WonderCon

Started by Kandybar, February 20, 2008, 12:43:41 PM

SOawesomeness

SO SAD. My camera sucks. =.= So most of my pictures are heckxa blurry or like... D:
I think I'll save some money to buy a better camera. >.< Or something...
I have only 40 or so pictures, most of cosplayers or Gaia stuff... >.<
BTW I only went Saturday for a few hours, so...
Saturday WonderCon
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

OniCourseMusha

FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

SOawesomeness

From what I've seen so far, there weren't many cosplayers at all. D:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on February 24, 2008, 09:15:38 PM
Do you mean anime/game cosplayers?  Or everything else?
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration

rude32

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on February 24, 2008, 09:15:38 PM
I would have to agree with that, there was hardly anyone there cosplaying. I was expecting a much bigger turnout of cosplayers, considering how many people actually went to the con.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Jerry

ive been to previous wonder cons before.... its not really heavy on cosplayers.

COMIC CON on the other hand...

its like asking... whoa... who isnt cosplaying? :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

SOawesomeness

Jerry- PFFT. Comic con... who needs to go there when you have summer school?! T_T
You make me cry inside...

But yeah. I thought there would have been more cosplayers... and I would have but I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to cosplay something anime related at a comic convention. >.> Now I know.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

OniCourseMusha

Okay this brings up something.  Wondercon has really really good cosplayers but not too many cosplayers in general.
Kraken Con Staff

SOawesomeness

There was another cosplayer, I think, but I didn't take a picture. I think he was trying to be Indiana Jones, but it didn't work out so well... and I saw a few other sorta-maybe but totally not cosplays. >.>
I saw like, two neko-people things, I really didn't like that.

But the ones that are evidently cosplaying, yeah, they're freaking awesome. o.0
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Kandybar

I think there tends to be a wider variety of cosplay at WonderCon.  The good ones stand out more because not as many people dress up, but I saw quite a few cringe worthy ones when I was about on Saturday, lurking among the dealer stalls (and I agree, that room was packed).

OniCourseMusha

oh god!
I could never imagine that they would make article about my cosplay!
http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/02/25/cosplay-in-just-minutes-a-day/
Kraken Con Staff

rubymoonIII

thats it im busting out my cooking mama cosplay....
as soon as  i stop bieng lazy and finish it X3
sorry oni chan
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

vasher

Hardly any cosplayers there.  There were a few really good ones, though- yay for Storm Troopers and Boba Fetts of the con.  And a couple fantastic Batmans/Supes.  The Spiderman skit in the masquerade was great, and the Leonidas one, too.  Arooh! XD

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: vasher on February 27, 2008, 03:38:55 PM
Hardly any cosplayers there.  There were a few really good ones, though- yay for Storm Troopers and Boba Fetts of the con.  And a couple fantastic Batmans/Supes.  The Spiderman skit in the masquerade was great, and the Leonidas one, too.  Arooh! XD
I enjoyed the Spiderman skit alot!  And I was so proud of my friend Kristy who cosplayed as Trish to win "best recreation" award.
Kraken Con Staff

vasher

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on February 27, 2008, 05:31:32 PM
Quote from: vasher on February 27, 2008, 03:38:55 PM
I enjoyed the Spiderman skit alot!  And I was so proud of my friend Kristy who cosplayed as Trish to win "best recreation" award.
Hey, I was in that skit, too. XD  Ada Wong (with rocket launcher) at your service.

SOawesomeness

D: I couldn't be at the masquerade... but I guess oh well. =.=;;
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Oniko

I agree not enough cosplayers.  Most of the time I was telling my friend I wish I had brought my Haruhi costume from home the week before so I could dress up.  Guess I felt like I need to pick things up XD
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Oniko on February 27, 2008, 07:14:23 PM
I agree not enough cosplayers.  Most of the time I was telling my friend I wish I had brought my Haruhi costume from home the week before so I could dress up.  Guess I felt like I need to pick things up XD
Yeah, I was feeling that vibe, too. I was thinking I should have dressed up in my Yuna cosplay. =.=;;

Oh well, maybe next year, huh?
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Eurobeat King

My pictures are posted on American Cosplay Paradise (ACP) for now, and you can check them out here:

http://www.acparadise.com/cons.php?cyid=562&t=4&s=ebkunsorted#pics

I'm still backlogged from posting my Katsucon pictures on cosplay.com (which was the weekend before WonderCon) so when I'm done with those, I'll start posting the WC pics on c.com.

Please enjoy the pictures! :)

While Friday was slow, Saturday was busy and the rain made most of the attendees & cosplayers go inside, so it was easy to spot them.  I was backstage taking pictures of the contestants and then the winners (congrats!) and the set-up for the backstage photo-area was sooo much better than last year's.  Hopefully they'll utilize this area again next year.

Sunday was not as slow as Sunday, and I had time to attend the Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles panel, since I love the show.  Later on, Thomas Dekker (who plays young John Connor in the show) was walking around the dealers' hall, and I went up to him and shook his hand, congratulating him on doing a great job with the show.  I didn't ask to take a picture with him, since his entourage probably wouldn't have allowed it. 

I will definitely be back next year, and hopefully the weather will be better in 2009!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."