Free Photo Shoots by IamTetsuo PHOTOS UP!

Started by IamTetsuo, February 16, 2008, 08:37:59 PM

IamTetsuo

Don't worry about it.  As long as I get a half hour break at some point I'll be fine.  ;)

Oh man I'm going to be so tired by the end of fanime.  It's gonna be awesome.  :D

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

Kanzake

can i reschedule the one on sunday to the 4 - 4:30 D: someone cant make it to the 2 - 2:30 one :x
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

IamTetsuo

Quote from: Kanzake on March 06, 2008, 11:55:27 PM
can i reschedule the one on sunday to the 4 - 4:30 D: someone cant make it to the 2 - 2:30 one :x

Sure thing!

Kanzake

Seeing as how youre gonna be tired with shoot after shoot, ill see if i can bring you a beverage. Anything specific youd like? Ramune? Soda? water? :P
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

IamTetsuo

Quote from: Kanzake on March 07, 2008, 08:53:35 PM
Seeing as how youre gonna be tired with shoot after shoot, ill see if i can bring you a beverage. Anything specific youd like? Ramune? Soda? water? :P

Aw you don't have to, but if you do just make it water.  I got a headache from drinking too much soda and sugar water last year.

Touya no Miko

OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

TaikoMoon

"Friendly fire isn't"
'08 cosplay(s) All still debatable:
Chibi Maya/tenjho tenge
Ibuki/Street Fighter

IamTetsuo

IamTetsuo

Quote from: TaikoMoon on March 07, 2008, 10:20:09 PM
I will take the sunday 430-5

And the last slot goes to TaikoMoon!

Anyone else who wants a shoot with me can sign up for the alternates list.  There is no guarantee that you will get a shoot this way, but there's a chance.

IamTetsuo

Well I have figured out that I will be at the con for pre-reg pick up on Thursday.  If anyone is interested I'll be able to do one or two shoots, however when the shoots occur will be based entirely upon how long the line is.

Let me know if you're interested!

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: IamTetsuo on April 14, 2008, 12:14:50 AM
Well I have figured out that I will be at the con for pre-reg pick up on Thursday.  If anyone is interested I'll be able to do one or two shoots, however when the shoots occur will be based entirely upon how long the line is.

!!! Not sure which costume yet but I'm definitely interested!

IamTetsuo

Quote from: Black Kawaii Kitty on April 14, 2008, 12:25:09 AM
Quote from: IamTetsuo on April 14, 2008, 12:14:50 AM

!!! Not sure which costume yet but I'm definitely interested!

Great!  Lets hope that it works out better than it did on Thursday last year!  ;D

IamTetsuo

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Talent release form is now available!

Download it here: http://www.geocities.com/flyingducksclan/TALENTRELEASEFORM2008.pdf

All models who are minors, please download and have your parent sign the talent release form!  Your parent or legal guardian must read and sign this before our photo shoot!  If your parent or guardian has any questions or concerns please contact me via PM so I can provide you with my contact information.

All other models you should sign the release form ahead of time as well so that your shoot time won't be taken up by signing the form.

IamTetsuo

OK I'v sent PM's to models who I know are minors.

For those of you who have scheduled group photoshoots if there are any minors in your group PLEASE give them one of the release forms before the con!

BrightHeart76

I have a time on Sunday.  My sister is also doing a Naruto character...would it be ok if she joined me for a picture or two?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

IamTetsuo

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 02, 2008, 08:14:45 PM
I have a time on Sunday.  My sister is also doing a Naruto character...would it be ok if she joined me for a picture or two?

Of course!

Also good news everybody I got a new camera (and a new lens)!  So you'll be getting very high quality photos! :D

SweetNiar

Death_Note_Matt

Quote from: IamTetsuo on February 16, 2008, 08:37:59 PM
IMPORTANT UPDATE

Talent release form is now available!

Download it here: http://www.geocities.com/flyingducksclan/TALENTRELEASEFORM2008.pdf

All models who are minors, please download and have your parent sign the talent release form!  Your parent or legal guardian must read and sign this before our photo shoot!  If your parent or guardian has any questions or concerns please contact me via PM so I can provide you with my contact information.

All other models you should sign the release form ahead of time as well so that your shoot time won't be taken up by signing the form.

-----------------------------------------------------

That's right folks I'm doing photo shoots again this year since I had such a blast doing it last year!  Once again the shoots will be free (considering that I still consider myself an amateur photographer).  I might create a photo book like I did last year.  Hopefully I will have an even better camera this year too.

So what do you get out of it?  You get copies of all of the photos I take in their original unaltered state no watermarks or borders or photoshoping, just copies of the files directly from my camera.  You are free to do as you please with these photos (although I do request that you contact me if you wish to publish the photos).

However (hey you knew there had to be a catch right?) I will maintain copyright and publishing rights to the photos.  What does that mean?  It means if I want to publish the photos for profit in future I will have the right to do so (although I will contact you and obtain permission if I do).

~EDIT~

OK SIGN UPS ARE NOW UP!  Simply post in this thread or PM/IM me.

DOUBLE EDIT:  Since both Friday and Saturday are now booked up I am going to institute an alternates list for those days.  If someone doesn't show for their shoot (10 minutes late with no contact) or a shoot has to be cut short for whatever reason I will call people on the alternates list, starting with whomever signs up first.  This means that you could be called at anytime on that day.  If you are unavailable/don't answer I'll keep on going down the list.  I also might call you if I decide I don't want my break from 3:30-4.

Sign ups are generally first come first serve, however groups, people who contacted me ahead of time, and anyone who had a photo shoot with me last year has priority.  Also I reserve the right to change this schedual depending on when Musicfest Starts.  If all of the slots get reserved way before the con starts I might add some more times.  Also I might be available for shoots on Thursday and Monday.  Please contact me if you want a shoot on one of those days.

Friday BOOKED SOLID!
1-1:30PM - Kanzake
1:30-2 - SweetNiar
2-2:30 - Devil May Cry Gathering
2:30-3 - AngelKawaii
3-3:30 - Milai Sappire
4-4:30 - elley
4:30-5 - ovtrain

Alternates
1. samcarter
2. *taken via PM*

Saturday BOOKED SOLID!
1-1:30PM - ovtrain
1:30-2 - HeeroYuy135
2-2:30 - bubydub
2:30-3 - AngelKawaii
3-3:30 - short_storiesgl
4-4:30 - Trinity Blood Gathering
4:30-5 - Chiri Kcrinh

Alternates
1. samcarter
2. *taken via PM*

Sunday BOOKED SOLID!
1-1:30PM - bubydub
1:30-2 - Kouri Neko
2-2:30 - Touya no Mika
2:30-3 - brightheart76
3:30-4 - short_storiesgl
4-4:30 - Kanzake
4:30-5 - TaikoMoon

Alternates
1. *taken via PM*

Meet ups will generally be in front of the convention center near the main entrance in front of the fountains.  If you would like to meet up somewhere else let me know.  I will also send everyone my cell phone number so you can contact me.  Please be on time.

But how do you know if I take good pictures?  Good question.  Here are samples of my work from last year:

More examples can be seen here.

I also made a photobook using my cosplay photography for my photography class at UCSC last year.  It can be seen here.

Are you interested in a free photoshoot?  Then post here and let me know!  If the response is especially good I will reserve more time for extra shoots.  Once again this is just an interest thread currently not a time slot reservation thread (that will happen closer to the con).

~EDIT

I should probably mention this: while I enjoy working with everyone if you are under 18 I would prefer to have parent/guardian permission before doing a shoot.  Mainly because I do post many of my favorite photos on the web for everyone to see and I don't want an angry parent contacting me about publishing photos of their son/daughter to the internet without their permission.  I will provide a photo release form for a parent/guardian to sign either ahead of time or at the con.  I know this "sucks" but it is to cover my own liabilities.

Sessions can be extended for individuals with more than one costume.  Multiple sessions can also be booked if you will be wearing different costumes on different days.  If you have a LOT of costumes/variations (say more than I could accommodate during the con) and you live in the Santa Cruz/San Jose area I am willing to meet up with you for an extended photo shoot before or after the con (this probably would involve a fee though.  PM or instant message me if you are interested.)

SUCK SUCK SUCKSSS! DX YOur filled up DXXX
Another Player has Entered the Game

IamTetsuo

You are more than welcome to sign up for the alternates list Death_Note_Matt