How much do YOU spend on fanime??

Started by KawaiiAngel, February 18, 2008, 09:28:28 PM

Ester-chan

I know a lot of people don't eat. A friend of mine only had like, a sip of water and a few pocky sticks, considering she wanted to save all her money for stuff. I'm hoping to have around 200. Maybe three, saving off some for food.

Make sure you have food money!
Cosplays of 2010:
Sister Esther Blanchette - Trinity Blood
Rita Mordio - Tales of Vesperia
Roxas - Kingdom Hearts

ToshiX

hotel 100, food bout 50, merchandise bout 100
so 250 ish to 300
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Squeeky_Moonkin

air fare-250 ish round trip from utah
hotel 5 nights 150.00
food money and limited fun money 200.00 , more if i can save more by then
reg, pre-reg fee...was purchased as an early b-day present from a good friend
35.00 for a dress to wear at the B&W ball if I go
90.00 for one new cosplay if I decide to, but i do have 2 1/2 other outfits to bring

total 600-725

also this may not seem alot if you have a full time job. On the other hand I dont use ant of my job money for cons.
I earn all my con money through online sales and crafts ^_^.

kyochan

Hmm...
Hotel: $400 ~ 500
Transportation (Air Ticket): $150 (round trip)
Food: $200
Merchandise: $100 ~ $2000 >_<
Funny pranks on anime club members: priceless XD
Mah dead branches will pwn joo! >=D<br /> - Kyochan

EvilBunnyKid

Quote from: kyochan on March 14, 2008, 02:08:30 PM
Hmm...
Hotel: $400 ~ 500
Transportation (Air Ticket): $150 (round trip)
Food: $200
Merchandise: $100 ~ $2000 >_<
Funny pranks on anime club members: priceless XD

THEIF!!  jk   but what is that big gap between mechandise?

BrightHeart76

This year I should have close to 1200 for everything.  That's more then enough for my hotel, food AND fun stuff.  YAY!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

KyraEnsui

XD A LOT more than previous years I've going. My roommates are lucky that they don't have to pay except for parking and food. With pre-registration, hotel room, and food, it should be less than $800. XD.. I'm very selective at dealer's room so I spent less there than food.

Truten

Hotel-50
Food-50-80
Dealers Room- 100-300
Fun stuff- ?
I guess it'd be around 600...probably 200 less then that.

.::midnight.maiden::.

I spent about $120 last year...but I don't think I will be able to spend as much this year because my source of money is from my parents (who REALLY hate that I love anime).
Last year's expenses included messenger bag, t-shirt, and other small accessories from the artist alley. I didn't own any anime merchandise before that. ^^; Just manga manga manga xD

Oh, and Sushi+Pocky too. <3
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

Druix

Oh, just spending? Thank god. At first i thought this thread included the cost of cosplays, in which case I've already probably spent close to $1000 >.< I'd rather not total it all up...

Anyway, so far this year, I have spent the $50 for full-weekend pre-reg, and I plan to have around $200 (at LEAST) for food and fun. I'm turning 18 in 1 week, though, and all I asked for is money....so maybe I'll have a lot? XD I didn't buy much last year at all, because I'm a very cautious buyer :P And as for food....I don't eat much during Fanime XD Fanime is 4 days of no sleeping no eating followed by a week or so of being absolutely dead XD

2010 Cosplays:
~Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto: Shippuuden)
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
~Cain (Starfighter)
~Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

Knightfire

I'll have 600 saved up from work by the week of the convention, if I get lucky with selling my text books, an extra 100 or 200 to add on top of that. Not too worried about rooming, if the friend plan fails, then my house is just a bus ride away. Gotta love the 23. Food... 100 bucks MAX. I may do some pre shopping for some grub. I'm lucky I'm not a big eater, despite my size.

If I can manage to spend 400 bucks in the dealers room, then I'll be a happy camper. If I spend more, then that's what the extra cash is for. Buffer room. Gotta take advantage of the swap meet.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

fr33lanc3r

55 - admission
50 - food
?? - dealers room
20 - parking if im lazy D:

i spent an average 150-200 at every fanime when it came to finding out how much i spent. that dealers room... curses... i lose all control once in there

TC X0 Lt 0X

I'm spending ANY money I can find right now.

I'm even selling my soul on E-Bay right now (Top bid so far is 53 cents )

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Sora

How much do I spend? Well, outside of food and hotel, as much as I can (given how much I have). Unless you count last year....I had less than $100 for five days... :'(
"Don't give me any orders."

InsaneChan

Ugh, lets not even go there.

But I actually spend the most on cosplay >_<;;

Gas, food, and merchandise are all close seconds.
Love. Life. fANIME.

GodivaSyndrome

Let's see ...

Pre-reg was $50, hotel will be about $90, food (I'm buying from the grocery store and bringing it with me) will be about $40, and I have about $400 to do whatever the hell I want with. So that's $580? Honestly, I thought it was going to be a lot more than that.

daristar

I think I spent about $300 last year.  But I'm local so I don't have to get hotel/airfare and can eat at home too.

narutofan17

If you don't add the registration and hotel cost, I usually spend anywhere between 100-200 dollars.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

error00004

last year I spend around 500 bucks it was like a 100 each day.That wasn't including the room.
and This year....hmm.. I think 400
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

shy-cosplayer

because i'm too young to have an actual job, (not many places hire 14-year-olds) I've saved up about $202.23.