Trinity Blood gathering '08

Started by vasher, February 27, 2008, 07:11:57 AM

vasher

Bah, Isaak.  Always better at giving it out than taking it.  *grumps*

Not a jumping bat, precisely, but similar.  The leather head is a little longer and narrower.  And you give me ideas, brother, because I still have my lunge whips.  Mmm, and spurs, too.  Unfortunately, I think they'd have trouble fitting over my armor footwear.  Maybe one of the other Orden members can wear them.

Ah, the lovely metallic THORES trim.  I do not envy you, kimu.  Used about 30 gold yrds of it in mine.  XP

kimu

Hm, that does seem true about Isaak, doesn't it?
All happy as long as he's dishing it out, Mr. Arrow of Belial and pet Sylphides and demons and whatnot to avoid getting his own hands dirty.  ;)

I do still think I should be scared we have horses in common in our RL backgrounds.  :D

And yes, the silver trim I am now finishing the hand sewing on the cloak. That's one thing THORES and the manga version are completely in common on. I'm just glad I'm not having to mess with grommets, and a few less pieces of bling armor stuff I won't have to make.
I'm not top stitching my trim, but doing it the fancy way so the stitching won't show. Which is kinda silly when I'm "behind schedule" getting this thing done right now, but I want it to look really good.
And it's bias trim I made myself with some yardage of silver high quality satin and those lovely little bias tape makers. Then lots of ironing....
Well, back to hand stitching, and I am sooo NOT counting yardage on this stuff until maybe after Fanime.
;D

Other Abel--I hope your costume work is not behind schedule, too!!!

Nightroad

HAHAHA!!! Not behind schedule! Yeah...maybe someday I'll be on schedule...or at least have a schedule...(Hey your talking to the crazy person who made her costume the day before Fanime...)TT_TT
But Im doing a cross between the anime and the manga so I haave a bit less bling to worry about...Whats killing me is the rosery...and the hair...
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

Ester-chan

I wish you all luck with your costume process!

Nightroad: Yea...I felt really guilty about that last year, considering your mom made mine as well. D': I'M SORRY ABEL-SANS MOMMA!

I am envious of you all, being able to sew. *sighs* I really wish I could learn, yet it seems I have neither the time, patience, or pain tolerance for such a deed. Woe is me! Thankfully my mom has a blue rosary for me to use. Why she has one, I have no idea...considering we aren't religious. ^^' fufufufufufufufu.

So guys, I know I've been far behind on this, but are we actually having a form of tea party? Or just...pretend tea, like when we were small children? I may have to bring my own drink if so...This Esther in particular does not like tea, just ask Nightroad. XD
Cosplays of 2010:
Sister Esther Blanchette - Trinity Blood
Rita Mordio - Tales of Vesperia
Roxas - Kingdom Hearts

Nightroad

*laughs* Ahhh Ester...Tea is good! You will come around one day!

kimu

Still working on silver trim again after work tonight....ugh.

As for the tea, why yes, I do think we intend to have some fun with tea at some point.
However, no reason why you can't have something else instead if you don't like tea.
;)

I still haven't found those plastic tea/coffee cups I was looking for. Nor the silver plastic spoons. <sigh> Why is that stuff is around when you don't need it, but when you want to find it....no where?
Still a couple places I can try.
If I survive getting this costume made.....

Nightroad

Which day are we going to have the picnic?

kimu

Considering the key tea partiers are at this point, planning on TB cosplay both days, I'd say pick the day with less other stuff going on?

Such as...no tea party person has to go change after TB gathering.
Isn't running off to something else soon, etc.

Considering we're having a photo shoot on Saturday, too.
All that said above would maybe have me thinking Sunday?

Ack--time to head to work....soooo taking Friday off as a vacation day to work on my costume.
(because I have too many days to use because they didn't let me use them all last year for one!!! and because we're not in extreme overtime mode like we were over the winter whiiiich put me behind on starting my costume in the first place which is why I am behind now!!!! gaaaah)

vasher

Phwew, I took the majority of Cain to costume class to work on , and ended up dressing one of my friends in it.  It took awhile.  My sympathies, O Orden. <3

Yes, Sunday, then, sounds good.  I'll bring the roses. ;)  Might be able to find a little tea set, but...  Also, 2as this going to be a picnic cloth sort of thing or a chair and table sort of thing?

Ester-chan

Quote from: vasher on May 14, 2008, 01:08:09 PM
Phwew, I took the majority of Cain to costume class to work on , and ended up dressing one of my friends in it.  It took awhile.  My sympathies, O Orden. <3

Yes, Sunday, then, sounds good.  I'll bring the roses. ;)  Might be able to find a little tea set, but...  Also, 2as this going to be a picnic cloth sort of thing or a chair and table sort of thing?

I thought Nightroad and myself were going to bring a picnic cloth and have it out by the fountain. That's what Abel told me...although I'm not sure if I should trust Abel-san completely. XD

Kimu: Sunday sounds good :'3

Oh, everyone, a Chi from Chobits may be joining us. XD Hope you guys don't mind.

Nightroad: Should we all go over your house and get ready the night before fanime? Would your mommeh wanna take pictures or something?

Oh, and one more question: Can we bring replica guns with us? As long as you can't fire them (duh) and have that law abiding orange paint around the rim of it? I've heard we can't from one person, and we can from another, making me utterly confused.
Cosplays of 2010:
Roxas - Kingdom Hearts

kimu

wow! Red letter day! Cain feels sympathy!!!!
:D

As for a Chi, I don't see why we can't have guests at the tea party!
Might as well spread the...er...buzz of 13 sugar tea, right? (Especially as both us Abels are coming with boxes of sugar cubes. ;b )

As for 'china', a friend told me about a party store that I should investigate for the plastic tea cups and plastic silver spoons--so we don't have to worry about real china and such. I'll visit there this weekend.

As for replica guns, the weapons policy has been posted in the forums and I'm sure the official website, too. It explains gun props.
Which is something I am sorry to say I am not going to have time to do anything about for Fanime. That's going to be a one of the things that will have to be a follow-up for future 'improvement' for my costume.  :(

Off to sew the collar of doom on my cape, before I head for bed for the night.
waaaaah!

vasher

I guess the most pertinent question is- does a Chi taste good?   :D

...M'kay, I got most of the lance done, which is good, and now I discover that it is very difficult to actually pick the silly thing up when I have my claws on.

If you do bring guns, make sure that they're fake (obviously ;)), have a nice bright tip, and you should probably bring some sort of holster or bag to put them in, just in case.  Should be fine. :)

How goes the mighty collar?

Nightroad

Quote from: vasher on May 15, 2008, 03:40:02 PM
I guess the most pertinent question is- does a Chi taste good?   :D

I don't know...
I've never tasted her before...
as for the date for the picnic, Sunday works for me too!!!

kimu

Other Abel! We're priests, remember?!
I certainly wouldn't know how a Chi tastes.
Naughty, Cain!!!
Don't scare guests to our tea party.
:D

As for the lance....I don't want to laugh. Really.
The cosplayer cringes in sorrow for you, but the character side of me is laughing.

As for the Collar of Doom!
Go and see! I sewed it on the cape last night.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v503/taleoryn/stuff_in_progress/?action=view&current=DSC03482a.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v503/taleoryn/stuff_in_progress/?action=view&current=DSC03483a.jpg

As noted, this is pre-arrows and the silver trim isn't finished. I have the hand sewing to finish. Then add the armor stuff I'll be starting on tomorrow!

Nightroad

SWEET! The collar O' Doom has turned out great!!! Good luck with the bling tomarrow!

Ester-chan

Oh yes, the tip shall be bright. XD My dad was making a big deal about it with me sitting cluelessly on the couch.

From what I hear, Chi tastes good. A guy named Hideki thinks so, indeed! XD

Vasher: Thank you ever so much! I'm gonna read the thing, but you really helped :'3

Yee gods! *shot*
Cosplays of 2010:
Roxas - Kingdom Hearts

Black Kawaii Kitty

oook getting down to the wire here, who's started to freak out? *raises hand(for other costumes though)*
Vasher: how's the O'Mighty one coming along?  ;D

kimu

Count me in a near-freak out state here over this costume!
The others are done....this one....so a lot to do. Even with all the leather work and casting molds and stuff I got done....
Decided today on what can be scaled back for Fanime--like going to do 3 strap spats and finish the full 5 later. Figure, if 3 is good enough for some of the art book stuff....
And there's a couple parts I'll be redoing or improving after Fanime on some of the blingy type things.
But I still hope to have a great looking costume for Fanime, or die trying, whichever comes first.....
:P

Nightroad

Man, other Abel, I aplaud you for doing the manga version! I am just doing a mix! ^^ (no armor)

As for me Iam not in panic mood but Iam not quite done yet...I got stuff for my hair yesterday, and completed my version of the Collar of Doom...I have to say so far that collar was the worst!!!!

Good luck on your costumes everyone!!! I know we can do it! ;D

vasher

*raises both hands*

Honestly, most of what I'm doing... nobody will probably notice.  But it's the thought that counts, right? XD  I think the largest chunk of time spent for TB has been running around trying to find all those damn little arrows and dangly bits that I stashed "safely" away. -_-

Lance, at least, should be ready to go.  I made the top part detachable, so it shouldn't hit the ceiling when we prop it up.  ^_^