Official E-Gaming Tournament list/ rules

Started by JTchinoy, February 27, 2008, 12:16:37 AM

Japanvideogames

hmm ill try to think of something but also let others give advice on what we can do.....(in other words people if you have any ideas how to make the Beatmania  tournament fair for everyone give some ideas)

Judging I don't think will be necessary. I don't care for style, skill, just people doing there best and having fun. But when people don't join cause they know they will lose or don't try just kinda kills the fun.

JTchinoy

There's nothing we can do if people are doubtful in themselves.  It's not like I'm stating any favorites to win myself.  Anyone can be the underdog and cause a major upset (so to say)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Japanvideogames

yea but i've been to tons of bemani tournaments and its usually always the same guys who win. Same applies even for Guitar Hero.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Japanvideogames on April 16, 2008, 01:55:21 PM
yea but i've been to tons of bemani tournaments and its usually always the same guys who win. Same applies even for Guitar Hero.
Well it's fanime, not a tournament made by the bemani/ guitar hero community.

I'm sure there's an underdog in fanime that nobody knows about. ;)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Barnes

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 03, 2008, 09:30:31 PM
no items. final smash is hax :)

So wait, that means NO Final Smash? If so, then boo. FS makes the game more interesting.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

JTchinoy

Well once you get a final smash you effectively got a free kill.  That's not how tournaments are meant to go.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

I agree, Final Smash just doesn't work for completive play.

Some smashes are HAX0R powerful while others are N00BISHLY weak, which breaks game balance.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Japanvideogames

only when theres 4 kirbys, or princess peaches on the field should there be final smashes!!

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

I am in for...

Halo 3
Brawl
Soul Calibur 3
Ah hell... Tekken DR and Third Strike.

:D

*is still working on his Tekken skill*

I can combo but I can't juggle... I suck at that.

Im decent at Third Strike... not anything special but I can hold my own... at times lol.

takkun

I wanna play 3S but I don't have a stick.  DDD:

I can play GGXX: AA on controller somewhat, but I never play GG with anyone so I'm probably pretty scrubby.  =/

asuka245

Quote from: Japanvideogames on April 16, 2008, 01:55:21 PM
Well I do Agree with u on that..Since MGL & SVGL,CVGL.
Most of the Hardcore Beatmania Players go to Fanime con every year still..So there could be some major Tournaments still at Fanime like  DDR,POP N Music & Beatmania II DX..
that would go very well around here still.
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09

PyronIkari

Not that this will apply to 99% of people(probably only me if I do play).

3S tourney. Can supers be changed if you win?

I.E. Blind pick, I pick Necro, they pick Ken. I win, they switch to Yun. Am I allowed to switch supers to Magnetic Storm? Essentially that match is incredibly one sided as it is, but having Magnetic Storm, Necro has an actual counter to dive kick traps instead of having to blind guess parry(which is like 10% damage to Yun if Necro guesses right some how, and 80% damage to Necro if he guesses wrong).

Same with Makoto, SA II against Ken, Ken wins, can Makoto switch to SA1 if Ken player switches to Chun or mirror matches?

JTchinoy

I'm going to go with a yes at this point in time.

Seeing as how most players I've seen have been using single super characters, I've never had this scenario occur.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

I would ask for this but if I play I'm only playing Chun...

EI EI HUP EI HUP HUP EI EI.

kay0ss

Finally, a IIDX tournament :>

I'll definitely be in for that, along with 3rd Strike and BRAWL.

onimusha

Quote from: kay0ss on April 23, 2008, 12:19:54 PM
Finally, a IIDX tournament :>

I'll definitely be in for that, along with 3rd Strike and BRAWL.
Yeah I hope there's many iidx player entering.  I'm gonna enter only the Guitar Hero 3 tourney.

JTchinoy

Due to the concerns of certain Fanime attendants, all M rated games have been removed from the E-gaming tournaments.  To my knowledge this has only removed Halo3 and CoD4.  All fighting games are still running as of this moment.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 04, 2008, 04:51:24 PM
...certain Fanime attendants...
...M rated games...
...removed from the tournaments...
...knowledge...
...removed Halo3...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!111!!!!1!ONE1!!!!!1!1!!!11!1!!!!1!!!!!

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mizuki

PyronIkari, do you have a DC converter I could use?