Official E-Gaming Tournament list/ rules

Started by JTchinoy, February 27, 2008, 12:16:37 AM

JTchinoy

Hi everyone, this thread is the official list of all official tournaments that E-gaming will be holding.
I'll be the coordinator for these tournaments.  :)
-As of right now all tournaments are going to be console. 
-If circumstances deem necessary, I may talk to the owner of the arcade machines to allow us to use them for tournament use.  No guarantee on this.
-All tournaments will be standard double elimination.
-You may bring your own controllers, but no programmed/ shoulder buttons allowed.  We will provide regular controllers otherwise. (Disclaimer: All controllers owned and used by Fanime attendants are not the liability of Fanime nor its staff.  If your controllers break while in use at fanime, we're not held liable.)
-All tournaments will be bracketed using standard tournament brackets and seeding.
-Pausing during a match will forfeit you 1 game, even if it's on accident.
-Certain glitches will be banned from these tournaments. Clarification of which glitches will be stated per game. 
-If you are not present when called for your match you will forfeit 1 game if we have to do a different match.  If you are not present after the replacement match you will forfeit that match.
-If you are entered in more than 1 tournament that are active simultaneously, we will not penalize you if you're currently completing a match in a different E-gaming tournament.  You will be notified that your match has been called and expected to attend your match immediately after your current match has been finished.
-If you accidentally pick the wrong character (for fighting games) you may restart to pick the correct character.  You are expected to IMMEDIATELY state that you picked the wrong character.
-For fighting games, the winner of a game must stick to their character for the following game.  Loser may change character.
-If a player wants to keep their character for the match secret, to avoid counter-picking, they may tell the tournament coordinator their character(s).  The coordinator will pick these character(s) after the other player picks theirs.  If both players opt for this choice, the coordinator will input the characters for both players.
This list will be subject to change if new official rules are found and more games will be added as rules are finalized.

Bleach Blade Battlers 2nd           
+1st prize is $70 credit for any games at Japan Video
+2nd prize is $40 credit for any games at Japan Video
+32 player cap
3 stock 2/3 games

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection                     
+1st & 2nd place winners gets prizes
+32 person cap
3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches, double elimination

Marvel VS. Capcom 2 New Age of Heroes tournament (dreamcast) 
+32 person cap
2/3 games

Street Fighters III 3rd Strike tournament         
+32 person cap
2/3 rounds, 2/3 games

Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus
+32 person cap
2/3 rounds 2/3 games
Guilty Gear has always banned Kliff & Justice, EX characters, Gold & Shadow characters, and Guilty Gear 1 mode, no #reload characters.

Melty Blood (version b)
+32 person cap
Default settings (2/3 rounds, 2/3 games)

BeatMania II DX 13th Style Distorted or 14th Style Gold
+Highest score wins
+32 person cap
1 game per person per match

Guitar Hero 3
+32 person cap
1 game per person per match

Super Smash Bros Brawl
+32 person cap
+3 stock, 2/3 games

Capcom vs SNK 2 (Dreamcast)
+32 person cap
2/3 games

Soul Calibur 3
+32 player cap
2/3 rounds, 2/3 games

Naruto Clash of Ninja 4
+32 person cap
2/3 rounds, 2/3 games

The only tournaments currently guaranteed to have prizes are the ones with prizes already listed for them.  Any game without prizes listed will have tournaments if more than 8 players sign up per game, but no prizes are guaranteed.  If no prizes are available, we may be giving out championship certificates instead.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Tsubasa

What's the policy on BYOC?

Quote from: JTchinoy on February 27, 2008, 12:16:37 AM
Melty Blood (version b probably)
Default settings (2/3 rounds, 2/3 games)

I'll be playing in this.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

clawmaster

for the marvel vs capcom 2 tourny is that using controllers is it the arcade machine.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Chloe

Whoa, are you going to be running all of these? 

That's going to be quite a bit...

What about VF5? D: lol, no one plays that game.
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

abcbadcat

Im in for Bleach, Halo, and Guitar Hero 3.

Im not super good at any of these games but they're fun so I'll play.

If there is Brawl or Soul Calibur 3... I will be in for sure.

Brawl is super fun.

I would be in for Tekken but I can't combo chain.
I would also be in for Third Strike but I would get raped.

JTchinoy

I'm probably going to have 2 people assisting me in running the tournaments.

I haven't been told to have a VF5 tournament as of yet so it's off the lists for now.

If you're doubtful in any game, practice makes perfect :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

Quote from: JTchinoy on February 27, 2008, 12:45:23 PM
I'm probably going to have 2 people assisting me in running the tournaments.

I haven't been told to have a VF5 tournament as of yet so it's off the lists for now.

If you're doubtful in any game, practice makes perfect :)

Oh, I can play Expert on Guitar Hero 3 but I can't beat TtFaF or many of the final tier songs.

I play Halo 3 almost every day and I don't have a PS2 anymore to practice Bleach/Soul Calibur 3/Tekken.

Im decent at Third Strike but I suck at the arcade and usually get raped.

Oh well... its all in good fun.

JTchinoy

Tournaments are free, so no harm in entering... well maybe a little, but it's ok.  ;D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

Quote from: JTchinoy on February 27, 2008, 04:50:56 PM
Tournaments are free, so no harm in entering... well maybe a little, but it's ok.  ;D

Just make sure glitches are not allowed.

Last year I tried to play Soul Calibur 3 against some guy... he kept using that Lizardman glitch that perma stuns you which lead to a two hit ring out.

NOT FAIR!

Also, what about DS games?

Such as Jump Ultimate Stars, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Metriod Prime Hunters, etc.

JTchinoy

Yes, all glitches are banned.  I don't know every glitch in every game, but i'll try to compose a list of the known glitches.  I'll probably need the players to help me such glitches if they're used.

I should probably add that to my main post.  Thanks for reminding me.

We're not looking into portable console tournaments to my knowledge.  Sorry :( Only home game consoles.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

May I ask or find out where to ask what the rules for the halo 3 tournament will be (default or MLG)?
Will We be playing 1.0(out of the box) or 1.1(updated online)?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Tsubasa

Quote from: JTchinoy on February 27, 2008, 09:37:32 PM
Yes, all glitches are banned.  I don't know every glitch in every game, but i'll try to compose a list of the known glitches.  I'll probably need the players to help me such glitches if they're used.

I think that should be "all major balance-breaking glitches are banned."  A lot of fighting games have glitches that are still allowed under standard tourney rules.  This obviously varies from game to game.
-Tsubasa

JTchinoy

Looking around, the only glitch that I've found that's notable as "unfair" for the fighting games listed thus far is the VC glitch for SC3.
Based on other tournaments, you're allowed to VC glitch "post-GI" (is this guard impact??) but not attack.
And I see the stun rethrow setup isn't allowed.
Can someone confrim GI = guard impact? or whatever it means.
Well SC3 isn't confirmed for tournament yet, but if we do confirm it I'll be sure to have this rule.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Tsubasa

-Tsubasa

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Narutotaku

Konychiwa Otaku elite and all sub-species of anime/manga fan(Genshiken),

I still suggest Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3. It has summoning, all 5 Hokage, and the graphics are better than the Wii version Naruto games!!!  8)
"Time flys when your having fun"(unknown)
"Time blasts off like a NASA space shuttle when you cosplay at FanimeCon"(Narutotaku)
<"http://member.square-enix.com/na/"><"http://member.square-enix.com/na/data/signature/16916.gif">

JTchinoy

I'll talk to my boss about it next time I see him.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Chewie

Does that controller disclaimer apply to those people loaning their equipment to fanime for the tourneys?

JTchinoy

If you're optionally bringing a controller for your own personal use or to let others use during the tournament, we're not responsible.  It's the same disclaimer as any event/ location giving the disclaimer of holding no responsibility for lost/ stolen/ broken items.

Items lent to us at our request is a different story.  This situation will be handled as it arises.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X