Trinity Blood gathering '08

Started by vasher, February 27, 2008, 07:11:57 AM

vasher

Ok fellow TB cosplayers, let's try to find a good time to meet up. ^^

I'm guessing that these are going to be some of our main costumes, so how's about Saturday?  Probably at the fountains out front.  Afternoon sometime, then, to give us all time to wake up and get the overly complicated things on?  :) Maybe post a list of when you can/can't make it and work from there, and I'll go check about other gatherings.  Leaning towards 3:00...

Where:  Fountains
Day: Saturday
When: 3pm

Photoshoot at Saturday, 4:00pm with IamTetsuo.

Also having a Sunday gathering at 4pm, also by the fountains.

List of TB cosplayers:

vasher- Cain
Black Kawaii Kitty- Dietrich
the_Pink_Panther24- Dietrich
Katy- Isaak
kimu- Abel
Nightroad- Abel
Ifie- Tres
Attackthbloo- Esther
Ester-chan- Esther
Caterina
Sister Kate
Noelle (??)
Ion
squalo- Radu
z_mikarin- Dietrich
Takeriya_Hagi- Cain
blancoisma-Ion

Nightroad

Man that would be sooooooo fun!!!!!!! Sat. afternooon would work for me!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

kimu

I'm going to be debuting my Abel costume at Fanime. (It's in progress now.)

Saturday....
I'm in the Bleach gathering, and that group is planning extra events including a lunch run, lunch at the park, and some other fun games there.
I'm not sure what time that is going to wrap up, and I could change over after that. But then it'd be late afternoon, probably better around the 4 time or after....if that's okay?
Ukitake is an easy costume to change out of, but putting on the Abel is going to take a little time with all the leather buckles and bling. If I practice it enough to be able to speed dress maybe....LOL.

Sunday I've got the Rurouni Kenshin Gathering and Shonen Jump Gathering...but there's no extra events with those planned at this time.

I really want to get together with TB other cosplayers, it's been the most fun group of people online. :)

vasher

Oh woes, you two Abel's will go easy on me, right?  Right?

Okie-doke, 4pm is looking good, then.  :)  It'll keep us out of the worst heat, too, and we can get nice pics by the pillars.  Ah, you Vatican agents and your layers of black clothing. ;P  Not that I can talk, mind.  It takes the better part of an hour to get all my Crusnik junk on, and that's with my Dietrich doing most of the work.  XD

Nightroad

Yeah there are soooooo many layers... My Esther is looking forward to seeing you all!!! And so am I! This is going to be lots of fun!

kimu

Yes! With Esther, we outnumber the Orden!!!
(so far anyway!)
Cain asking us to go easy on him??? ha!

As for the heat, I have a little something in the works to help with that. ;)
And yes, Cain can't talk to us about layers! Of course, if we had a Swordancer, I'm sure he'd be happy to help you with some of those layers....
:D

I'll do my best to figure out my timing for everything to be ready as close to 4 as possible.
(And I sure hope there are no interesting panels on Saturday, I don't think I'm going to see much of the Con that day. Too much fun cosplaying.)

I also find it amusing Cain needs Dietrich to get dressed. I think there should be photos posted of that later...."Behind the Scenes in the Orden."
Kind of like the art piece where Cardinal Sforza has all those attendants getting her dressed.

Nightroad

Quote from: kimu on February 27, 2008, 07:17:17 PM
Yes! With Esther, we outnumber the Orden!!!
(so far anyway!)
Cain asking us to go easy on him??? ha!

As for the heat, I have a little something in the works to help with that. ;)
And yes, Cain can't talk to us about layers! Of course, if we had a Swordancer, I'm sure he'd be happy to help you with some of those layers....
:D

I'll do my best to figure out my timing for everything to be ready as close to 4 as possible.
(And I sure hope there are no interesting panels on Saturday, I don't think I'm going to see much of the Con that day. Too much fun cosplaying.)

I also find it amusing Cain needs Dietrich to get dressed. I think there should be photos posted of that later...."Behind the Scenes in the Orden."
Kind of like the art piece where Cardinal Sforza has all those attendants getting her dressed.

We don't have a sword dancer but I am convincing my friend to do Tres...OH! I haven't told you who alls in my group so far!(oops ^^')

Abel(me)
Tres(Ifie)
Esther
Catarina(depends on whether shes busy)
and Ion

Cain getting dressed up by Dietrich...FUNNY!!!!!!  Man I can't wait to meet you all and have tons of fun!!! (don't worry Cain it'll be one big family reunion!)

Oh other Abel, how are you doing your hair? I want to use temp dye or spray but white is a hard color to find...Any tips? (Comments fom people besides the other Abel are equally welcome!)

kimu

If I really let my bangs grow out, I could actually use my own hair for this...and I've used some temp stuff before when I only had 1 costume for a con and as I was just getting started into the fun world of cosplay.
But I'm heading into 'hard core' cosplay now, and going for the wigs. ;p
With 4 costumes and hair color changes, even though my own hair could suffice for the style, it's too much work to get a really good look for the color. The wigs will be a lot easier.
So I'll be sporting a wig!

If you are going to go with the temp spray route--because I would really suggest not using bleach on your hair--and for a "silver"/"silver blond" haired, pony-tailed Abel....make sure you get more than one can!! One can is not enough to get good coverage on long hair. Also be prepared that it might come off a bit on your collars and clothes. (And we AX Agents have some serious collars!! LOL!)
And for the spraying, I suggest the balcony of your hotel room--if there is one--to keep it from getting all over the bathroom or other stuff in your room. Or bring lots of trash bags to cover things. Put a hole in one and put it over yourself, too!!! (obviously with your head sticking out of the hole)
If you have a Sally's hair/make up supply store near you, they stock temp hair sprays. You can also try Manic Panic products that some Hot Topics carry. Look for the silvers or whites.

And it's great to hear you are coming with a group of TB cosplayers. It'll be worth the agony of changing costumes to hang out with everyone. Yeah for a Tres!!! And hopefully Caterina will be able to join us. :)
4 pm should work for Ion, right? Wouldn't want him getting fried by too much sun after all!
;)

vasher

Our little group has grown.  :D  *updates list*

Yeah, the whole Orden is really there just to help me get dressed.  World domination is secondary.  We'll defend ourselves best we can from you nefarious A/X agents.  ;)  Watch for brotherly hugs and decapitations!

I've used a wig for all my funny hair colored cosplays, because temp dye just does not show up on my long black hair, and the hairstyles can be troublesome to switch.  Heard good things about Manic Panic sprays, though, like kimu suggests.  If all else fails, I have a spare silver wig I was going to use for Sephiroth/Yazoo but decided against (no more black pleather for me!), so you could borrow that if you wanted.

Nightroad

Quote from: vasher on February 28, 2008, 01:35:19 PM
Our little group has grown.  :D  *updates list*

Yeah, the whole Orden is really there just to help me get dressed.  World domination is secondary.  We'll defend ourselves best we can from you nefarious A/X agents.  ;)  Watch for brotherly hugs and decapitations!

I've used a wig for all my funny hair colored cosplays, because temp dye just does not show up on my long black hair, and the hairstyles can be troublesome to switch.  Heard good things about Manic Panic sprays, though, like kimu suggests.  If all else fails, I have a spare silver wig I was going to use for Sephiroth/Yazoo but decided against (no more black pleather for me!), so you could borrow that if you wanted.

WOW!! Thanks if the spary dosen't work I might have to take you up on that offer!!! This family reunion will be one to rember!
I shall try to find Manic Panic spary, thank you for the tips!
Catarina is still on the edge, but I'll show her this forum this weekend to show her how much fun she'll have so be on your best behavior brother Cain! ;D( I know I don't need to worry about you Abel! ;))

kimu

Of course...the Abels have to stick together and help each other out!
It's a cruel cruel world out there. If the Orden isn't after you, or brother Cain (brotherly hugs? LOL!), it might be the T&E report to submit to the Boss. ;)
Yes, tell Catarina how much fun she'll have with everyone. Especially asking us if our receipts are in order.....
And at a convention with so many tempting goodies?
We're doomed!

;D

Nightroad

Trust me, after knowing her for 10 years I know the pain of turning in the bills...TT_TT

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: vasher on February 27, 2008, 12:52:06 PM
  It takes the better part of an hour to get all my Crusnik junk on, and that's with my Dietrich doing most of the work.  XD

insert*extensively long groan* here, that thing should have it's OWN hotel room(remembers pieces scattered about at Yaoi-con lol)
....hey how about you do the version of him naked?  :D

Anyway Katy should be go for wearing Issak again, so put her down for now =) The trio shall reunite XD

Nightroad

kimu

Yeah for an Isaak!!!
But wait...that's bad! Another Orden....
;)

As for Cain's costume needing a entire hotel room? LOL!
Yes, that sounds about right for Cain....
But Naked Cain? <shudders with horror>
Of course, I could see him with the wings on and a little fig leaf or vine thing or two twirled around trying to look his usual "I'm a perfect angel, love me while I burn up the place".

Actually, this is the other great part I love about cosplay, all the crazy 'backstage' stories.

vasher

But I am always on my best behavior, dear brothers.  Caterina is, of course, always very welcome within our Orden.  And we don't worry about bills.  ;)

Marionettenspieler and Panzer Magier. <3 <3  The odds are evening up, are they not?

Well, Cain is falling apart- it only makes sense that his wardrobe follows suit. ;P  As for naked... well, it depends on how fast I can outrun the convention police.  Probably need to go practice my levitation. XD

Nightroad

Levitate my dear brother levitate! ;)Then together the whole gang will run! ;D FAST!!!

But Catarina would never join you!!! Shes one of the good guys!

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: vasher on February 29, 2008, 07:55:46 AM
But I am always on my best behavior, dear brothers.  Caterina is, of course, always very welcome within our Orden.  And we don't worry about bills.  ;)

Marionettenspieler and Panzer Magier. <3 <3  The odds are evening up, are they not?

Well, Cain is falling apart- it only makes sense that his wardrobe follows suit. ;P  As for naked... well, it depends on how fast I can outrun the convention police.  Probably need to go practice my levitation. XD

Dude with the posing position we got away with in front of those cops last year I really don't think they'll care XD "o just some kids running around naked" lol
Not to mention what those two trigun cosplayers did O____O they got balls to do that in the main hall lmao

Nightroad

Do I WANT to know what those Trigun cosplayers did?

Oh and I forgot we have a sister Kate too!!! One more for the AX!!!!!! ;D

Nightroad

Hey everyboby!!! Its the moment you've all been waiting for *drumroll please* Caterina is here with me and she is going to speak now! (through my username because she dosen't have one!)

"Hello my darlings! It is I...your Caterina. In the virtual flesh and blood. I wanna see all my AX followers/workers/underlings soon!!!.....and hopefully fully clothed..... ;)"

Well there you go Caterina after reading of your words (and lack of clothing) has decided to join us!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!