Oh dear is the Swap meet on Thursday!?

Started by Mister_E, February 26, 2008, 12:52:27 AM

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Barnes

I just went here:

http://www.fanime.com/events/swap-meet

For this:

"Location: TBA

Time:
Thursday, May 22, 2008 from 7:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Friday, May 23, 2007 from 8:30 PM - 1:00 AM

Pre-Registration for Friday (5/23) seller space will open in the Spring.
No Pre-Registration is needed for Thursday (5/22) Swap Meet.

Please check back for updates!"
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Mister_E

OH I thought it was only on Thursday I forgot it was on for 2 days, man I almost had a Heart Attack, my little sister as school on Thursdays so you know where I am coming from.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

LordKefka

Awesome. There are two days for SWAP meets now. I was upset last year when it was only one day.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

FanFicGuru

It was two days last year from what I remember...I remember they've had it Thursday night for the last couple years...and Friday night too.

W00t swap meet.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

LordKefka

Maybe it wasn't in the schedule since I only remember Friday night. But yeah, I was there Thursday and didn't hear anything about it happening since the place where swap meet at is in e-gaming room (and of course that wasn't opened and ready yet)
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

fold

YAY, swap meet! i will be there both nights!
are you my one and only pumpkin?

..still searching...

~~Loktera~~

Wow, this seems like a good chance to hawk off some of my older space-takers... and dear lord do I have some of that laying around.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

IamTetsuo

Quote from: LordKefka on February 26, 2008, 03:13:23 PM
Maybe it wasn't in the schedule since I only remember Friday night. But yeah, I was there Thursday and didn't hear anything about it happening since the place where swap meet at is in e-gaming room (and of course that wasn't opened and ready yet)

Huh?  It was in the eGaming room and it most definitely open.  I know this because I bought a couple of things there after the concert.

Shinsengumi

I don't know if I'm showing up on that thursday, I'm still thinking of selling some stuff if not on thursday but on friday. I'll find out soon.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

LordKefka

Quote from: IamTetsuo on February 28, 2008, 11:03:42 AM

Huh?  It was in the eGaming room and it most definitely open.  I know this because I bought a couple of things there after the concert.

It sounded confusing the way I said it, but I meant that I don't remember there being more than one day for swap meet (as in I don't remember Thursday had a swap meet). As far as I remember, Friday was the day (I think?) that all those people were lining up outside waiting to get in. 
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jun-Watarase

IIRC, there was a swap meet on Thursday.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LordKefka

Must have went to one or the other day then.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

IamTetsuo

Quote from: LordKefka on February 28, 2008, 01:28:34 PM
Quote from: IamTetsuo on February 28, 2008, 11:03:42 AM

It sounded confusing the way I said it, but I meant that I don't remember there being more than one day for swap meet (as in I don't remember Thursday had a swap meet). As far as I remember, Friday was the day (I think?) that all those people were lining up outside waiting to get in. 

My answer was a little confusing too.  There was a swap meet both on Thursday and Friday, I attended on both days.  The Friday swap meet was more crowded and more people were selling, but a good amount of sellers and buyers were there on Thursday too.

Eurobeat King

I probably will sell more stuff on Thursday night at the Swap Meet.  I have some time until May to figure out what I have left to sell, and if I sell the most stuff on Thursday, I may not do the one on Friday night. 
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

crowchylde

I'm hoping to sell some stuff this year for the first time but i'm a wee bit ignorant of the selling process for thursday night.
Is it just a first come first serve, pay the sellers fee for thursday night & how soon should I show up?
I would like to sell on fri. night as well but the page says it is full.

Thanks
It's like I was an insect that dreampt he was a man & loved it. But now the insect is awake & the Dream is over

Keys

Don't forget to fill out and bring this form:

http://www.fanime.com/file_download/25/2008SwapMeetApplication.pdf

Thursday is first come, first serve.  The event starts at 7:30pm.  You may want to show up slightly before that.   Everyone needs a badge, so I don't think people can show up too too early because Pre-Reg pick up doesn't start until 5pm.  Last year we didn't come close to filling up the room, so there was really no need to line up at all.  This year we may have spread the word a little better, so things may be different - but it's still Day 0, Pre-reg only and on a work/school night, so who knows.