I Need some Kenshin cosplay help

Started by God91125, February 24, 2008, 06:18:17 PM

God91125

Osu I'll be cosplaying as Kenshin this year and I already have the outfit complete but I need some help with the other materials. My scar I could probably use a marker or something XD but does anybody know where I can get the proper footing material? Setta,Zori and all.

Also does anyone know where I can get some red hairspray or what exact tint of red I need in order to do his hair I'd rather avoid doing a wig and my hair should be long enough by then. Any help would be really appreciated. ^_^

K&K4ever

You could just use really short socks and flip flops for the shoes, as for the hair, I would say deep red or something to that effect, and I think you can get the spray at Walgreens (I not sure :P )
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Nightroad

Try Wallmart or target or any 'mart' for flipflops and hair spar. Good luck!!!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

kimu

It depends on your budget.....

For scarring, you can either get Halloween style latex and spirit gum stuff to make a scar.
Or you can get an eyeliner pencil and use that.
If you have any allergies to latex and spirit gum, the eyeliner is the safest and easiest method. Also cheapest. 

For zori....
There are a number of companies that sell Asian clothing or martial arts gear that carry these.
I'm not sure who currently has the best price. Most of them are not really cheap, but you could try a google/yahoo websearch. Try ebay?
I actually got mine in San Francisco's Japantown at Soko Hardware. A most awesome store that carries far more than just hardware and at usually very reasonable prices.
The flip flop option can certainly work for a cheaper budget.

For tabi ('socks')....
Again, depends on your budget.
Real tabi can be a bit pricey. My indigo blue ones I use for sword class are about $40.
You can always search the same places that carry zori for tabi, too.
However, if on the budget plan, you can cheat with some kinds of socks. If they are the right height and look, and you can get that notch to work between your big toes and other toes.
You could try: http://cooleastmarket.com/index.php for some options.

Good luck! I hope to see another Kenshin there.
:D

God91125

Actually good news I was shopping in Japan Town in Downtown San Jose and I managed to get the zori and some Tabi Socks so God91125 is very happy now :D

As for the scar... Eyeliner you say? Sounds like a interesting idea I'll keep that in mind I was just gonna take a marker to my face but that will be good :D So now I just gotta look for the hair material although I'm worried that my hair isn't long enough :( and I def don't have the money to buy a wig so I hope any of you guys mind too much. I do have long hair just not Kenshin long hahaha. Anyways everything seems to be falling into place but thx for the help everybody!

K&K4ever

No Problem, Glad we could all help, and we'll see you at the gathering.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

God91125

*sigh* I'm having big hair problems and it's not my lengh at all XD
See I don't have the money for a wig and I really don't want to bleach my hair in order to make it red I'm a all natural person what can I say. Does any body know any stores that sell red hair spray because I can't find any. Otherwise hahahaha I hope everybody doesn't mind seeing a Kenshin with dark brown hair XD
But yeah I'm still looking for red hairspray any help is appreciated.

kimu

If you really won't consider going for a wig, and cosworx and amphigory have good prices for good quality, then try Sally beauty supply. They have stores in many places, and online product lists/ordering. They tend to carry temporary hair sprays and dies.
Whatever you do, be real careful before you decide to bleach your hair! There's a lot of scary things that can go wrong if you do it wrong.

God91125

Quote from: kimu on March 23, 2008, 10:36:05 PM
If you really won't consider going for a wig, and cosworx and amphigory have good prices for good quality, then try Sally beauty supply. They have stores in many places, and online product lists/ordering. They tend to carry temporary hair sprays and dies.
Whatever you do, be real careful before you decide to bleach your hair! There's a lot of scary things that can go wrong if you do it wrong.

Nya tis why I'm not gonna bleach my hair XD hair spray for me now I just gotta find some good store locations.

EDIT: Screw it I'm going for the wig hopefully see all of yall at Fanime :D