How much do YOU spend on fanime??

Started by KawaiiAngel, February 18, 2008, 09:28:28 PM

KyraEnsui

I know I'll surpass it next year. With hotel, food that I'm buying, cases of water bottle, registration, gas, and whatever they have in dealer's room. Most of it will go to hotel as usual. I plan to bring my own microwave too since I'm planning to have my roommates to save up for other stuffs. *nod nod* So probably, it will range up to $800. Okay. Time to budget it again.

SweetNiar

Too much!  so much i think its the only reason why i work >_> ya know aside from those bills that have to keep coming in the mail that i never want to pay for.....(but i DO!! ::hides from the collection agency:: I SWEAR! I paid you last week ;.;)

Think my total last year including food, hotel, and dealer room came to somewhere around.....$600 to $800 give or take a penny

Mr Anime

Last year was the first time I attended Fanime and ended up spending aroung $1,200 for everything.
I'm the best at what I do. And what I do isn't very nice.

Lady_Necromancer

Well, last time i went, I spent a couple hundred. THIS time, however,I have a cosplay group, so I need to buy some cosplays so we can make our debut. Including those, the hotel, getting into Fanime...

Oh, about $730 XD

And that's not even yet including things I'll be buying at Artist's Alley, food (if I can get any ^^;), and any other assorted things. Or the props I need to make...

Crap, I might be going higher... better bring my own microwave so I can eat XD

Hakoshi

Last year I spent like 200 dollars, one mainly merchandise no food for like 4 days, except eating at 1 am at my friends house. Almost fainted at the con and my firned had to buy me food.

For 09' I plan to have around 1400 just for prep before fanime, then for the con I hope for about 400.

shinjiboy

Quote from: MaruKyuu on August 31, 2008, 11:52:37 PM
I'm a horrible person. I spent $7 in the Dealer's room (two mangas for $4, a magazine for $1, and a $2 tiny ruler that saved me in Geometry).

I didn't eat on Friday or Monday, but I ate one meal during Friday and Saturday, for $5 each.

Fanime entrance fee was $45.

I spent $62.

I wonder if I'll surpass that in 2009...

/cry Plz eat people!

Baker!-!

its weird at fanime i dont get hungry maybe taht should be the newest diet the fanime diet
WAHHHHHHHHH where is patty and hiyori when you need them the most

cosplays for 09
main:Eevee ginjika ?%
Sides:Mitsuru 15% lol i have the hair naturally

OtakuMessiah

Quote from: Mr Anime on September 03, 2008, 06:47:37 PM
Last year was the first time I attended Fanime and ended up spending aroung $1,200 for everything.
.....You...spent how m-much? :-X
"The only thing worst than being blind, is being the only one that can see..."

Baker!-!

WAHHHHHHHHH where is patty and hiyori when you need them the most

cosplays for 09
main:Eevee ginjika ?%
Sides:Mitsuru 15% lol i have the hair naturally

otakuapprentice

*cry*
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Mister_E

What the HELL?
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Moonblossom

My final tally last year ended up being just over $1700. However, that included round-trip airfare from eastern Canada, the entire hotel bill for five nights (I will get paid back when my best friend's life settles down later), and a few nice dinners as well as the regular fast food.

But as I've said before in a similar thread to this one - Fanime isn't just the con for me, it's my yearly vacation and a time to catch up with someone I only see once or twice a year. So a lot of our budget isn't directly con-related.

Charis

Let's see ... gas was godawful, something like $120 for the round trip.  Hotel was about $420, parking included, arriving on Day 0 and leaving on the last day.  I think I spent perhaps $50 total on swag, including gifts for some people, another $50 or so on food (we brought a lot of stuff up, so I should probably add another $25 on for that -- food was perhaps six meals total out).  My sister went halvsies on the hotel (it was just the two of us), and a friend who got a lift with us paid for half the gas, so grand total for my share was somewhere around $450 when you add in registration.  It would have been a little more, but Starbucks thwarted my caffination plans repeatedly by being out.  T_T

However, if I were to count how much I'd spent on my cosplays, that'd be another matter entirely.  I do tend to spend more when I go to a con I don't drive to, between airfare and shipping (it's cheaper than paying to check my swords on the plane) and not being able to bring food along.  When you factor those sorts of things, plus possibly not sharing a hotel room or floating the bill for others, I can see how it creeps up -- my AX hotel bill, before we divvied out shares, was almost a grand for five nights.)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD