Would you buy....

Started by kimono_hime, February 26, 2008, 09:02:44 PM

Moonblossom

Awesome to know you'll be taking credit cards, that's very handy.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: kimono_hime on April 30, 2008, 03:48:06 PM
Okay, I'm finally officially listed as a vendor. Phew!

So far I've been amassing as many kimono as I can, including a lot of hitoe (unlined) pieces since Cali is warmer than Oregon and I'm sure you don't want to be sweating buckets. My geta stash has already been raided and I'm really low on those, but hey, flip flops are good in a pinch, so bring some if you plan to buy a kimono to wear and don't have geta.

I'm getting the kanzashi order sorted, and the pieces are really nice, including some simple clips and fancier combs.

I will be taking credit cards and paypal (if I get internet sorted out), and cash is always lovely. Checks, not so much.

I'm glad you're taking credit card (or paypal). I hate carrying around lots of cash and so far, you're probably going to be my most expensive booth >.<

Rei-Rei

kimono_hime

Holeee carp. My tabi dealer just totally bailed on me.  :(

I guess that leaves more money for me to buy kanzashi!  :)

Moonblossom

Aww!

Kanzashi are much prettier than most tabi anyways ;P

Did you get my last PM, if you don't mind me asking here?

Kyokun

Quote from: kimono_hime on April 30, 2008, 03:48:06 PM
My geta stash has already been raided and I'm really low on those, but hey, flip flops are good in a pinch, so bring some if you plan to buy a kimono to wear and don't have geta.
Oh, damn, I really wanted to pick up a pair of geta, too.  :(  I have a set of men's, but no women's.

kimono_hime

Moonblossom, yes! I finally sent you a reply. Thanks for the reminder.  :)

Kyokun, I'll see what I can do.  ;)

BTW, I've been informed I'll be at booth #404.  ;D

heeroyuy135

Rei-Rei

Quote from: kimono_hime on May 05, 2008, 10:50:02 PM
Moonblossom, yes! I finally sent you a reply. Thanks for the reminder.  :)

Kyokun, I'll see what I can do.  ;)

BTW, I've been informed I'll be at booth #404.  ;D
Prepare to get raided!  :P

phoenixphire24

What day/time will you be ready to start selling? Will you be there all con or only a day or two? I'm hoping to get to your booth ASAP upon arrival.

Aki_fox

THANK GOD YOU ARE COMMING TO FANIME!!!!!!
I need you cause I need to finish my Kimmono.
How much are the accesories to the Kimmono? (the belt or bow, Sorry I don't know the correct name for it)
What colors do you carry?

Moonblossom

The belt is called the obi, and you'll need to learn to tie it into a bow yourself, though I'm sure she will be happy to show you. There's also the Immortal Geisha panels on how to wear kimono that will help you out.

Aki_fox

Quote from: Moonblossom on May 08, 2008, 07:05:58 AM
The belt is called the obi, and you'll need to learn to tie it into a bow yourself, though I'm sure she will be happy to show you. There's also the Immortal Geisha panels on how to wear kimono that will help you out.
^ ^ Thank you!!!!!! I'm so freakin happy for your help!!! Now I can search the internet for instructions on how to put it on!

Aki_fox

I think my kimono is a yukata (are those the ones with short sleves?) ^ ^ Or it could be that I have really long arms! I am 5' 7'' and I don't think my body type wears kimono's much (I could be wrong!)
Oh If you have any obi that are orange or eggplant (purple) I'm very much would love to see them and maybe by one. Though, I do have a question... Can you wear a kimono with just the obi or do you need koshi-himo belt, a date-jime belt and a obi-jimi?
I've never worn a kimono in my life so this is all new.

Moonblossom

Yukata are light unlined cotton kimonos, usually with a cheerful printed pattern. If you have a yukata, getting dressed will still require a few accessories, but it's a lot easier generally.

Aki_fox

Oh, then I don't have that one then. Mine is lined and has a busy pattern and the matterial is almost silk like but it's not. Kinda hard to explain. Might as well take a picture of it.

Moonblossom

I am just posting a quick note on kimono_hime' behalf - She has been having a lot of trouble connecting to the Fanime boards for a while now, so if she has not replied to a PM you've sent, please don't worry. If you need to get in touch with her regarding the booth or anything, please email her at info at kimonomomo dot com. (email broken down to prevent spam).

Thanks!

kimono_hime

Let me just say thank you MOONBLOSSOM!

I'm in today, but yes, please do email me directly as I still have trouble answering messages and posts here. The forum pages load and load and never get anywhere and I get frustrated. Today it's good, so who knows. I blame the internet elves.

I have very limited stock of everything but I will have the following:

Shoyeido incense
Sashiko supplies (kits, thread, etc)
some craft books and shibori DVD
random Japanese fabrics (cotton and silk)
kimono (furisode, kurotomesode, hitoe, meisen, etc)
haori
michiyuki
obi (hanhaba, nagoya, fukuro)
obijime
tabi
kanzashi
uchikake
myamiari
yukata
geta
juban
Folkwear patterns (for kimono, etc so you can make your own)
...and anything else I can think of between now and then.

**NO obi makura (pillows) or other bits like collar stiffeners, velcro belts, that sort of thing. When I can get them in bulk from Japan I will have them on my website, kimonomomo dot com. Sorry!

If you buy a kimono from me, I will do my best to dress you, but please understand this takes a lot of time and I am also trying to sell. If you are already wearing a kimono and need a little adjustment, I can probably do that too.

If I ask to take your picture at the show I will also give you my business card. That way you can contact me later and I can email you a copy of the pic. I use the pics for personal reference and not publicity unless you want me to, in which case I would need something in writing from you first. If you're okay with me posting your pic on flickr, let me know. NO PHOTOS I TAKE WILL BE PUBLIC WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

My able bodied assistant Chad will be around Saturday and Sunday. He's a cutie so stop by and say hello! I am super excited to be meeting all of you soon. If I don't have what you are looking for at the show, I will have more stock in June and I ship all over the world.

kimono_hime

One more thing--

If you are coming to Fanime in regular clothes and plan to change into kimono, I suggest wearing a tank top or sports bra (for the ladies, of course), something without an underwire. I usually wear a tank/cami with minimal support because you don't want excessive boobage, you really need to underplay the cleavage as much as possible. BE COMFORTABLE. Kimono are wonderful to wear, but they can be heavy and hot in warmer weather. Consider that your underclothes need to be light and breathable so you don't want to pass out later in the day.

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them here as long as my computer and this site are working together in harmony.

Rei-Rei

>.>;
I have a couple of questions for you, though I've tried messaging you on the forums, but I'm not sure that you have gotten it...
Do you have an email that I could use to contact you with?
Thanks.