What's Banned at FanimeCon and what's not banned...

Started by PassingTheBuck, February 24, 2008, 10:31:12 AM

migitlicious

Sorry I'm new. What exactly is glomping and signage? I would appreciate a simple answer. Thanks

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: migitlicious on March 24, 2008, 12:52:41 PM
Sorry I'm new. What exactly is glomping and signage? I would appreciate a simple answer. Thanks

Glomps are pretty much tackle-hugs. It's a form of showing affection excitedly. Unfortunately, people tend to "spread the love" to strangers that don't expect being tackled down and given hugs. It's fun within friends that enjoy it too.

Signs are typically pieces of cardboard or posters that attract some sort of attention to the person holding it. It became a problem when people started using them to beg other people for hugs, money for fictional reasons, and in some cases, prostitution.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

migitlicious

Oh okay, thank  you for the information. It will be my first fanime this year and I thought I should know these things before I go.

Bawlsy

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 25, 2008, 09:07:50 AMThere's no need to host a panel on it and waste time since... why would anyone go to a panel about glomping? Not only that, but it wouldn't do much progress as it's a panel... during the convention itself.

I stopped reading this thread on page 2. It started getting repetitive. Anyways people go to panel's about glomping if you offer them candy and if people have enough time to hear about it. Sac Anime host a con etiquette panel. They get a pretty good turn out too. Though Fanime is a pretty big con and I'm not sure how appropriate it would be since it's not really seen as a beginners con like the Sacramento conventions.

Anyways that's my two cents.
Costume List For Fanime 2008!
~ Harold Belserius, Tales of Destiny 2 =10%
~ Jade Curtiss, Tales of the Abyss = 5%