Official E-Gaming Tournament list/ rules

Started by JTchinoy, February 27, 2008, 12:16:37 AM

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

We are going to use the GG Accent Core Playstation 2 Import Version for the Tourney.  Not the US Version.  The Japanese Version of this has the bugs fixed.  No word of a fixed version of GG Accent Core coming to America as far as I know.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Mizuki

Quote from: Tsuchimi Rin-chan on March 15, 2008, 10:23:40 AM
We are going to use the GG Accent Core Playstation 2 Import Version for the Tourney.  Not the US Version.  The Japanese Version of this has the bugs fixed.  No word of a fixed version of GG Accent Core coming to America as far as I know.

There is no reason to. US version has bug fixes minus I think it was Johnny's jackhound wasn't jump installed or some crap. I don't care, I just run up dp with Sol, Daigo umecanicviper style.

I am wondering though, how will you guys have PC's set up for MBAC. If you need a consultant for setting up MBAC lag-free for the pc, drop me a pm.

HentaiTentacleDemon

JTchinoy

Quote from: illuminazn on March 14, 2008, 04:21:38 PM
JTChinoy,
I was just wondering if you still needed help with the CoD4 rules and such, as I can provide help for you along with advice.
If you need me, just send me a message and ill get back to you ASAP.

Don't want you to take the burden alone.

thanks a lot! i'll let you know after i talk to my boss some more.  there's a couple issues at hand that suddenly came to light during the last meeting that i've been pondering over. after i clear this up i'll message you. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=595.0

This thread contains ALJ Tournament maker and TIO's tournament maker. I used ALJ back in my tourney running days at WT and it's very simple. I think it's Vista compatable. If you have any questions running it drop me a PM. I have no idea how to use TIO's maybe I'll download it and tinker with it and post back here.

xiaomei

Is there a time to sign up for the tournaments or do we just join in? ^^
就算世界 與我為敵 我超喜歡你 !

JTchinoy

Sign ups will be held starting friday all the way until 30 minutes before the tournament start time.

thanks mizuki!

just to throw this out there, some tournaments MAY be cancelled due to lack of prizes  >:(

i need to figure it all out.  :o

confirmed for sure are all import game tournaments, since those have prizes.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 19, 2008, 05:48:55 PM
Sign ups will be held starting friday all the way until 30 minutes before the tournament start time.

thanks mizuki!

just to throw this out there, some tournaments MAY be cancelled due to lack of prizes  >:(

i need to figure it all out.  :o

confirmed for sure are all import game tournaments, since those have prizes.
:o Not The H3 tournament!?!

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

i can't say at the moment.
with lack of prizes i don't see a point in some tournaments unless you guys would be happy with championship certificates of fanime  8)
if people are happy with that, i'd gladly make those, lol.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 19, 2008, 05:55:35 PM
i can't say at the moment.
with lack of prizes i don't see a point in some tournaments unless you guys would be happy with championship certificates of fanime  8)
if people are happy with that, i'd gladly make those, lol.
I would be.
As they say, well only me:
"Win for the pride, not for the prize"

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

I may run some unofficial pride tournaments then if things are going the way i think they are then :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 19, 2008, 06:18:31 PM
I may run some unofficial pride tournaments then if things are going the way i think they are then :)

Yay!!!

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mizuki

I still win CvS2.

I still lose CvS2 against PyronIkari.

xiaomei

for brawl, will it be 1vs1 or something else? like a team battle/free for all o.o?
就算世界 與我為敵 我超喜歡你 !

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

M

Quote from: Mizuki on March 19, 2008, 09:19:00 PMI still lose CvS2 against PyronIkari.
PyronIkari sucks at CvS2. I'll beat him anyday (I know his weakness!).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

xiaomei

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 20, 2008, 09:10:50 PM
it'll be 1v1
okay, thanks ^o^

do we stick with one character through the whole SSBB tournament or can we choose new ones?
就算世界 與我為敵 我超喜歡你 !

PyronIkari

Quote from: MPLe on March 21, 2008, 10:37:10 AM
Quote from: Mizuki on March 19, 2008, 09:19:00 PMI still lose CvS2 against PyronIkari.
PyronIkari sucks at CvS2. I'll beat him anyday (I know his weakness!).

Jae Kinetic picture?

JTchinoy

Quote from: xiaomei on March 21, 2008, 07:11:20 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on March 20, 2008, 09:10:50 PM
it'll be 1v1
okay, thanks ^o^

do we stick with one character through the whole SSBB tournament or can we choose new ones?

it's in my first post.  during a match, winner keeps character and loser may switch.  if you lose the 2nd game, you may now switch and your opponent must keep their character.

you may change your character at anytime except at the mentioned situation.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

xiaomei

Sorry for asking so much but, how do you sign up @___@?!
就算世界 與我為敵 我超喜歡你 !