Catch the Barrel-Catch that Prize (Updated)

Started by MidnightRosebud, February 21, 2008, 10:14:53 AM

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: Yuu on May 15, 2008, 09:31:31 PM
Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on May 13, 2008, 08:46:14 PM
Quote from: Yuu on May 12, 2008, 11:17:40 PM
I so want to play!

We had something like this at Sakuraon, only there were no teams. I came really close to winning as Renji, but I had to throw a match because I wanted to leave the premises where the barrell was aloud to go.

It'll be a hell of a lot more fun with teams! Damned ninjas.  *Shakes fist*

It's would be fantastic if you participated in this event. We went to a lot of trouble to have it this year, and if all goes to plan we plan on having it next year as well.

Aight.  Im in,  provided I can find where it's taking place.

I'm still a bit confused n one thing though; how can you both hold onto the box 'for as long as you can' and still keep returning it?
Keep returning it? You only need to turn it in once, at End Game at 4 o'clock.

Also, the game starts in the Tabletop Gaming Room, from there it will be in the halls. Use your best ninja skillz to track it down! Or...well...O.o;;...Shinigami instincts....XD.....Grab onto that Reiraku!! (If I  am even remembering that name right. -.-;;).
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on May 16, 2008, 07:34:38 AM
I so want to play!

We had something like this at Sakuraon, only there were no teams. I came really close to winning as Renji, but I had to throw a match because I wanted to leave the premises where the barrell was aloud to go.

It's would be fantastic if you participated in this event. We went to a lot of trouble to have it this year, and if all goes to plan we plan on having it next year as well.

I'm still a bit confused n one thing though; how can you both hold onto the box 'for as long as you can' and still keep returning it?

Also, the game starts in the Tabletop Gaming Room, from there it will be in the halls. Use your best ninja skillz to track it down! Or...well...O.o;;...Shinigami instincts....XD.....Grab onto that Reiraku!! (If I  am even remembering that name right. -.-;;).

I hope the meeting place isn't too confusing for some people. =(
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

fanime_lo-ve

{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

Yuu

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on May 16, 2008, 07:34:38 AM
I so want to play!

Ah the gaming room, yes I will be there often checking to see when the Chess games are because apparently we STILL have not got them all figured out.

I'm not a ninja dammit! Instead I will use my awesome shota powers!  They are awesome and you WILL fear them or ELSE.. I will throw a tantrum the likes of which you have never seen. Remember, hell hath no fury like the rage of a spoiled, rich brat.

MidnightRosebud

@ Yuu

-cracks up- Hell hath no fury, huh? Well, good luck with that "Little Byakuya-chan!!!" XP
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on May 20, 2008, 12:18:08 PM
@ Yuu

-cracks up- Hell hath no fury, huh? Well, good luck with that "Little Byakuya-chan!!!" XP

hehe. Little Byakuya-chan >= D
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on May 20, 2008, 07:29:04 PM
@ Yuu

I love this quote so much I bumped it!
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

Yuu

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on May 21, 2008, 03:35:26 PM
@ Yuu

Your TRYING to incite my wrath , arent you!? 

'Little Byakuya' I could overlook. It does differentiate me from the the other Byakuya's but 'chan'?!
Unforgivable!
You've gone too far and your BOTH going down!

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Yuu on May 21, 2008, 10:23:42 PM
Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on May 21, 2008, 03:35:26 PM
@ Yuu

Your TRYING to incite my wrath , arent you!? 

'Little Byakuya' I could overlook. It does differentiate me from the the other Byakuya's but 'chan'?!
Unforgivable!
You've gone too far and your BOTH going down!

well aee about that little Byakuya-chan =3
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

MidnightRosebud

-snickers-
-bursts out laughing-
This is going to be so much fun! ><

Cosplay 2010

fanime_lo-ve

I hope  get enough sleep, when I ge tto excited I tend not to sleep at all. It's like I'm 15 all over again and going to Fanime for the first time. =3
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

MidnightRosebud

So Everyone...how did it go for you? Did you have fun?
Me...I have mixed feelings about it. The Naruto group were AWESOME. They really participated and had fun with it. The Bleach group...not so much. But thank you to those who did participate!
I was surprised at how honest you all were! Nobody peeked! O.O At all! I feel kind of proud about that...=^__^=
And both the box and barrel managed to survive, relatively speaking.
Any ideas for next year? Comments? Questions? Ideas? Suggestions?
Should it be done again? What should be done differently? And what/whom should the groups be next year?
I'm thinking...anybody goes as long as you're in cosplay. It's not as exclusive and might get passed around more. I don't know....

But the results are in!

NINJA'S TOPPED SHINIGAMI BY A LANDSLIDE AT FANIMECON 2008!!!!

Cosplay 2010

Yuu

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on May 26, 2008, 11:59:03 PM
So Everyone...how did it go for you? Did you have fun?
Me...I have mixed feelings about it. The Naruto group were AWESOME. They really participated and had fun with it. The Bleach group...not so much. But thank you to those who did participate!
I was surprised at how honest you all were! Nobody peeked! O.O At all! I feel kind of proud about that...=^__^=
And both the box and barrel managed to survive, relatively speaking.
Any ideas for next year? Comments? Questions? Ideas? Suggestions?
Should it be done again? What should be done differently? And what/whom should the groups be next year?
I'm thinking...anybody goes as long as you're in cosplay. It's not as exclusive and might get passed around more. I don't know....

But the results are in!

NINJA'S TOPPED SHINIGAMI BY A LANDSLIDE AT FANIMECON 2008!!!!

I looked everywhere for that damned box after the first 20 or so minutes. I eventually had to give up.

Hehe I did beat Yoruichi and that old man ( Captain Byakuya) once each. So there!!  >P

nekokazzie

Do it again do it again!!! I was the Konan in the larger Akatsuki group. I told my friends about it and they got excited over it...and apparently over zealous...(*coughtobicough*^^; ) I only managed to get the box once at the start of the game...then lost it to Aizen TT^TT... But I helped protect the barrel so it was all good XD

I'll be Kino for next year...so if you're still doing an anime specific game then I won't be able to play. I think the game would still work with just people in cosplay, that way there's more people trying to nab the barrel...and that way you can't just avoid certain cosplayers( Pein saw the Aizen that took the barrel from me when we were heading downstairs and did a GIANT loop to avoid him>.>). It be a little bit more hectic that way, but I think that's part of the fun to be paranoid about getting challenged ^_^

I do hope you do it next year, I'd like to play again! ;D
' I reject your reality and substitute my own!' - Mythbuster's Jamie ^-^

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: nekokazzie on June 03, 2008, 11:39:24 PM
Do it again do it again!!! I was the Konan in the larger Akatsuki group. I told my friends about it and they got excited over it...and apparently over zealous...(*coughtobicough*^^; ) I only managed to get the box once at the start of the game...then lost it to Aizen TT^TT... But I helped protect the barrel so it was all good XD

I'll be Kino for next year...so if you're still doing an anime specific game then I won't be able to play. I think the game would still work with just people in cosplay, that way there's more people trying to nab the barrel...and that way you can't just avoid certain cosplayers( Pein saw the Aizen that took the barrel from me when we were heading downstairs and did a GIANT loop to avoid him>.>). It be a little bit more hectic that way, but I think that's part of the fun to be paranoid about getting challenged ^_^

I do hope you do it next year, I'd like to play again! ;D
Oh! Goodness! I'm glad you contacted me! -very excited-
I am soo glad that you enjoyed the game, and yes, we are planning on doing it again next year! But this time the scale as increased about ten fold, if not larger. ^.^;;

Gosh, just reading your comment is making me wish this weekend was Fanime so we can play the game again!!  ;D

Come on over to this forum and meet some of the others who will be playing! See you then!  ;)

Here's the link:
Calling All Cosplayers_FanimeCon 2009: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010

nekokazzie

Hehe, I'll make sure to follow the new board^-^
' I reject your reality and substitute my own!' - Mythbuster's Jamie ^-^