Inquiry about Maid Cafe

Started by TheMaKaKi, February 17, 2008, 11:55:23 PM

TheMaKaKi

Hi All,

I just wanted to simply ask if there has been any updates regarding Maid Cafe OR if there is an official thread about it. I just want to know the requirements of being able to volunteer as a Maid and if there were any announcements about it.

Anyone who has volunteered before, please tell us about your experiences!!! And how you went about being a Maid. I am interested to read how people fared from last year.

So, please keep this topic, simple and clean-- NO Hostile Debate/Argument, or I will report you IMMEDIATELY! I read the last topic regarding Maid Cafe and one simple question turned into a heated debate that was locked by an Admin. Please keep this thread friendly so people can come and read it. Be considerate and respectful!  :) Thank you all!

-MKK
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Tony

Unfortunately things are going a little slow in the higher/corporate-y areas, and that's causing some delays at the department and volunteer levels. You may want to contact [email protected] to let them know you're interested; they'll likely contact you once things get up to speed!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Jerry

Thanks again for your interested in this 'little' project.

Just like Tony said, we'll try to get the info to you as soon as we get some logistics and legal stuff down on paper first.

you know how that could be  :P

More information coming up soon?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

xiaomei

nothing yet..? DD:

well, i was wondering if there was any requirements to volunteer, and if the outfits would be provided :3
就算世界 與我為敵 我超喜歡你 !

Tony

Actually, we just recently got the food contract and floor plan squared away, so maid selection and training should be  starting soon! We'll probably have official announcements of when and where that's going to happen on the forum, so check back...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Mister_E

Maid Boot Camp, sounds fun.

DROP AND GIVE ME 20 "YES MASTERS", MAGGOT!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Jerry

Quote from: Mister_E on March 21, 2008, 07:53:41 AM
Maid Boot Camp, sounds fun.

DROP AND GIVE ME 20 "YES MASTERS", MAGGOT!

Its... not quite like that...

though it would be a funny thought tho...  ::)

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2008, 07:46:45 AM
Actually, we just recently got the food contract and floor plan squared away, so maid selection and training should be  starting soon! We'll probably have official announcements of when and where that's going to happen on the forum, so check back...

So I did email Maid Cafe. I am waiting for a reply. Is there any more info? Because Fanime is coming close, and I want to know what the requirements are and schedule it ^^
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

mousou_machine

we should have an application form for the maid cafe... for various reasons i mean (over flooding on a certain day etc)

nyuu-latte

Yes, I would also like to know what the requirements are for volunteering at the Maid Cafe :) Does anyone know when any updates or announcements might be made? Since Fanime's getting closer and closer, I want to be able to plan for this accordingly ^-^

zoupzuop2

I wasn't a maid (for obvious reasons), but I was a Butler.

We butlers had a pretty good job; just keep an eye on things, see if anyone wanted anything, stay on patrol, and even take pictures every so often. A nice job, I MIGHT do it again. Then again, things may be different this time, so... we'll have to see.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

moosehime

OK, I would like to volunteer as a maid as well, but my mother is not allowing me yet (she is worried about the customers and uniform skirt lengths)  If one is provided, what does the uniform look like, and what kind of people eat at the cafe?  And, is there any sort of age restriction?  Thanks!

Kazuko

I think the age restriction was 15 or 16+ I cant quite remember, but you had to get a parent consent if you are under 18. Uniforms arent decided yet, you will have to pay for it. and well almost every con goer eat at a cafe =\ it is open to the con/general public so you will get almost every type of person

thats what i can recall, and theres another maid cafe thread mentioning alot of these things in the live programing event section

Thoth

Just a reminder, that any information posted in here that is not from me, Sydney, any other Maid Cafe staff, or our superiors, should not be taken as official information. An email has gone out containing information, and I am available to answer questions you may have in the thread on Live Programming Events.
Feeds.  Welcome to the Fanime boards.  Are you ready to pull the rawhide?  Just stay away from my mouse footpath.

Jerry

So remember to Contact the Fanime Maid team : for any questions!
Thanks for being interested!

http://www.fanime.com/events/maid-cafe

Maid Cafe e-mail : [email protected]

*edit*

sorry about that previous post ladies and gents.

LadyKaren

Quote from: Jerry on April 08, 2008, 08:17:54 AM
So remember to Contact the Fanime Maid team : for any questions!
Thanks for being interested!

Sydney - [email protected]

Ted - [email protected]

Do [email protected]

Let's keep it official guys.

Thoth

For those still interested in volunteering for the cafe, please check the maid cafe section of the website, under events. We have dates, times, and locations for upcoming training dates. Those looking to volunteer for this year's Maid Cafe need to attend one of these training meetings.

Sunday 4/13/08 - Parkside Hall - Room B (Parkside Hall is located across the street from the San Jose Convention directly behind the Civic Auditorium)

Sunday 4/20/08 - San Jose Convention Center - Meeting Room B - 2nd Floor

Sunday 5/4/08 - San Jose Civic Auditorium (across the street from San Jose Convention Center)

All meetings from 9 AM to 1 PM.
Feeds.  Welcome to the Fanime boards.  Are you ready to pull the rawhide?  Just stay away from my mouse footpath.

Jun-Watarase

Augh, late to the first meeting but will definitely be there this weekend.

For those that weren't around to pick up the handouts at the last minute, and cannot make it to the next meeting, I'll get e-mails from Sydney and forward the documents to you. Or uh, e-mail me if you were there at the first meeting and didn't get them (at [email protected]) and I could forward that to Sydney. For those attending the next meeting, all paper documents will be received and reviewed throughout the meeting. From what I know, progress is going pretty well. Remember to do your best. =o

@Jerry: Sorry again for getting lost.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Jerry

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 16, 2008, 02:05:13 PM

No Worries, according to some people's opinions I wasnt even suppose to be there.  :P

Besides, a maid dress would totally make me look fat, considering my horrible figure. >_<
That plus I'm WAY top heavy too.  :-[

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Jerry on April 16, 2008, 07:23:42 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 16, 2008, 02:05:13 PM

No Worries, according to some people's opinions I wasnt even suppose to be there.  :P

Besides, a maid dress would totally make me look fat, considering my horrible figure. >_<
That plus I'm WAY top heavy too.  :-[

You're part of the whole project aren't you? Yeah, GIRLS ONLY, YOU FAT COW.

*Rubs chin*

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com