanime)

Started by zoupzuop2, February 13, 2008, 03:47:26 PM

zoupzuop2

This ain't a joke, folks. Check out the Eventful Demand widget on his profile:
www.myspace.com/daverodgersofficial
Notice that there's more demand for him overseas (here in the states) than in Osaka AND Tokyo... PUT TOGETHER.

GO VOTE! More demand for overseas Dave means MOAR OVERSEAS DAVE! (And more openings for, say, FANIME DAVE! Or OTHERS TOO!)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

zoupzuop2

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on February 13, 2008, 03:47:26 PM
Notice that there's more demand for him overseas (here in the states) than in Osaka AND Tokyo... PUT TOGETHER.

GO VOTE! More demand for overseas Dave means MOAR OVERSEAS DAVE! (And more openings for, say, FANIME DAVE! Or OTHERS TOO!)
Um, believe it or not, this isn't spam. I could link to the Eventful page for Dave if you'd so like, to prove it.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

LadyKaren

... Not to be mean, but what does this have to do Japaneses music, culture or anime...?

Mana_riot

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on February 13, 2008, 03:47:26 PM

demand in osaka:1
demand in tokyo:1

lmao

cappeh

Quote from: LadyKaren on February 14, 2008, 05:11:52 PM
... Not to be mean, but what does this have to do Japaneses music, culture or anime...?
he's a eurobeat artist. eurobeat -> parapara? eurobeat -> initial D?
hi i lav u

abcbadcat

Im not really that into eurobeat but if it was cheap enough then I'd want to see Dave.

Voted.

zoupzuop2

That's not mean at all. :3

Dave Rodgers is a Eurobeat artist; Eurobeat was a genre of dance music that was HUGE in Japan in the 1990's and is still doing well today. Niko's Night of Fire was licensed to such clients as Konami, Coca-Cola, and Disney; other hits have made grand successes in its heyday. It's also a HUGE part of the original Initial D (y'know, before Tokyopop raped it of what made it worth watching besides the cars/racing). Such J-Pop and Japanese artists as Ayumi Hamasaki and m.o.v.e have had either remixes in the style, or have written specifically in the style.

Think of it as one of the few J-Pop genres that's mostly in English. Even though it's made in Italy.

LadyKaren

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on February 20, 2008, 10:14:10 PM

Dave Rodgers is a Eurobeat artist; Eurobeat was a genre of dance music that was HUGE in Japan in the 1990's and is still doing well today. Niko's Night of Fire was licensed to such clients as Konami, Coca-Cola, and Disney; other hits have made grand successes in its heyday. It's also a HUGE part of the original Initial D (y'know, before Tokyopop raped it of what made it worth watching besides the cars/racing). Such J-Pop and Japanese artists as Ayumi Hamasaki and m.o.v.e have had either remixes in the style, or have written specifically in the style.

Think of it as one of the few J-Pop genres that's mostly in English. Even though it's made in Italy.

In that logic...

People watch anime in Japan -> People eat Food in Japan -> Food is big in Japan -> Emeril is big in food -> Emeril should come to Fanime!

Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch. I doubt you can convince anyone he's apart of the Japanese culture.

zoupzuop2

Quote from: LadyKaren on February 21, 2008, 06:41:07 PM
Quote from: zoupzuop2 on February 20, 2008, 10:14:10 PM
In that logic...
People watch anime in Japan -> People eat Food in Japan -> Food is big in Japan -> Emeril is big in food -> Emeril should come to Fanime!
Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch. I doubt you can convince anyone he's apart of the Japanese culture.
Whoa, easy... I didn't mean it THAT way.
Actually, Eurobeat is 9/10 marketed to Japan (in fact, for many years it was marketed to Japan alone; only VERY recently has interest in the genre expanded outside of that country. Even Italy didn't know about it until recently.) As such, I'd at LEAST qualify it as a genre of pop music made for Japan-specific ears... if that means J-Pop, so be it; if not, then it certainly had notable enough success in Japan to be of note.
Also, Eurobeat was THE soundtrack for Initial D's racing scenes. It was chosen BECAUSE of its popularity as Japan's Pop Genre of choice at the time. It has been and still is a VERY integral part of the anime series (some of the songs are ABOUT Initial D characters, and the Initial D compilations of Eurobeat songs featured in the show have sold very well).

And. Push comes to shove? I posted this in "Things in the Universe". It could very well have been about Oingo Boingo (unrelated to Anime and Japan Pop Culture), or HelloGoodbye, or OKGo, for all anyone could care. It's something in the universe that holds a fair amount of interest to at LEAST 1(+) person(s). If my post deserves reprimand I'll accept it and delete the post as warranted; I just don't see HOW that would be the case.