Official E-Gaming Tournament list/ rules

Started by JTchinoy, February 27, 2008, 12:16:37 AM

xRaMeNx117

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 11, 2008, 12:56:08 AM
Quote from: abcbadcat on May 10, 2008, 10:18:18 PM
I don't know how to play most of those games "well" on the Otaku tournament thing but I want to play Halo.
Indeed
ditto
If its due to con regulations then I can understand but if not then it think it needs to be reconsidered. I would say have the M tournaments after hours at 10pm or later and have it 18+(id with sighn up) if that's the case.
XBL GamerTag: xViciousxRamenx

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: xRaMeNx117 on May 11, 2008, 03:07:32 AM
I don't know how to play most of those games "well" on the Otaku tournament thing but I want to play Halo.
Indeed
ditto
If its due to con regulations then I can understand but if not then it think it needs to be reconsidered. I would say have the M tournaments after hours at 10pm or later and have it 18+(id with sighn up) if that's the case.

17+

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Loco:Neko

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 11, 2008, 11:04:54 AM
Indeed
ditto

17+

yes 17

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Loco:Neko on May 11, 2008, 12:19:44 PM
Indeed
ditto

17+

yes 17

The sucky thing about it is Ill be 16.
And yet my birthday is exactly 1 month after the third day.

Maybe I can bring a permission slip from my mom!!!

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 11, 2008, 03:41:54 PM
Quote from: Loco:Neko on May 11, 2008, 12:19:44 PM
Indeed
ditto

17+

yes 17

The sucky thing about it is Ill be 16.
And yet my birthday is exactly 1 month after the third day.

Maybe I can bring a permission slip from my mom!!!

So you're screwed either way, no use trying to get the game in then. :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Loco:Neko

Well HE may be screwed but there are more people who want this game in. Is there anyway we can find out why this was decided?

PyronIkari

Quote from: Loco:Neko on May 12, 2008, 12:04:01 PM
Well HE may be screwed but there are more people who want this game in. Is there anyway we can find out why this was decided?

Are you seriously asking this?

Because it's an M rated game.

I don't know the exact laws and bindings about it, but playing it safe... By allowing an M rated game in a public tournament, they can be breaking limitation laws. It's like... playing a rated R movie publically. It's not allowed without carding everyone there. This would cause more problems than it's worth.

xRaMeNx117

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 12, 2008, 12:35:30 PM

I don't know the exact laws and bindings about it, but playing it safe... By allowing an M rated game in a public tournament, they can be breaking limitation laws. It's like... playing a rated R movie publically. It's not allowed without carding everyone there. This would cause more problems than it's worth.

I think what's ment here is why was this decision made? As in was it the con? Was it parents? Or did someone just wake up and say no m rated games! I would like a better explaination.

PyronIkari

Quote from: xRaMeNx117 on May 12, 2008, 01:19:29 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on May 12, 2008, 12:35:30 PM

I think what's ment here is why was this decision made? As in was it the con? Was it parents? Or did someone just wake up and say no m rated games! I would like a better explaination.

What part of "THE LAW" being an issue, don't you get?

JTchinoy

It's the law, parents were voicing their "concerns" last year, and so it's cut.
That's all I was told and that's enough for me.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Places like EB-Games and such Have had Halo and other M rated tournaments in the past.

And why can't we just use some backroom at the convention center for this?

Card all the players to see if there 17 or not.

Now Lt knows Lt wont be playing this year, but if Lt can help getting M-rated games back this year, Lt can play them next year.

Besides, If Lt played in the Halo 3 tournament, I know Lt will win. Its a fact of life that Lt would win.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 12, 2008, 02:47:42 PM
Places like EB-Games and such Have had Halo and other M rated tournaments in the past.

Now Lt knows Lt wont be playing this year, but if Lt can help getting M-rated games back this year, Lt can play them next year.

Besides, If Lt played in the Halo 3 tournament, I know Lt will win. Its a fact of life that Lt would win.

THose EB's could get in major trouble with Microsoft and coorporate if anyone complained or brought it up. Why not have it in a back room? Well.. then it wouldn't be a public tournament would it? It's way more of a pain in the ass than it's worth to appease the 6 people that really care that much. Here's a better idea.

THROW YOUR OWN GOD DAMNED HALO TOURNAMENT IN YOUR ROOM. The con would rather not get in trouble with the law. It's not that hard to understand.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 12, 2008, 02:58:00 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 12, 2008, 02:47:42 PM

THose EB's could get in major trouble with Microsoft and coorporate if anyone complained or brought it up. Why not have it in a back room? Well.. then it wouldn't be a public tournament would it? It's way more of a pain in the ass than it's worth to appease the 6 people that really care that much. Here's a better idea.

THROW YOUR OWN GOD DAMNED HALO TOURNAMENT IN YOUR ROOM. The con would rather not get in trouble with the law. It's not that hard to understand.

But than it wouldnt be a Fanime event...

Oh well, Lts not going to Fanime simply for a tornament.

Besides, come June, Lt will have more than enough Halo while Coaching Lts MLG team.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

xRaMeNx117

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 12, 2008, 02:11:28 PM
ok that's a better answer. I can live with that. Other then just because its a mature game.

Pyron: man dude you don't need to be a dick all the time.

zemric

sorry to burst the bubble of people and the 17 law but the guy who said 18 is right. for ca idk about other states but look up ca law about games and m rated games are 18+. don't yell at me but check ca state law.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: zemric on May 12, 2008, 06:40:10 PM
sorry to burst the bubble of people and the 17 law but the guy who said 18 is right. for ca idk about other states but look up ca law about games and m rated games are 18+. don't yell at me but check ca state law.

Give us a link.
I have never been told by anyone that M rated games are 18+ in California, and any store I have gone too has told me 17+, even the game boxes say it. I wonder how California treats AO-rated games (21 and over LOL)?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

M games are 17+ that's what makes them M.

AO games are 18+.

It says so on the package, and if a store refuses to sell you an M game at age 17, you can complain and you will win. I worked at Gamestop, and I worked at various game companies. The enforcement of the law however varies per-state. Technically the ESRB rating is only a guideline and has to actual worth within itself. However, states have made their own laws concerning them. In New York for example,  it's illegal to sell an M rated game to a minor, but not illegal to purchase an M rated game if you're a minor.

The ESRB is an indepent company, they are not a government sanctioned company.

JTchinoy

You guys keep dreaming up your fanime M rated tournaments if you want, or arguing for them.

You're now beating a dead horse.  Enjoy.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

We had Gears of War last year, Halo ain't shit compared to Gears in terms of brutality.

JTchinoy

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 12, 2008, 02:11:28 PM
I could only guess that Gears of War was included in this list of concerns.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X