Would you buy....

Started by kimono_hime, February 26, 2008, 09:02:44 PM

kimono_hime

LOL! my tax refund (I have two adorable deductions  :P ) is going to help me stock the booth.

I forgot to mention the kanzashi I should be getting soon from an artist here in the US. She does beautiful work. I'm still sorting out the details with her, and I'm really looking forward to having her pieces at my booth. They are sooooo pretty.

Moonblossom

It wouldn't be Gaijin Geisha's work, would it? She makes awesome stuff, and she's really nice.

Unfortunately I recently chopped off most of my hair, but if you have any adapted into metal clip barettes or something, that would be awesome.

Also, I checked out your site, when you say you'll be bringing some of your accessories and original pieces, I hope you mean things like the scarves and messenger bags, they are beautiful, and an awesome way to bring some kimono beauty to more modern outfits.

kimono_hime

No, not Gaijin Geisha's work, but yes, there should be some with clips. I'll request some at any rate.

And yes! I am making more bags and scarves to bring to the show.

Kazuko

ah i love kimonos but I have a Yukata since thats what I could afford plus it was summer when I went to japan

=) some accesories would be darling! especially getting hairpins and geta

Moonblossom

Quote from: kimono_hime on March 05, 2008, 10:43:04 PM
No, not Gaijin Geisha's work, but yes, there should be some with clips. I'll request some at any rate.

And yes! I am making more bags and scarves to bring to the show.
Ooh, another kanzashi maker, I can't wait to see her work! I think it's awesome that more people are learning how to make them, especially here in North America.

kimono_hime

Oh noes! Apparently Gaijin Geisha no longer makes kanzashi for sale (yes, I looked her up and her work is amazing).

Moonblossom

Avairrianna

I totally would! Good idea!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Glitch

I would indeed buy. I was disappointed last year at no kimono both. Especially since I skipped out on buying one at japan-town because I thought "they'll have them at fanime. no worries."

KamijoIsLove

Would you, by any chance, have some furisode for sale? I'm looking for one.

Or anything with crane patterns. =3

Moonblossom

A friend of mine is sending me a box of miscellaneous kitsuke accessories and things she picked up somewhere, and has no idea what they are, but from the looks of things there's a really cute pink striped hanhaba obi in there. So I may drag it along with me and see if I can find a yukata that looks good with it ^.^

phoenixphire24

I am going to raid your booth.  :D

Kazuko

Have you thought of selling things from puchimaiko?
http://www.puchimaiko.com/catalog/index.php
they sell lots of pretty things especially kanzashi

=) im excited

heeroyuy135

Rei-Rei

Oooooh. Kimono booth. ^^
I was wondering if you'll be selling these items at your both?
Kantan Han'eri (Easy Collar)
Koshihimo (Think strips of cloth for holding the kimono together)
Datejime (Narrow flat cloth belt)
Obimakura (Kimono pillow for the obi)
And the kimono under-wear.

If you are can you give me a rough estimate of the price? >.>;

And what's the price range on your kimonos and Yukatas and obis?

kimono_hime

As far as accessories, I'm working on it. Most of what I'd like to carry I can't get wholesale from Japan so I'm stuck either paying as much as you would to get it off ebay, or making it myself. I don't like the idea of paying retail plus shipping from Japan just so I can jack the prices on you. Not nice. I won't be going to Japan before the show so I can't pick up a bunch of these at a shop, either.  :(

I make koshihimo from strips of muslin, and those are free if you buy a kimono from me. If I dress you at the show, you'll be wearing them, anyway! And no one will know they're just plain cotton, because they're hidden.

Price range for kimono, juban, yukata, etc will start at $30 and up, obi should be around $60 and up for nagoya and fukuro. I'm still getting in new items, so prices are not totally set.

Moonblossom

Oh no T_T It's so much easier to justify buying a bunch when they're so affordable!

Rei-Rei

Do you know which corner of the center you're going to be located at? ^^

kimono_hime

No idea. I've been told I have a booth, but haven't received any info from the organizers yet. It's a big show run by a lot of busy volunteers, so that is to be expected, I guess. :)

psst... hey, organizers, send me some info!  ;)

kimono_hime

Okay, I'm finally officially listed as a vendor. Phew!

So far I've been amassing as many kimono as I can, including a lot of hitoe (unlined) pieces since Cali is warmer than Oregon and I'm sure you don't want to be sweating buckets. My geta stash has already been raided and I'm really low on those, but hey, flip flops are good in a pinch, so bring some if you plan to buy a kimono to wear and don't have geta.

I'm getting the kanzashi order sorted, and the pieces are really nice, including some simple clips and fancier combs.

I will be taking credit cards and paypal (if I get internet sorted out), and cash is always lovely. Checks, not so much.